Anyone using Crosswind 55026 manifold

-

dwbarracuda65

Reaction score
Any pros/cons on this intake manifold? I am planning on using on 318 8.5 to 1 compression, comtetition cam solid lift magnum 270 for street driving. Also there are some china knockoffs on ebay, anybody had any experiance with those? Thanks.

The crosswind IS a chinese knockoff..buy the real thing buy an Edelbrock:-D:-D

I agree with Stroked,
If you have to go low buck, find a LD340 and use that.
I seem to remember someone--somewhere-- discussing that topic more than 3000 times in this forum:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
Andrew

I have been running one now for more than 35,000 miles and have not had any problems. The fit and finish is good and the flexibility of having the dual mounting provisions is a feature that Edelbrock really dropped the ball on by not designing in when they did the Air-Gap.

Can't say how it stacks up against the Air-Gap in a head to head comparison but it certainly is no slouch.

I have been running one now for more than 35,000 miles and have not had any problems. The fit and finish is good and the flexibility of having the dual mounting provisions is a feature that Edelbrock really dropped the ball on by not designing in when they did the Air-Gap.

Can't say how it stacks up against the Air-Gap in a head to head comparison but it certainly is no slouch.

same here, no problems

Some fit, some dont. The plenum volume is a little smaller than the Edelbrock, but the ports usually look alot better. You can make anything fit.

Some fit, some dont. The plenum volume is a little smaller than the Edelbrock, but the ports usually look alot better. You can make anything fit.

I had a crosswind on a hot 406 sbc, the dist . hole was so far off that it ate the dist gear up ? went back to edelbrock w/ a new dist gear, problem fixed.

I had a crosswind on a hot 406 sbc, the dist . hole was so far off that it ate the dist gear up ? went back to edelbrock w/ a new dist gear, problem fixed.

you post your chevy problems on a mopar site...LOL....

I had one on a 318 I built. I intended to use the serpentine belt drive, but the intake would not allow it to fit, so I swapped for an Eddy air gap. That's the only reason though. It was a nice piece other than that.

I had one on a 318 I built. I intended to use the serpentine belt drive, but the intake would not allow it to fit, so I swapped for an Eddy air gap. That's the only reason though. It was a nice piece other than that.

was just stating a problem I had w/ a crosswind intake. for your information, I don`t even own a chevy or gm product now. and I`d almost bet that, that 406 vega would eat up most mopars on this site! do the math, 600h.p. in a 2400 lbs. car. That being said, I`ve been mopar all my life. It amazes me how many people on here have smart *** or neg comments, that don`t contribute to any thing. if that offends you --try telling someone who cares, I don`t !

was just stating a problem I had w/ a crosswind intake. for your information, I don`t even own a chevy or gm product now. and I`d almost bet that, that 406 vega would eat up most mopars on this site! do the math, 600h.p. in a 2400 lbs. car. That being said, I`ve been mopar all my life. It amazes me how many people on here have smart *** or neg comments, that don`t contribute to any thing. if that offends you --try telling someone who cares, I don`t !

excuse me.............

Been running one on my 318 for a few years, only problem I encountered was I had to modify the lip on the left valve cover to make it fit right against the manifold.

Hey man chill. I think you took that a little too close to heart. There will always be a brand that trumps another. So let's not make anymore "my dad can beat up your dad." Jokes. Alright moving on. In a good way that is. =)

I think you replied to the wrong person here.

-
Back