Are you The Stones or The Who?

Do you relate to The Stones or The Who

• I relate to The Stones music more.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • I relate to The Who's music more.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • I see no difference in the bands' psychologies.

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Pete Townsend may not have been the best guitar player, but he wrote some great songs/lyrics....

The Stones had some great songs also...

I like collecting, but like cars I have to keep my collection in check!! I have 4 acoustic guitars in the closet right now, 3 accordions (yes, I was in a zydeco band), 2 basses, including my trusty standup, a banjo, mandolin, and my flagship 1960 LP is on loan to my niece, another fine player! I gotta quit buying stuff, that's all there is to it! I've had most of these insturments for more than 25 years, some since I was a kid!! Also lost more insturments than I care to admit to unscrupulous thieves, including my "Fretless Wonder", my 72 Strat, and my 66 EB-1 bass!! Also lost my vintage Bassman amp, a Harmony "Rocket", my blond Precision bass, and an old Kalamazoo single pickup electric!! !! Dammit, now I'm mad again!!!

I had, and sold a black Fretless Wonder, and you're only the 4th person I know of who even knows what that is. lol

I'm a Bassist, My "collection" leans mostly that way.
1964 Hofner, 1966 Epiphone 256 Bass, 1968 EB3, 1972 Rick 4001, 1989 Rick 2030, 2004 "Frankenstein" home build with Carvin fretless neck, home build body, and Fender Active Jazz electronics. 68 Fender P bass, 2013 Fender PJ Bass. 2004 Cort, a new Xavier acoustic/electric bass, and my beater bass, and SX P base. Sits next to my desk, all the time.

Still have a 65 Bassman ( 2x12), my 68 Sunn 200S, also an Acustic B200, a Barringer 450w (2x10), A Crate (whatever (250w 1x15),

Guitars, I have a 1955 Estrada Classical, a 74 Epiphone 12 string acoustic, a 75 Hofner acoustic, a 2014 Ibanez acoustic/electric classical, a 1975 Gibson SG Standard, and a Silvertone hollow body electric ( resembles a Gibson ES 335) that I purchased from Rusty Rat Rod a couple of years ago. After playing cello, and standup bass, and electric bass for so many years, I'm always amazed hat how small the neck is on the Silvertone. lol.

Still have a 1973 Fender Rhodes 88, too. and my double bass, and cello, too.

I had, and sold a black Fretless Wonder, and you're only the 4th person I know of who even knows what that is. lol

I'm a Bassist, My "collection" leans mostly that way.
1964 Hofner, 1966 Epiphone 256 Bass, 1968 EB3, 1972 Rick 4001, 1989 Rick 2030, 2004 "Frankenstein" home build with Carvin fretless neck, home build body, and Fender Active Jazz electronics. 68 Fender P bass, 2013 Fender PJ Bass. 2004 Cort, a new Xavier acoustic/electric bass, and my beater bass, and SX P base. Sits next to my desk, all the time.

Still have a 65 Bassman ( 2x12), my 68 Sunn 200S, also an Acustic B200, a Barringer 450w (2x10), A Crate (whatever (250w 1x15),

Guitars, I have a 1955 Estrada Classical, a 74 Epiphone 12 string acoustic, a 75 Hofner acoustic, a 2014 Ibanez acoustic/electric classical, a 1975 Gibson SG Standard, and a Silvertone hollow body electric ( resembles a Gibson ES 335) that I purchased from Rusty Rat Rod a couple of years ago. After playing cello, and standup bass, and electric bass for so many years, I'm always amazed hat how small the neck is on the Silvertone. lol.

Still have a 1973 Fender Rhodes 88, too. and my double bass, and cello, too.

Geez,Frankster.. How long have you been collecting?!?!???

If you're STONED, WHO cares??? :dontknow:

How about that, I used both band's names in the same sentence.... :glasses7:

[ame]https://youtu.be/PdLIerfXuZ4[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/qRKAWWs8hUY[/ame]

And time flies

[ame]https://youtu.be/Kr5g4p31CGU[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/sDwfRucZtyw[/ame]

Stones.. I like dirty ,nasty rock. The Stones ,are that. The Beatles were that, until George Martin cleaned them up. The Beatles were needed in American culture, they really were the first band with political beliefs.

Still the Who-Bummer they are cancelling their tour.

On the contrary....they are "postponing" their tour.....for 6 months! I'm holding 5 tickets and according to Stub Hub's fan protection guarantee they don't refund on a rescheduled tour...Wow!!!

-
Back