Back to the drawing board... stock low dollar 360

-
Concentrate on getting the 60ft down. That will shave the most et. Does that thing have a sway bar? Toss it if it does.

I changed my mind. What rpm are you going through the traps at? That will tell you what rear gear you need. Are you out of first?

Yeah I thought you did some of that already?
Not on this motor. Heads are stock.

I changed my mind. What rpm are you going through the traps at? That will tell you what rear gear you need. Are you out of first?
LOL.... I've crossed the line in 2nd gear, but I normally shift into 3rd about 100 ft before the finish. No tach, shifting by ear. As far as gear, it will get the 2.94's. I hate 3.55's or more with a 904 at 55 mph.

LOL.... I've crossed the line in 2nd gear, but I normally shift into 3rd about 100 ft before the finish. No tach, shifting by ear. As far as gear, it will get the 2.94's. I hate 3.55's or more with a 904 at 55 mph.
The 2.94's won't make much difference. How much highway driving do you do? I went from I went from a 2.76 to a 3.23 Sure Grip and didn't notice much difference. I am looking for a 3.55 or a 3.73. I wish I had saved the 904 lock up out of a 85 5th avenue I scrapped. Next to a overdrive that would be a cool addition to a 3.73 gear.

sorry, must have missed that was previously done.
No apologies needed. And no, you didn't miss anything because I haven't done anything to the heads. But, I had a thread about home porting using common house items. That's what I was pok'n at, making fun of myself :) Great suggestion, by the way !

The 2.94's won't make much difference. How much highway driving do you do? I went from I went from a 2.76 to a 3.23 Sure Grip and didn't notice much difference. I am looking for a 3.55 or a 3.73. I wish I had saved the 904 lock up out of a 85 5th avenue I scrapped. Next to a overdrive that would be a cool addition to a 3.73 gear.
correct, I'll be lucky to get a couple of tenths. However, I'm putting them in because it's the gear I like, not for the performance gain. I've had just about everything from 2.45's to 4.30's on the street over the years......

Not on this motor. Heads are stock.

I’m with you on that. My truck is turning 2700 at 70

Use both of them and POW! Instant 13.2-13.3's !? :thumbsup:
Hook them up progressively for good gas mileage and bang for your buck...
s-l400.jpg

Post 54 I was talking about air quality. I learned about that one day when I could not get it to the 11's? The car liked 11.7 or so. This day 12.1 to 12.3?? I thought I lost a cylinder? Asked a friend (a real Mopar drag racer) " what the heck?!" He said check the air? I'll be dipped!? With air correction... 11.7
You're not new to the game here so nobody's foolin nobody. We all know you can probably eak another half second out of it with a lot of tooling know-how and help from a friend but it's going to take a little bit of cash ola to get that other half second.
Well you know I'll be watching and criticizing the whole way LOL I'll be darned if you don't find some cool way to shave some time and I ain't jumping on the bandwagon and trying it on my car..

Have you cut the girders out of the doors? I'm thinking about doing that too. I did it to my original stock doors and now I have some 74 doors. So I have my windows now.

Use both of them and POW! Instant 13.2-13.3's !? :thumbsup:
Hook them up progressively for good gas mileage and bang for your buck...
View attachment 1715240168
I had a dual quad intake...… I sold it.

No I rarely sell I usually buy LOL
Absolutely.... I have the same issue... :)
You're not new to the game here so nobody's foolin nobody. We all know you can probably eak another half second out of it with a lot of tooling know-how and help from a friend but it's going to take a little bit of cash ola to get that other half second.
Well you know I'll be watching and criticizing the whole way LOL I'll be darned if you don't find some cool way to shave some time and I ain't jumping on the bandwagon and trying it on my car..
  • I'm well aware of air quality. The folks I pit with (bracket racers) more than keep me up to date.... about every hour. I usually add that to my posts if the air was poor, good, etc
  • I've never said it would be free and I wouldn't need to spend a couple pennies. I just said I wasn't doing the 3.91 etc etc to get there.
  • Stay tuned, and cheer poor ole' 318willrun into the 12's :D

Last edited:
I still have hopes of taking it down tonight..... and posting a better E.T. :D

Update:
  • They canceled tonight. :( Still planning on tomorrow.... :)

Last edited:
Leav'n to go down now...…… they are going to try it.
  • j par this for you: Rain around us so the air is heavy with moisture..... but temps are cool :D

Leav'n to go down now...…… they are going to try it.
  • j par this for you: Rain around us so the air is heavy with moisture..... but temps are cool :D

And here I am at a swap meet at the speedway in Peoria and everything Chevy except for the suspension parts of course.

As always, I'll give ya the good, the bad, and the ugly. I did better...… barely ….
Two quick things. As I posted, I thought the car made more power and the mph showed that by increasing over 1 mph. Usually gained under 20 mph the last 1/8, today it gained over 20 the last 1/8. However, I lost a 1/2 tenth in the 60 ft. That bothered me..... :BangHead:
the new.....
DSCN1209.JPG

The Old
dscn1190-jpg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
You've got to get that time back. Otherwise AJ won't have to blow up his car.
LOL.... 2.01 is still enough that he should have blown up his car already. He said he'd blow it up if I could hit a 2.10

-
Back