Best ifs kit? rms, hdk, gt suspension, or magnum force?

-
I could tell from reading his million word post that he HASN'T competitively raced, I agree that he needs track time before writing a book on therory.

No, i've not raced pro or for wins, but I have been doing turning hot laps around Putnam Raceway and other local events for several several years now. Ive done it merely for a hobby, just to enjoy, now I want to focus competively. I never cared about times before. I'm simply building as much adjustment as possible in the car based on some the nice racers in my local SCCA club who have let me drive their pure on race cars. I want the car to grow with my skills. There will be a baseline set up that i'll be running quite a bit. and I do agree, I need some track time with this setup to test my theories. I EXPECT to be WRONG. I'm planning on being wrong. Hints the testing. However, I'm not gonna get into a ***** measuring contest on this forum... again. Believe what you want my friend, doesn't bother me one way or the other. Bottomline is this, springs do much more than simply holding a car up. That is my point and that in and of itself is true regardless of your opinions of me or my experience.

like I said ....I forgot you were racing.

Here is some friendly advise. Throw away your Readers Digest.....when / if you get to the track.....concentrate on track time learning how to drive your hot rod instead of spending your time in the garage / pits changing everything in the tool box. you will be faster and have a lot more fun.

get back to me when you have some REAL street experience...or a few hundred laps. I could be wrong, but from looking over your build thread, I do not believe you have either.

just keeping it real.

with this car, yes. But again, not my first rodeo. and I'll be turning plenty of laps Denny, not sitting in the pits grilling brats while I change parts. I'm not questioning your experience. I'm questioning your statement about "springs simply hold the car up".

Last edited:
maybe even a few PERSONAL miles on that rack / coil over conversion would add some credibility......BEFORE he tells us how great it is.

just say'n
fair enough. and there will be plenty of miles on this set up. I know you're still butthurt over the whole GTS thing and your personal issues with it's builder. But I'm not the only one running it and it's been performing just fine based on times and results of other users. Besides, I'm not a salesman, I'm not pushing parts for anyone, I didnt even compare kits in my post above.

...if you say so....:)

On the GTS relationship....not butt hurt, but since YOU brought it up...at my age, I just do not have time for liars.

Last edited:
...if you say so....:)

On the GTS relationship....not butt hurt, but since YOU brought it up...at my age, I just do not have time for liars.
say so about what?

and I've never once lied to you Denny. If others have, then that's between you and them and I'm not getting drug into it. Maybe i shouldnt have brought it up. I know there is some issues there and I feel that affects your comments and feelings towards me. I was not and am not part of that. I know there will probably always be tension between us, but rest assured, I have no ill feelings towards you. You're a nice guy Denny and had I had more time at the nats, I would have stayed and chatted with you over a beer, but sadly I had to get back to Indiana by a certain time that day.

And I have given you and your products a fair shake. Matter of fact, I contacted you first before I contacted anyone else about a rear kit for these cars. I'm simply after what I feel is the best stuff I can afford to put under my car.

Now, next year, or the next time we're in close proximity towards one another, I'll gladly buy you a beverage of your choice and we'll talk.

Last edited:
I tend to believe things when I see it.

some talk....some get it done. (how's that for a little personal motivation??)

remember....always :)

I did NOT mean to imply that YOU ever LIED to me....that reference was with Carl.

I always enjoy our discussions....We do not agree on some points, but I would buy you a cold one any day. I just gotta school you and get schooled once in a while....it is what I would do if we were hanging in the shop.

I tend to believe things when I see it.

some talk....some get it done. (how's that for a little personal motivation??)

remember....always :)

I agree. I'll get her done one of these days. I'm not gonna rush it just for the sake of an internet debate. This will most likely be the only car I build like this. I intend to do it right. Or at least as right as possible. Plus, I'm learning new skills as I go, such as body work and panel fabrication. Yes, progress has been slow. Sadly, with 2 young kids, a full time job with lots of mandatory OT, plus the Guard, the dart gets put on the back burner, or even removed from the stove all together at times. There's day I'm just too exhausted to even look at it. But such is life.

I did NOT mean to imply that YOU ever LIED to me....that reference was with Carl.

I always enjoy our discussions....We do not agree on some points, but I would buy you a cold one any day. I just gotta school you and get schooled once in a while....it is what I would do if we were hanging in the shop.

Gotcha, I'm sure there's more of the story, from both sides, but I dont care to get involved. Speaking of the shop, I should probably be getting out there. I gotta buddy coming over in a couple hours to help me finish fabbing up the tail panel on the dart. I gotta get stuff moved around so I can get the dart on the lift and near the welder

maybe we can agree on this modified version regarding my spring claim......95% of the springs function is to hold up the car.

my experience with racers is mostly....the one with the biggest set of nuts is usually the fastest......95% of the time anyways.

now get out there and get to work.....:)

maybe we can agree on this modified version regarding my spring claim......95% of the springs function is to hold up the car.

my experience with racers is mostly....the one with the biggest set of nuts is usually the fastest......95% of the time anyways.

now get out there and get to work.....:)
maybe ;) probably be even more accurate to say that the springs function is to handle the weight of the car as it goes thru the suspension cycle. ;)

there ya' go....getting technical again, your only gonna confuse yourself.....I thought you had work to do?

there ya' go....getting technical again, your only gonna confuse yourself.....I thought you had work to do?
I do, I'm in the garage as we speak. I'll be posting some pics for your enjoyment later ;)

Hey dukeboy, my comment might have sounded harsher than I intended it to, I'm not crackin on ya, I admire your desire to do what your doing, and I'm glad to see people finally running mopars in handling type competition......just keep working at it and have fun, you will learn more the longer you do it!

Hey dukeboy, my comment might have sounded harsher than I intended it to, I'm not crackin on ya, I admire your desire to do what your doing, and I'm glad to see people finally running mopars in handling type competition......just keep working at it and have fun, you will learn more the longer you do it!
It's all good. No worries. And yes, I cant wait.

Very interesting thread. I haven't been here for a while. Looks like I've missed quite a bit of things here.

thread jack: speaking of aftermarket front ends, does anyone know what coil over spring rates would be best for a street driven big block? mine rides like a 10,000 pound dumptruck, unloaded!
i have hdk kit in mine bb dart i have have tried 500lb 450 and 400lb the 400 gave me the best ride and performance with 10'' coil over shock 440 with iron heads

i have hdk kit in mine bb dart i have have tried 500lb 450 and 400lb the 400 gave me the best ride and performance with 10'' coil over shock 440 with iron heads
turns out , I have 500 pound springs on my front coil overs. have been advised to 350 pound springs. trying to pay w/ paypal. dam paypal is f/u, won`t work ! if anyone needs 2 500 pound 10" long, 2 1/2i.d. springs , mine are for sale ______--c h e a p ! dirt cheap !

turns out , I have 500 pound springs on my front coil overs. have been advised to 350 pound springs. trying to pay w/ paypal. dam paypal is f/u, won`t work ! if anyone needs 2 500 pound 10" long, 2 1/2i.d. springs , mine are for sale ______--c h e a p ! dirt cheap !
holy crap, that explains the dump truck ride. wow

Did you measure how much your 10" springs were collapsing?

I am in the process of installing my GTS ...i am very pleased with the product and fitment .. Truly a NICE piece.. hands down .. nothing negative to say at this time ...

DO NOT BUY Magnum Force!!!!!!! Apparently they use thin wall metal in their kits and this guys kit broke. They then made him buy all new stuff in order to fix the problem. They are giving him the run around and all. This is on the A-Body Mopar page on Facebook.

13690879_10208699973035689_8677519411947693361_n.jpg

13699976_10208699973115691_8746563902020316105_n.jpg

13726748_10208699973355697_7635866682657479752_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah and the way they are treating him afterwards. They basically said, too bad, buy our crap to fix it

would the moderator deleting my posts in this thread please pm me and explain what i did wrong to get them deleted? Thanks

-
Back