BigBoy 68

-
I donated a PSC Gift Certificate to a FABO Benefit Auction after dismissing him as a customer.

I learned a few days later that BB68 (then under the user name SuperDart426) had privately contacted another longstanding member here with a request that he bid on my Gift Certificate -- secretly on his behalf -- because Bob wanted more work done and knew I would refuse.

The voice mail I received when he learned his attempted conspiracy had failed was so legendary I put it up on YouTube. It's had almost 600 views in ten years.

When people show you who they are, believe them.
~ Maya Angelou

Last edited:
I donated a PSC Gift Certificate to a FABO Benefit Auction after dismissing him as a customer.

I learned a few days later that BB68 (then under the user name SuperDart426) had privately contacted another longstanding member here with a request that he bid on my Gift Certificate -- secretly on his behalf -- because Bob wanted more work done and knew I would refuse.

The voice mail I received when he learned his attempted conspiracy had failed was so legendary I put it up on YouTube. It's had almost 600 views in ten years.

~ Maya Angelou

302 252 5896?

My ability to buy and sell parts and gets tons of information, make friends here, (the list goes on) is not something that I would ever jeopardize. There is no way I could have correctly built and tuned my 70 Dart without being a member here.
Majors kudos to all (most, lol) FABO members
And Admin's.

EFFECTS.jpg

Surprised this is still ongoing. About 2 years ago
He drove about 45 minutes to my house to pick up parts. First words out of his mouth were I'm $5.00 short is that ok?

So if I say no then I guess you drove her for nothing? I can mail it to you.
There is anATM just down the road. well I have another problem , my one back tire is low on air, and i dont have a bank card. Uh no pal the tires not low it's flat.
now I have him in my driveway with a flat and short on money , like i believed that.. So just to get rid of him. I stick a can of fix a flat in blow up the tire take his money give him the parts.minus one part. I tell him I have to look for it.
So off he goes. I see him at Carlisle a year latter. Did you find that part. Sure, did you send me the $5.00 oh.I forgot. Well your here now, . Do you have the part with you?. Sure do it's the 5 you owe me plus the can of fix a flat plus interest so $25.00 should cover it.
Still have the part.

The flimsy excuses this guy (and sadly some others in this world live on) is quite something. If only he put similar effort into actually being honest instead of lying….

Just so everyone knows, Big boy received a huge inheritance. He has no money issues anymore. He drove up and bought a lot of stuff from me lately. I have had no issues with him.

Scumbag with an inheritance is still a scumbag. His best excuse...."waiting on my Christmas money" :lol:
Never had a 12 year old with so many excuses.

Yup, a scumbag with money is still a scumbag. But maybe he won't be trying to scam everybody now....and good to know that he has the money so nobody will let him scam them anymore.

Just so everyone knows, Big boy received a huge inheritance. He has no money issues anymore. He drove up and bought a lot of stuff from me lately. I have had no issues with him.

He might not have money issues...

But he has integrity issues.

Those are harder to make go away. And I've never seen a Will of Inheritance bequeath someone integrity.

I guess I'll know tomorrow. He bought an 8.25 rear from me 2 weeks before Carlisle, paid in full, with an agreed upon pickup date of tomorrow, more so because of availability, not his.

I guess I'll know tomorrow. He bought an 8.25 rear from me 2 weeks before Carlisle, paid in full, with an agreed upon pickup date of tomorrow, more so because of availability, not his.
hey man, you got paid in full. that's on him to pick it up in a timely manner.

at worst maybe you gotta sit on it till next Carlisle for him to grab it, or you sell it there again!

hey man, you got paid in full. that's on him to pick it up in a timely manner.

at worst maybe you gotta sit on it till next Carlisle for him to grab it, or you sell it there again!
I did that to a guy once after asking him several times to come get it because it was in my way. I finally took it to a swap meet and sold it. The funny part is that he walked up just as the new owner got through buying it. The old owner asked if that was his Dana and the answer was not anymore lol.

Don't worry.... he'll blow through that 100k by the end of September and be back to the same old PDQ.

Like I said I be dealing with him almost 10 years never an issue. Even if you agreed to his payment plan with dates and he fails to make payment, whatever money you got from him is yours and you still have the part. You can just relisted the part. I don’t see a big deal, it’s on him. The guy has serious health issues and been in and out of the hospital many times. He may have screwed over some people but not me.

Last edited:
I’ve never had a problem with him. I’ve even made a trade where he sent the part and paid the shipping b4 I sent my parts and paid the shipping back to him. In fact I have been screwed over by a couple of long standing members in good standing on this forum. I wouldn’t have believed that they would do that to anyone it till it happened to me. Kim

Well, as mentioned yesterday, he's supposed to pick up a rear he bought from me before Carlisle.

He showed up on time today and is already gone. No issues, just patience.

~ Maya Angelou

I heard enough.
What kind of guy leaves a gal a voice mail like that.
if you got any balls? lol
Talk to my lady like that, he'd be hearing from me.

Just seems like an awful lot of work on his part for a few hundred dollars here and there. A minimum wage job would net you more money in less amount of time than it does to try and get over on people.

Like I said I be dealing with him almost 10 years never an issue. Even if you agreed to his payment plan with dates and he fails to make payment, whatever money you got from him is yours and you still have the part. You can just relisted the part. I don’t see a big deal, it’s on him. The guy has serious health issues and been in and out of the hospital many times. He may have screwed over some people but not me.

davescuda, please don't take my comment as anything towards you. The grocery store does not have an integrity meter. Nor should it. Choose item, pay for item, leave with item. Simple, straight up.

...It seems like if you are a seasoned careful buyer/seller in this hobby and stick to well-thought-out firm one to one exchanges you will be ok.

If you are a doing/getting a non-instantaneous service, little too trustworthy, waffle on your arrangements, not parts buyer savvy, new to hobby, don't know how to spot your parts 100%, not good at evaluating condition... it's a good idea just to avoid someone like this.

IMHO, guys like this are opportunists.

Last edited:
-
Back