Birth of the Blue Missile

-
While things continue to move forward I have gotten some work done on the neck. its cocobolo and purple heart.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000383.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 968
  • WP_000389.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 925
  • WP_000390.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 903
To those of you who have read my story thanks for all the kudos. I just got done making the book a FREE E-book on Smashwords, so the story can be shared. Ther is much more content than in the thread here and incriminating pictures! Again its available in all formats and its free.
Andrew

Attachments

• publisity pic.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 952
As I watch the financial picture come together to be able to finish the Missile and put together a shop, I continue to make progress on the Explorer.
I got the trussrod installed and the fret board material (Coolabah Burl) put on. It looks very cosmic.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000408.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 893
  • WP_000412.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 821
  • WP_000410.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 851
Still waiting on things but I have made some progress on the explorer. The inlays are abalone dyed purple. Im getting ready to route the pickup holes and get this thing in its final finish.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000486.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 753
  • WP_000473.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 766
Still waiting on shop funding but, all this needs is the rest of the hardware to arrive. "Where is that confounded bridge?"
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000492.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 755
This is cool, my dream job is to design, build, test and sell guitars or amplifier equipment. Just need to find a company to start at after I graduate this dec.

Damn man, that is some awesome taste in guitar flavor man. I thought my Strat was cool, now I realize it so NOT special lol! I go for tone anyway, but if I could have a Jem in that swirled out funky wood, it might be my last guitar lol.

Denny, with the funding for the shop, comes the stroked 440 small block and the Tranny, until then I putz around with wood. Now I do occasionally take the cover off and open the car up, crank up the stereo and exercise all the switches and solenoids. Highway Star still sounds great.
Andrew

To those of you who have read my story thanks for all the kudos. I just got done making the book a FREE E-book on Smashwords, so the story can be shared. Ther is much more content than in the thread here and incriminating pictures! Again its available in all formats and its free.
Andrew

Downloaded and read the entire thing. Can't wait for the sequel!

Thanks 789, right now I dont have it the budget to promote the book, but it is being considered for production in Hollywood. I really need to create a buzz and get it read by alot of people. So please tell your friends. Thanks again.

Andrew! What a great work you've done. Two of my friends Ssmuel and Mikael has started a museum here in town with just guitars.

Google Guitars the museum. I think you will love it!

Sorry guys for the lack of updates. I have moved within Austin, and I lost about400 sqft in shop space. so it took a while to get the shop reorganized. As far as the Missile goes it waits for more funding which is on the way. As far as guitars go since the Explorer I have built three more, a Les Paul resonator, a Melody maker, and a Firebird. Back to work on the car very soon.

View attachment WP_20150111_16_54_44_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150110_10_25_21_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150715_11_36_06_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150715_11_36_43_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150718_11_57_26_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150718_11_57_42_Pro.jpg

The lack of response here is why I have been not posting much lately. I now that this is not car related, so if you really need me to post progress on the car, PM me and Ill give you the address to send your check to. The motor is about 25K, the tranny is about 9K, and the paint job who knows.
In the mean time trust me I am working at putting the funds together to finish the Missile. Re structuring my investments takes time, along with the time for investments to return a profit. I do come here and read of everyone elses progress and I celebrate that with you.
Be of good cheer I will finish the Missile.
Andrew

The lack of response here is why I have been not posting much lately. I now that this is not car related, so if you really need me to post progress on the car, PM me and Ill give you the address to send your check to. The motor is about 25K, the tranny is about 9K, and the paint job who knows.
In the mean time trust me I am working at putting the funds together to finish the Missile. Re structuring my investments takes time, along with the time for investments to return a profit. I do come here and read of everyone elses progress and I celebrate that with you.
Be of good cheer I will finish the Missile.
Andrew

Andrew - I just read the posts, I rarely respond unless I have some input. Subscribed and read mostly to keep up with what you are up to, it has been 9 years since I lived in Austin. My car has been painted in the last year and I am slowly working on putting it back together. No progress in the last few months, but I plan to be working on it again in the next two weeks. Check out my thread in the signature for the latest.

OK I have spent the last year moving and re organizing the home shop. I have built nine guitars and rebuilt a large stand up bass. My son's collage education has been the place where most funds have gone. In the mean time I bought an 06 Dodge Magnum which then dropped a valve seat into the top of the #1 piston, forcing me to pay for an engine rebuild, ( I could have bought the tranny for the Missile for this kind of money).
I just started back on the Missile in that I had a couple of small projects set aside because of the move.
The first was rewiring the electric window switches with new, proper specialized connectors. As it turns out there is a short some where in the run between the switch and the motor of the passenger window requiring the removal of the major portion of the center console. Much more involved than it sounds. This will wait till cooler weather.
The second project was completing the stainless lens enclosures for the main set of Infra-red headlights. They are made out of 16 Ga sheet and the IR transparent plexi. I also took the occasion to paint the bumper and lower air dam as well as the mid filler piece the headlights are attached to.
The third project was the door cups. I tried everything I could to avoid having to make a mold and make carbon cups but to no avail. So I made a one sided mold and vacuumed some carbon down to create the cups. They will work well but they still need some touch up and clear coat then I will dril them for the screws.

WP_20160629_002.jpg

WP_20160616_004.jpg

WP_20160618_001.jpg

WP_20160621_001.jpg

WP_20160621_002.jpg

WP_20160629_001.jpg

WP_20160701_001.jpg

WP_20160701_002.jpg

WP_20160701_003.jpg

WP_20160702_001.jpg

Andrew, is there a way you could glue or adhere the cup to the back of the panel to keep from it being two pieces? to make it look like one piece...don't get me wrong I love everything you've done, but since you know how to do the carbon fiber I think it would look cool.

-
Back