Birth of the Blue Missile

-
In all of this confusion, I cant remember if I fired five shots or six. You have to ask yourself, since the rockets travel at 600ft/sec, Do I feel lucky? Well Do YA?????
Andrew

:| I want to know exactly how much of that stuff really works.... You're like a kid trapped in an adults body, well kudos man.

Stunning work.. Took me two nights (glad my wife has worked night shift) for me to read all of this. I loved your stories of your life.. That got me hooked on this thread. Your car is turning out to be amazing. My hats off to you for seeing this to the end. I will be watching this till the end when you drive it off your lot.

Thanks for sharing your stories..

Gerald

OK Ill asktoro,
to what do you refer?
Andrew

I'm not trying to be an ***, I actually respect that you're doing something different... but I seriously have trouble grasping how lasers and ... cannons such... Uhm.... Yeah. ... Maybe it's a really bad idea trying to ask you or grasp your train of thought. I feel like I'm starting to lose my marbles...

Dowels, plywood, washer motor, pnumatic arm...... = chain gun? Lol....

Asktoro...you can maybe blame me

I think it is just some friendly banter...ie ballbustin/kiddin'...that Andrew and I do..back and forth

Kinda started (I think) when I started comparing him (rightfully so) to that ingenious character Doc..in the movie Back to the Future....I also see a little Luke Skywalker in his thinking too....

Do you think I watch too many movies??

Anyways...Andrew just plays along...I think to humor me...I'm kinda old and goofy.

Mopar to ya'
Denny

I'm not trying to be an ***, I actually respect that you're doing something different... but I seriously have trouble grasping how lasers and ... cannons such... Uhm.... Yeah. ... Maybe it's a really bad idea trying to ask you or grasp your train of thought. I feel like I'm starting to lose my marbles...

Dowels, plywood, washer motor, pnumatic arm...... = chain gun? Lol....

It's a theme or direction for the car, a radical deviation from stock, I mean who didn't think the dash of K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider wasn't cool, all those button's, switches and gadgets didn't work but it looked impressive, if you Google Air Force Challenger you'll get a good idea of a theme car completed. Good job Andrew, can't wait to see whats next.

AT,
some of what you see is that friendly banter. However you can find on Ebay the "flux capacitor" and "Mister fission". Thats where I got the pics for Denny's amusement.
Now as far as the rest of the stuff goes, if you see it its functional.
Well take this slowly.....
LASERs, the cops use them and there are systems available to negate that fact. However the indicator light denoting that their use has been detected, is a single 3mm LED. I thought something a little larger would help me.By the way that system is labeled "CLOAK"
If you read my entire thread, you know there was a rocket launcher on the original "Missile". In this build there will be no room for what would have to be an updated version, going from a 1.25" bore to a 3" bore twin launcher affair, that would pop out of the top of the hood. Maybe for the movie! But for now there will be no room in the engine compartment since I am raising the inner wheel wells 2" to accommodate the lowered stance.
I cant begin to tell you how easy this build would be if it were all smoke and mirrors and nothing really worked. I have started the wiring process with sub assemblies, I had to go out yesterday to find 24 pin connectors for a couple of them. I know this seems like a foolish pursuit but there are some projects you only get to create once in your life, this is one of those for me.
No offense taken at any of the cheap shots, if you havent figured it out yet were all CRAZY around here.
Andrew

thats what I was thinkin, Marty....I mean Andrew...

Ross ...thanks for changing up the "theme" thing to "direction"......it really sounds less Glee...and more hot rod....at least to me..(and thats what counts in my book)

I can say I have been enjoying this build. Watching the imagination long with the required work to make everything functional is great.I am looking forward when this car is done and everyone see's all the hard work and thought that has gone into this Duster.

I can say I have been enjoying this build. Watching the imagination long with the required work to make everything functional is great.I am looking forward when this car is done and everyone see's all the hard work and thought that has gone into this Duster.
as am I!:wav:

Well, at least he goes and does it, which is a lot more than I can say for myself. I've had plenty of mock up drawings, ideas and all that goof... but never got around to doing it. I would if I had a garage... grr. :(

Toro,
before I had a garage, I did it all on the kitchen table.Even so as the pic shows this garage will never have room for a car. I had always intended to build this car in a shop of my owning. But because of the economic policies of Odumbass, I now have more time than money and no shop.
But I never gave up my plan, and since doing research costs very little the plan grew in complexity and now takes up two 3" binders.
please dont give up on your ideas and dreams for your car.

IF YOU DONT QUIT YOU WIN!

In the mean time I am still working on sub-systems not only building them, but creating all the documentation that will keep all this mess straight. My goal is to be able to take a night photo of the cockpit all lit up. Still waiting on parts but getting closer. For instance Im still waiting on a single switch for the main cluster so I can pin-out the connector and wrap the wire bundle and install it in the console.
Such is life
Andrew

Attachments

• shop#2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 625
  • the plan.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 594
  • Photo517.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 606
Well, at least he goes and does it, which is a lot more than I can say for myself. I've had plenty of mock up drawings, ideas and all that goof... but never got around to doing it. I would if I had a garage... grr. :(

If you really want to be in a building of some type. Here is a idea. Go to a mini storage place that has units that are big enough to hold a car. I did that temporarily in NC. The mini storage was called Public Storage and rented a unit big enough to hold a pick up and 1/2 of my belongings they didn't care as long that I didn't keep flammable rags or materials inside.

http://www.publicstorage.com/

OK,
after spending an entire week working on the electric system, I did get the switch cluster pinned out and I did get the missing switch, but all of the LEDs lighting the switches turned out to be orange instead of the white ones I ordered, so night pics will still have to wait.
I also got the circuit assignments and documentation done for the massive fuse/relay panel, so I can start the main harness when the urge strikes.
I decided to get to building the "air grabber" hood scoop, and after doing some looking into the air flow issues have redesigned the operable portion of the scoop. I can go with an 11" x6" element and get enough air flow so the pop-up section was narrowed, and tapered to follow the lines of thew hood and the scoop. here are the pics of the the mock-up made out of Masonite and plywood. The leading edge of the pop-up section should be in good enough flow to actually be of benefit at highway speeds.The front opening is 2"x15" which is the minimum set forth in the MoPar performance handbook.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo520.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 596
  • Photo522.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 592
  • Photo523.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 564
A quick pick of the front of the interior, still a lot of work to do.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo526.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 551
Cool Build Andrew!!! I have been checking in and keeping up on your progress. Keep up the excellent and very innovative work!!!

DarTT,
You have my permission to send Chip the link to the build,I'd love to talk to him about a joint venture, NO PUN INTENDED!!!
Andrew

Andrew,

I enjoy looking at you page here because everytime I look I see something that I would have never thought of.
I like the thought of a pop-up hood scoop.

I also like the way your center console looks I am going to have to do something like it once I get my wiper motor mount in my car.

I have been a little lazy and busy the last few weeks and have yet to cut out the support.

I do not have a break so I am going to have to do some cutting welding and drilling, anyways, sorry about that part babbling on here.

I like the look keep it up and good job on the wiring I can see that it is no easy task.

Timothy

TT,
I have acquired a couple of micro-glides from the computer industry, and a couple of 2" throw 12v actuators. Im now getting back to figuring out what materials will work where, and will start putting it all together this week.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo527.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 534
-
Back