Brandons 1971 dart build

-
im also redoing the dorr latch pin,the metal supporting the door latch has become weak, and even cracked

does anyone have pictures of how they did theirs? we did them in my dads 68 dart, but id like to see some more examples for refrence

Grass isnt growing under your feet ! 8)

A buddy told me that someone is making a replacement
striker plate with the pin that welds in. Not sure who is making it though.

Side note; Nice choice on the color, however on your Dodge it is "Green Go".:-D

my spring relacation kit came today, and i got both my front fenders blasted, primed, sanded, and primed again, stripped them down to bare metal,

trunk pan should be in later this week, tomorrow im stripping the floor boards, and going to apply "por15" and get started on the spring relocation.

has anyoone used rino line on their floors, it was "sugested" to me, but i think it would make my car look like im hiding something on the floors?

opinions would be appreciated. thanks guys

well, today i ordered my quaters from AMD, and bought a built 408 stroker,

ive been thinking about it and i might be going with a 727 auto over the 4spd, only reason being is now that i got the 408, im going to be "driving" the car, and i think with a 4spd, and the motor/cam, wont be the best to stree drive it daily in the summer.

its been a while and ive been slacking,

i decided not to do a complete minnitub...i installed the spring relocation kit, with a set of super stock springs, it tucks a 305 tire.

also picked out orange instead of green at the last minute.

blasted the engine bay...sorry but all i have is these crappy cell phone pictures.

the motor is at the machine shop getting a quick once through, and i had a set of "J" heads ported, and reworked, with 202 valves punched in

engine.jpg

its actually a custom color...mix of red and orange....no yellow added.

had a few drinks...mixed a color...and this is what came out,

its actually a custom color...mix of red and orange....no yellow added.

had a few drinks...mixed a color...and this is what came out,

I LUV IT! I've done the same thing before as well. I bought some blue at the paint store and got it home, didn't like it. Added a little plum crazy, a little EB3 Ice Blue, and tossed some micro flake in it - came out Really close to EB5 blue LOL!

Hi nice ride, nice to see another Canadian west coaster here. Looks like you are doing the same reso I am. Where are you located? I'm in Langley. Looks like you are doing a great job so far.

Garth

some more progress, the minni tub is done, using the stock tubs, the new quarters are on, AMD makes AWESOME metal!!!

dartdriverquarteroff.jpg

driverwheeltub.jpg

newtub.jpg

dartwheeltub.jpg

dartquarter.jpg

dartfront.jpg

keep in mind, i started with this.

dart.jpg

Nice work on the quarters and cheater tubs! i'll be starting the same thing soon too. I have a 71 Swinger 340. I wouldn't mind having a look at the wheel tub job. Mine is mini tubbed to the frame rail and I may want to put it back to stock.

Garth

some more progress, the minni tub is done, using the stock tubs, the new quarters are on, AMD makes AWESOME metal!!!

dartdriverquarteroff.jpg

driverwheeltub.jpg

newtub.jpg

dartwheeltub.jpg

dartquarter.jpg

dartfront.jpg

keep in mind, i started with this.

dart.jpg

things have been a little slow....i now have hired someone to do the body work because i lack time, but the minni tub is done, floors have been done, seamsealed, then sealed with POR 15.

ive had the heads dent out to a local guy for port work and bigger valves...and a 360 with a fresh rebuild.

got my new 340 tops and hood pins from PG Classics (very nice products)..also got all my new weather seals, window seals, etc...i will post more pictures tomorrow.

Your making great progress with your Dart.Should be done soon.:clock:
thanks

the body work is starting tomorrow, today i got the door latches redone, all the front brakes done, bought a NOS gastank,

funds are running low, as of now, im into the car for over $16,000!! and that doesnt include the motor,

i have 60hrs into both quarters, both minni tubs, rear sale panel, trunk floor, and trunk extentions

wow, nice job man!! everything looks good! Yea i hear ya on the money thing....I'm about 32K invested so far in my build....no where close to being done.....

sorry for the small pics,

did some work on the money pit today, and snapped a few pics

the dust is building up under the hood

GetAttachment2.jpg

rear quarters on and primered

GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

skim coat of filler to finish off the new tubs and trunk floor....now can fit a 325 tire!!

GetAttachment4.jpg

-
Back