changing colors 71 dart 1 man home resto.

-
Got a little further on the sail panel and worked on the hole in the trunk lid. It still needs a little massaging but its a little further.
Everything was treated with OSPHO.

DSC00024 (Custom).JPG

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00010 (Custom).JPG

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

DSC00034 (Custom).JPG

DSC00036 (Custom).JPG

DSC00038 (Custom).JPG

DSC00040 (Custom).JPG

DSC00045 (Custom).JPG

Killer thread. Just getting to it for the first time. Very inspiring and knowledgable for us 'do-it-yourselfer's' that don't quite know how to do it yet :-D

Killer thread. Just getting to it for the first time. Very inspiring and knowledgable for us 'do-it-yourselfer's' that don't quite know how to do it yet :-D

Thanks YoungBlood. I am getting some practice for my GTX build. Alot of things learned and done twice.:toothy10:

Thanks guys. Here is what I got done on thursday.

Fuel pump eccentric on. Tyhanks daredevil.:cheers:
Hood drilled for pins.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00007 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

DSC00010 (Custom).JPG

Coming along nicely. I've always liked the hood pins look.
I hadn't realized they were a factory option on Swingers until
I bought my GT.
What are your plans for the hood? Scoop(s)? Matching body color or flat black?

Coming along nicely. I've always liked the hood pins look.
I hadn't realized they were a factory option on Swingers until
I bought my GT.
What are your plans for the hood? Scoop(s)? Matching body color or flat black?

Thanks. I will have two scoops please. LOL Painted satin black.

Yes, the hoods pins do POP!

DSC00055 (Custom).JPG

Hello homecloned ,

With me hurts my fingers :)

Great Job you do !

If you please more pictures

Greeting
Uli

Sail panel looks great =P~=P~and I see you attacked even more bad metal work :cheers: That little heater will surprise ya on how much heat they put out =D>
And the tail light repair worked out good homecloned :thumbrig:
As for the hood pin's :blob: I bet it was a little spooky to drill the first hole in your hood :glasses2: I would be shaking in my boots 8) Great job bud :cheers::thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig:

I hope I get my floor jack back today so I can run my battery cable to the front 8)

Sail panel looks great =P~=P~and I see you attacked even more bad metal work :cheers: That little heater will surprise ya on how much heat they put out =D>
And the tail light repair worked out good homecloned :thumbrig:
As for the hood pin's :blob: I bet it was a little spooky to drill the first hole in your hood :glasses2: I would be shaking in my boots 8) Great job bud :cheers::thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig:

I hope I get my floor jack back today so I can run my battery cable to the front 8)

Thanks Mike. You would have cringed if you saw how I marked for the holes.
I just closed the hood a little hard to leave some impressions from the under side and drilled through the top and cleaned up with the sanding drum on my Dremel.
Get that jack back! I will do some model tinkering today on my scale garage. We have rain all day.

I have drilled and tapped the holes in the tailights and just need to repaint the silver.

Damn, Noel, I haven't been on in a few days for more than an hour of so and you leave me behind. Nice job on the hood pins. I can understand your heart beating fast. My first time was with a customer's fiberglass hood in a collision shop. Talk about taking some careful measurements...:-D

same way i did my hood pins when i replaced my hood just alittle tap did the trick x'cellent work can't wait to see the finished results

Your doing a great job on this homecloned, kinda deja vue for me. I'm doing the same on a '73 for son who is in the Navy, however I can't say I'm doing as good or thorough a job as you are. Great job.

Damn, Noel, I haven't been on in a few days for more than an hour of so and you leave me behind. Nice job on the hood pins. I can understand your heart beating fast. My first time was with a customer's fiberglass hood in a collision shop. Talk about taking some careful measurements...:-D

That's some nice work there homecloned, that will be one fun car!!

same way i did my hood pins when i replaced my hood just alittle tap did the trick x'cellent work can't wait to see the finished results

Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before you took it all apart?

Your doing a great job on this homecloned, kinda deja vue for me. I'm doing the same on a '73 for son who is in the Navy, however I can't say I'm doing as good or thorough a job as you are. Great job.

Great work, excellent thread! Keep it coming.

Thanks everyone, I have been lazy due to some other business. Things will pick up in the next few weeks on the Swinger. Again, thanks for the interest. I am really excited to get it done.

Amazing work! One of my favorite threads on here.

-
Back