**Coil Over Conversion with Stock K**

-
I got a little bit done today.

I did a Heim conversion on the Tie Rod Ends. I followed Badart's lead on this one. I set the ride height on both sides today to make sure my snout bars clear the tires. I have at least 1.5" clearance from them with the tires turned all the way to the steering stops. I was trippin on it for awhile thinking that I screwed up but apparently not so far.

Next for me to get the correct ride height is to make a decision.

1) I relocate the upper shock "up and out from the factory" and keep the stock spindles or

2) Keep the shocks in the factory position and get some drop spindles?

I am at a crossroad once again....................

View attachment php1Kov88PM.jpg

View attachment phpP8YWj6PM.jpg

View attachment phpy76M3uPM.jpg

View attachment phpLXebNQPM.jpg

View attachment phppC8C2qPM.jpg

View attachment phpnPJGLVPM.jpg

View attachment phpgZevncPM.jpg

View attachment phpUfrCevPM.jpg

Looking good Louis. Do you have a pic from the side showing how far the tire is tucked? Dang you are going low.

Looking good Louis. Do you have a pic from the side showing how far the tire is tucked? Dang you are going low.

Here you go. If I remember correctly it will be about 23" to the center of the fender well off the ground in the front. The rear will bury about 1" or so of the wheel lip.

The front tread on the 195 tires just start to disappear in the wheel lip.

View attachment phpshbdZrPM-1-1.jpg

View attachment phpSJnx9GPM-1-1.jpg

View attachment phpagJmFKPM-1-1.jpg

How much clearance you gonna have under your oil pan? I know I have just about 4" and I have 26" to the fender lip.

You know that steering linkage looks really familiar. That will never work. LOL:D

Attachments

• Steering flip Challenger.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 862
  • Challenger TA.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 845
Purple Haze; How much clearance you gonna have under your oil pan? I know I have just about 4" and I have 26" to the fender lip.

badart; That's the problem right there.

Well I have been here before with my 70 Dart, 410 with a 4spd. It had Torsion bars on it but it sat pretty low and I had the same oil pan in it.

It sat right at 23 1/2" to the Fender well lip center of tire. I never hit anything with it and I drove the piss out of that car.

View attachment IMG_1544.jpg

Well I have been here before with my 70 Dart, 410 with a 4spd. It had Torsion bars on it but it sat pretty low and I had the same oil pan in it.

It sat right at 23 1/2" to the Fender well lip center of tire. I never hit anything with it and I drove the piss out of that car.

View attachment 325368

I don't doubt you at all, I'm just worried about those 100' wheel stands. I love that dart and it was kind of the inspiration on my new purchase btw. I think I will just make skid plates for my cheap headers.

I finally got the coil overs mounted and the lower brackets tacked on the LCA's. Damn that was a Job!! Double and Quadruple checking it at full droop and past ride height.

Right now I am just about ready to pull everything and get it powder coated.
I will do another once over and possibly wait for the drop spindles to get here before I do that.

View attachment phpF1FCJHPM.jpg

View attachment phpSTBNaSPM.jpg

View attachment php04WlFIPM.jpg

View attachment phpmfQR3gPM.jpg

View attachment phpbplmR3PM.jpg

I don't doubt you at all, I'm just worried about those 100' wheel stands. I love that dart and it was kind of the inspiration on my new purchase btw. I think I will just make skid plates for my cheap headers.

Yeah it will be low no doubt. I just need to pay attention to what is going on is all. Dead Animals may get stuck on the pan!! haaaa

I miss that car and I loved the stance it had. It hauled *** too!! :D

You know that steering linkage looks really familiar. That will never work. LOL:D

No kidding huh, those G Rocket guys don't know Jack about anything!! haaa

I will shorten up the bolt-stud lengths on mine so there are only about 3-4 threads showing. It will look alot cleaner.

View attachment 325368

I should have bought that car............. keep up the great work.

I forgot this picture. I will be cutting off the extra threads on the studs and bolts.

Today I started making the shock tower gussets. I think I have them figured out. They will attache to the forward strut bars and go down into the upper shock tower and then a flat piece of thin gauge plate will tie it all together.

View attachment phprpVTbnPM.jpg

Yeah it will be low no doubt. I just need to pay attention to what is going on is all. Dead Animals may get stuck on the pan!! haaaa

I miss that car and I loved the stance it had. It hauled *** too!! :D

Yep and don't forget to dodge those beer cans.

It is basically all done. I got side tracked on building the new 9" Ford rear end with the updated 4 Link etc. The cage is just about all welded off too. I am also in the middle of and EGR Cooler Delete and Oil Cooler replacement for my 6.0 Diesel Excursion. Shop wanted over $2600.00 to do the repairs. I got $600.00 in parts and about 4 hours in it so far. It is all tore down cleaned up and ready for re assembly. Just waiting on the oil cooler that should be here tomorrow.

Been real busy with other parts of life like moving my office, getting my daughter enrolled in College at Temple University and trying to make some $$ to pay for it all...... My College bill this year for 2 kids will be $5600.00 Per Month and that is with very good Scholarships for both of them. Not to mention the Competition Dancing for my youngest Daughter who has been in New York for the past 9 days with my wife.... we just got back from Vegas the week before and were at a Dance Competition there for 7 Days... Damn I am going broke!

Man, it sure sounds like it. Hope it all works out for you and we get to see that Dart finished in the near future.

Lookin' great, Louis. You can expect me to copy some of this on my Dart when I get around to upgrading the suspension. I'll definitely be using a lot of Badarts products when that time comes. Right now I'm just trying to get it on the road!

-
Back