Congratulations Winnipeg

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
took all of about 3 minutes to sell the last 5800 seats to the new team ,damn it in the time it took for the site to move me from picking 2 to the code page to telling me there was nothing left in my selection everything else was sold , Well I if I can't get a pair of season tickets can I at least suggest a name ? How about the "Golden Jets" works on so manylevels.:notworth::notworth::notworth:

took all of about 3 minutes to sell the last 5800 seats to the new team ,damn it in the time it took for the site to move me from picking 2 to the code page to telling me there was nothing left in my selection everything else was sold , Well I if I can't get a pair of season tickets can I at least suggest a name ? How about the "Golden Jets" works on so manylevels.:notworth::notworth::notworth:

I think it's a good thing for Canada and Winnipeg to get a team back. Let see if the fans will be loyal enough to keep them there. Golden Jets? There is only one Golden Jet.........

untitled.jpg

222.jpg

I just found this picture.................

imagesCAQDK75H.jpg

and my favorite all time Jet

Teemu Salanne

selanne.jpg

I was one of the unlucky ones, paid to add my name to the waiting list which I just found out there are 8,000 on the list. 8,000.
Who says Winnipeg is too small for NHL.
I wonder how the Coyotes feel/think now.

GO JETS GO!!!!!

Yes I am stoked! Got my two season tickets, and am waiting for the new name and logo to be released. Finally we have the NHL back in the Peg! I was part of the movement in 1996 , and it felt like having out hearts torn out! Winnipeg is a hockey and football town and now we have both!:thumblef::thumblef:

The Manitoba farm boy known as the Golden Jet would certainly be one of the levels the name works on yes?

I was one of the unlucky ones, paid to add my name to the waiting list which I just found out there are 8,000 on the list. 8,000.
Who says Winnipeg is too small for NHL.
I wonder how the Coyotes feel/think now.

GO JETS GO!!!!!

ARRRRG!!! Can you guess who else didn't get tickets??? Because some aZZwipe scalpers scooped them all. WTF!!!!

As an american who claims Hockey as his religion all I have to say to this is... THANK GOD. Get rid of all Hillbilly hockey. Florida teams? 2 in LA? Nashville? Carolina? Really???? There are a lot of hockey markets that could support a team that dont have one.

I would like Teemu So-Ugly go back and 'FINISH' up in WPG.

Bettman is an ***-clown

...and the rest sold in 17 minutes????...HooWee!!!

Why were they called the Jets anyway??...(history lesson please)

They were called the Jets because of their location called for a lot of flying time for all teams....and them from what i'm told.
Great to see them back.
And the great support.

ARRRRG!!! Can you guess who else didn't get tickets??? Because some aZZwipe scalpers scooped them all. WTF!!!!

Man that sucks Bill! I understand they have cancelled a couple of the transactions from buyers outside Canada...stupid scalpers. Hope you got on the waiting list early.

As an american who claims Hockey as his religion all I have to say to this is... THANK GOD. Get rid of all Hillbilly hockey. Florida teams? 2 in LA? Nashville? Carolina? Really???? There are a lot of hockey markets that could support a team that dont have one.

I would like Teemu So-Ugly go back and 'FINISH' up in WPG.

Bettman is an ***-clown

Could not have said it better myself!:thumblef:

5800 tickets were spoken for in 90 (count em) seconds. The transactions took an additional 15.5 minutes. I know this because my server crashed at 1 minute to 12 and by 12:02 there were no tickets left!!!

Found this posted somewhere.......

The origin is somewhat surprising - they're named after the New York Jets football team. Benny Hatskins, the Winnipeg franchise owner, was friends with the owner of the New York Jets and named his team in tribute. True story! The fact that their marquee player's nickname had "jet" in it was purely co-oincidental.

Your guess is as good as mine........

hopefully tomorrow we will find out what the new name is going to be! If it is not the Jets, some people in the city are going to go bonkers! I was a Jets fan all my life, and am still, but if they do not call the team the Jets so be it. I am just glad the NHL is back. Of course if they call them the Polar Bears or Mosquitos then I will go bonkers!

5800 tickets were spoken for in 90 (count em) seconds. The transactions took an additional 15.5 minutes. I know this because my server crashed at 1 minute to 12 and by 12:02 there were no tickets left!!!

well let me tell ya it didn't feel any better to be able to pick 2 seats in p3 on the first ticket master page only to be told they had been sold to someone else on the 3rd ticket master page .You are correct though it must have been about 90 seconds, I was guessing at how long it took me to figure out the stupid captcha code then wait for the next page but it was probably less than my 3 minute estimate I got in right at noon the first time TNSE's page said come back at 12:00 and then I reloaded and was in , oh well living in Victoria they probably would have canceled my PA any way by the sounds of what I'm reading about TNSE going after resellers, I just wanted to sell enough games to afford to fly in and see the teams I want to see, like my LEAFS and maybe the Hab's , it's not like I'll ever get the chance to buy a pair in TO or even in Canuckville their insane waiting lists

Any word on Sid the Kid lately ? Oh and even if they did name them the Golden Jets people would still call them the Jets eh !

I just heard last week that Sid was cleared for skating. Fingers crossed. Concussions really suck, my youngest is still recovering from one (4 weeks now) and it really sucks for him. My oldest is finishing his senior year at OSU and got 6 games in the AHL this past season. In this clip he scores the game winner and gets mugged by his team mates after. Pretty cool.

http://www.chicagowolves.com/multimedia/wolves-tv/viewvideo/420/game-highlights/march-26-vs-hamilton

cool video he looks good head up feet moving , looks like the guys enjoyed rubbing the rook eh! lol . It's hard to get my head wrapped around the whole concussion thing ,being almost 50 I played hockey and box lacrosse back when the pads were all soft and the helmets where pretty light weight plastic and foam we got are noggins cracked hard game in and game out and some guys went a little loopy from it and some were fine , depends who you ask about me most would probably say I was one of the loopy ones lol ,but it seems so random .

LOL...No comment!!!!....j/k!

It's OK we is what we is lol , did Shawn finish painting you dart yet ? ....J/K
talked to Brian at IMM yesterday and come middle of next month some of you local boys are in for a surprise ,No more Willle Wanker power for me got some real deal coming my way, want to drive to moparfest in august with me? we can start a cross Canada mopower tour :burnout:

Now if they would only put teams back in Quebec and Hartford we can start getting back to the way it was before it was the hurricanes and avalanche. Just doesn’t seem right without them. Hartford and Quebec are beautiful cities and should have teams. DO I HEAR A BID FOR THE COYOTES?

cool video he looks good head up feet moving , looks like the guys enjoyed rubbing the rook eh! lol . It's hard to get my head wrapped around the whole concussion thing ,being almost 50 I played hockey and box lacrosse back when the pads were all soft and the helmets where pretty light weight plastic and foam we got are noggins cracked hard game in and game out and some guys went a little loopy from it and some were fine , depends who you ask about me most would probably say I was one of the loopy ones lol ,but it seems so random .

thank you for the kind words on the video.... He was pretty happy about that! concussions really suck. I only had one and never missed an event.... different for eveyone I guess, Eh? LOL

-
Back