Electric guitar...

-
20211003_184743.jpg
20220127_195300.jpg
20200209_000734.jpg

It is a Jackson indeed.
It is a 1990 USA Jackson Soloist 24 fret neckthru body guitar.

They say that people think that they can stay warmer by having many coats for winter. I'm guilty of that and so is my wife. We both have at least 5 winter coats/jackets each......................I've noticed that we don't stay any warmer no matter how many coats we own???? Having many guitars will never fill the need for wanting to make music, you'll always want more guitars, even though you can only play one guitar at a time.

Different aspects.

I enjoy the technical side of guitars and really audio in general, sometimes more than the actual music they produce.

I'm a bit of a "history of technology" buff on many different subjects.

Well of coarse you always want more guitars.
However they are not all the same.
The first thing I do is change pickups in my guitars.
Each one is different and for a specific purpose.
Like speakers and amps or effects.
It becomes a quest for tone.

They say that people think that they can stay warmer by having many coats for winter. I'm guilty of that and so is my wife. We both have at least 5 winter coats/jackets each......................I've noticed that we don't stay any warmer no matter how many coats we own???? Having many guitars will never fill the need for wanting to make music, you'll always want more guitars, even though you can only play one guitar at a time.

I still contend that a well playing guitar will make you want to play it. And as for the technical side of things, the more you know about guitars, the better prepared you will be when it comes to buying the right one. Just join the UMGF, unofficial Martin guitar forum, and you will learn a crapload of things you may have never thought of. Things like the tone of different woods, how to “open up” a new guitar and help make it sound “lived in”. When it happens to a guitar you own and like to play, it makes you want to play it even more.

Of coarse wood matters as well as string gage.
Then of coarse on electrics you have pickups , passive and active, single coil , humbucker , mini humbucker, stacked humbucker, lipstick pickups and a few others.
Pickup height matters as well as pots.
It truly becomes scientific.

Last edited:
Personally I understand the technical stuff exists, but I'm still in the introductory stage of learning how to play...
By the end of the year I'm hoping to start being a beginner....:rolleyes:..

I don't own one (and barely play) but I sure do like the beautiful woodgrain.
300433936_10226837164770264_1169378831359697549_n.jpg
img_1_1661180041382.jpg
Les paul burst and flames2.jpg

Nothing like going up to Seattle for a motley Crue concert to get the electric guitar juices flowing...
IMG_20220831_202518073_HDR.jpg

Saw them in '87 with Whitesnake and Anthrax.

Whitesnake was real big then and that's who I went to see.

Anthrax was a bonus. IIRC my second time seeing them.

I was kind of over Motley Crue by then.

Saw them in '87 with Whitesnake and Anthrax.

Whitesnake was real big then and that's who I went to see.

Anthrax was a bonus. IIRC my second time seeing them.

I was kind of over Motley Crue by then.
The show was first joen jet, poison, motley Crue, and Def Leppard... The Crue has eluded me over the years and was on my bucket list... Motley Crue completely stole the show with big smoke bombs explosions dancing girls and Tommy Lee's crazy antics... By the time Def Leppard came on it was pretty much over. My wife and I had seen them on a couple of occasions and I've seen them in their heyday when they were really good but now they're just putting us to sleep and we ended up leaving before their show was over.. I'd love to get a little jump start on the 3 hour drive back to Portland...
But I got to say it was motley Crue that put on the real Rock concert..,
Is not many 80s bands that I haven't seen even in October we'll see the scorpions and I've seen them back in the 80s but hey we're having fun and again it's all good inspiration....

Seen Scorpions twice.

Last time I don't remember anything.
2015-ish
Must not have been great.

Is Vince Neil still fat?

One thing about them- they DO bring out the scantily clad girls/women.

This guy's got some good stuff as well.
Usually he does a good job of showing his fingers so you can see exactly what is going on.
Unfortunately he didn't on the one I was most interested in.
Interestingly on the last piece (Steve Vai) the left hand doesn't move more than 2 frets in position.

There's another youtube guy I like (and one on the bass).

I'll see if I can find one of his to post next.

Bought a electric guitar...
Gets here Wednesday...
I need something to keep my brain busy..
Overnight sensation... NO...
Next Eddy Han Halen... NO...
From what I can research on the internet if I was to play it a half hour a day it would probably take 3 months just to be able to be at beginner level and then intermediate level would probably be somewhere in the one year to two years..
And to be pretty good with it probably looking at 4 years. And expert probably a lot longer than that...
And all of that is probably playing at least a half hour every single day...
Generally I'm a fast learner and I don't tend to have a lot of give up in me so I'm seeing where these two immovable forces will take me..
Anyways I'd like to give it a try which is more than I've done in the past...
I'm wondering if anybody else has went down this road and how far they got?...
I just got an Ibanez acoustic bass, I'll start lessons as soon as I find a 15 inch speaker amp. Good for you !

The wife and I are heading to Spokane on the 29th to see Joe Satriani.
It will be the 3rd show of his we've been to.
The guy is that good.

-
Back