Engine swap 318 to 360

-
Sounds like you got a bit to learn. We all started there at some point. If you're looking to dump a good running engine and stab in the other one "just because the guy across town" did, you will be disappointed, spend a ton of $ for nothing.
You're gonna have to put some money in that 360 to get the results you're hoping for besides the different oil pan, weighted flex plate, driver side mount, etc.
If you just plop that 360 in there "as is" hoping for a miracle, unless you're wanting to replace the 318 because it's got something serious mechanical wrong with it you will be disappointed.
I've had both, and wouldn't turn down an otherwise good car because it had either one in it, but having a 360 just to brag that I have a 360, I have to say that the 360s have never done anything for me that a good running 318 wouldn't or couldn't except to SUCK MORE GAS.

I've got my own intentions with the motor but yes I have a seized 318 motor so I want to replace. When I have enough money I'll build them both.

Ok so the 318 does have issues. That's a lil different. I've done 318>360 swaps and 360>318 swaps as well, often it goes by what's available now" to get a car running again... I didn't see before if you had said the existing engine had issues or not. Save the 727, you may end up needing it.....

B&M 10239 flex plate will mate your 360 to your 904. If you're going to put the 360 in as a stock motor, you don't need to worry about buying a new converter right now. You should probably install a new front seal in the transmission while the motor is out though. Just pull the converter out, replace the seal and put the converter back in. No biggy and a seal is cheap.

Could you happen to send me a link so I can order the correct one? Oil pan and pickup tube that is
Oil pan link. Poke around in the Summit website to find the pickup tube. They are pretty much the same for all small block car pans.

You may notice that it says it's for a Duster, but it will fit your Dart perfectly.

Last edited:
-
Back