Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
OK after numerous phone calls,e-mails to and from JEGS.I have cancelled my order for the Supershield.I was charged on my CC over 2mnths ago for this,numerous lies about the item being shipped:protest::angry7:I had plans to have the car all ready by Easter weekend(next weekend).I wanted to be ready ahead of time this year for my first race May 4/13.Well........

A fellow racer/FABO member(Rob Eppler)e-mailed me this week,telling me to get ahold of A&A Transmission,Camby,Il and talk to Robert.So...I call them and low and behold they have a 904 Supershield in stock :cheers:

Thanks Rob,looks like I,ll be buttoning up the car next weekend.No more stress.Yeah!!!!

Note to self:Jegs is off my ordering list.:banghead:

Sorry to hear about Jegs but glad that you found one Scott. Never ordered from them and now I probabally won't. Ive had some luck with Summit. Rudy Helds in New Hamburg is a great old school Speed Shop. I bought my TTI system from them in the summer. Great fair price and great service. They still care about the sport/hobby.

Glad you got one coming Scott after all the crap JEGS gave you. They've been off my ordering list for 3-4 yrs. They jacked me around on shipping some parts I ordered and when I called to find out where my order was 2 people (salesman and supervisor) got smart with me. Maybe me telling them they were the ones that screwed up and if they wanted my business they needed to ship the parts freight free ticked them off. I have had nothing but great luck with Summit. I've only had a few minor issues and every time they immediately took care of it and apologized for the inconvenience.

I've ordered from A&A before too and had good results.

Tracy,this was the worst experience I,ve ever had ordering parts from any supplier...period.I guess we all have that one bad experience in life working on our cars.I,m glad I,m finally getting the sheild and can move forward.Looking forward to turning wrenches in the garage next weekend.:D

Great news that you found one Scott. It seems like many of the bigger companies don't care about customer service anymore. Have fun wrenching and good luck this season. Mike

My shield arrived yesterday,but was at work.When they return today I left a cheque stuck to the notice,in a envelope.I,m happy to say I,ll be busy this Easter weekend.; )

Thanks Mike,I can,t wait for the good weather too come.It,s been a long winter this year.:coffee2:
Amen to that :cheers: I am past ready, and by looking at my forecast :banghead: rain, rain and more cold weather :sad8:

My shield arrived yesterday,but was at work.When they return today I left a cheque stuck to the notice,in a envelope.I,m happy to say I,ll be busy this Easter weekend.; )
Happy Happy Happy :cheers:, I hope this kind of experience is behind you and never to happen again :glasses7: Big smile on my face seeing this update :D

Thank you :glasses7: We will and you and your little sweet hart have a great one also :angel9:

I got home from work lastnight and low and behold the Supersheild is here.WooHoo :cheers:I also bought the CSR 904 locking dipstick,this way it,s a clean fit.I had to do some trimming on the trans and sheild to make fit correctly.Easy stuff.After work today I have 4 days off work(Easter long weekend)So I,m hoping to get this all buttoned up,transbrake wired into the MSD 7AL-2 Plus/Rev Limiter button(launch).I,ll beable to test other wiring for fan.electric/ water pump motor once starter and wiring is in.Happy days after originally ordering this sheild from Summit Dec.27/12:wack:Happy Easter All!
View attachment 2012 66 DART 053.jpg

View attachment 2012 66 DART 054.jpg

View attachment 2012 66 DART 055.jpg

View attachment 2012 66 DART 056.jpg

View attachment 2012 66 DART 057.jpg

There is a site for sore eye right there, so happy to see this has finely behind you.
Have an outstanding 4 day Strongend and enjoy your Easter Sunday my Canadian friend.
It looks like you are on the right track to a great beginning of one :D

OK I got a bunch of stuff done on the car this past Easter weekend.Transmission/Super shield is in,fan and waterpump motor is wired with relays.On saturday I fought with the Cheetah shifter I bought from here(used):banghead:It didn,t matter what I did for adjustments,it just wasn,t working(think it,s for a Chebby powerglide?)I pulled the shifter back out and ordered a new one,which showed up today.:DOnce installed I,ll wire up the trans-brake into the 7AL 2step Plus,also need to hook a wire for trans temp.Make a alumi cover for the hole I cut in my hump for trans access,then just have to top up trans fluid,get some fuel and I,m good to go.:cheers:

Way to "git er dun" Scott
Thanks Cannucky! Lastnight I was trying to get my 2step/transbrake button hooked up and could,nt seem to get power throught the button.:banghead:So today my race buddy MikesBlueDuster showed up to give me a hand and we found that my Hurst button on the steering wheel has a bad connection in the sealed part or the back of button.Wheeew,I,m glad it,s just the button as I was getting nervous that I fried something in my attempts.I had an old lineloc switch we tested with and alls good.Thanks for help Mike.
I also got my new Cheetah RMVB shifter installed(works so far).I topped up rad and added fuel to the fuel cell and fired her up.Was good to hear and fill the garage with race smell :tard:Tomorrow I will check and top up trans fluid as it was getting too late.I,ll shift through the gears and test the T.brake.Spring is in the air!!!8)

I ordered a new button for trans brake today.Just have to get a piece of alumi to cover the hole in my trans hump,then its time to race. : )

It's great to see you got the bugs worked out....Don't 'ya just love racing 8)

Can't wait to hear how it runs this year. The tranny brake should be a kick in the pants :burnout:

-
Back