Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Your car just grows on me! Good job Scott!
Glad to hear it has that effect on you Josh.LOL.I always wanted a 64-65 Belvedere or Polara,but price and availability it just wasn,t in the cards.The next cheapest step down was this 66 Dart post car and I,ve just rolled with the vision I had.It seems to be working out for me.:blob:I hope you can get yours together by mid summer and get out and enjoy all the work you,ve done on your own.You get a really good feeling of accomplishment once your done.(enough to enjoy).:toothy7:

Glad to hear it has that effect on you Josh.LOL.I always wanted a 64-65 Belvedere or Polara,but price and availability it just wasn,t in the cards.The next cheapest step down was this 66 Dart post car and I,ve just rolled with the vision I had.It seems to be working out for me.:blob:I hope you can get yours together by mid summer and get out and enjoy all the work you,ve done on your own.You get a really good feeling of accomplishment once your done.(enough to enjoy).:toothy7:

I can already feel it! We need more videos of this and burn out vids.

Pic of the 66 Dart making it,s debut at Summit Raceway in Norwalk Ohio.This was at the Halloween Classic which I went to for 5 days.I went 3 rounds before losing out in the big race on the last day.I had a blast and what a great track!:cheers:
View attachment Norwalk.jpg

Car is parked for the winter,waiting for a few minor upgrades...just to do something over the winter LOL

(talking in my best "Dad" voice) "I'm proud of you son!"

Great wheels up pic & wish we could have gone........Dang 8-)

I spent most of last night reading this entire thread from start to finish. Wow, what a journey! Its funny, as I started reading this it seemed as though you were trying to stay on a tight budget. As the build went on and you got to actually running the car it seemed as though you threw out all budget plans! The bug must have really bitten you! It was great reading and you have built a fantastic dart. Keep posting as I plan on using your build as a guild for mine!
Rod

I must admit, I got him goin' on his 66. He saw a couple photos I posted from the Nats and that got his motor runnin'. He found a car and the rest is history. He has done big things since he found that little pale blue Dart. tmm

Attachments

• Mopar Nationals 08 100.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 317
  • Mopar Nationals 08 097.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 299
Coffee and a good breakfast will go a long way Scott :D by all means enjoy this great day check your tire pressure before and after a pass WAIT!! You know what you are doing :D Wish I was there to make a dry pass for yea :glasses7:
You know, just drive it down the track to lube everything up and send fluids around inside the rear end and trans then drive it back to your pit area ;)
Then I would check all the lug nuts, do a run down on any fluid lines (visual) and fluid levels while you get caught up with friends :D start thre BBQ grill and stay out of your way :cheers: WOW have a dandy day :burnout:

Wow people must still think it's winter LOL.There was only 3 race cars out today and 10 new Audi and Lexus making passes :wack:. Track was prepped good,but had a 35mph head wind.The Dart was running good and I got 9 passes in running 10.72@121mph 60ft 1.44 I can,t wait for a non windy day to see if any of my changes worked?Cars running tickety-boo :D

-
Back