Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
It's great to see you got the bugs worked out....Don't 'ya just love racing 8)

Can't wait to hear how it runs this year. The tranny brake should be a kick in the pants :burnout:
Yes I do love racing and have planned ahead for the transbrake.With adding the Dana60,chromemoly d.s with 1350 u-joints and Caltracs lastyear.I just hope the transbrake is a kick in the pants and not the wallet.LOL:burnout:

It's great to see you got the bugs worked out....Don't 'ya just love racing 8)

Can't wait to hear how it runs this year. The tranny brake should be a kick in the pants :burnout:

Yea think sistha :D, he has a great one don't he :cheers:
Season is on here Scott :burnout:, Fun time with friends and folks soon for you to soon :burnout: you will be ready 8)

New button for the T.brake arrived yesterday and will install tomorrow.Maybe a short vid just to let neighbors no the season is upon us.LOL

How well did the trans shield fit?

Thanks,
Mike

[behold the Supersheild is here.WooHoo :cheers:I also bought the CSR 904 locking dipstick,this way it,s a clean fit.I had to do some trimming on the trans and sheild to make fit correctly.Easy stuff.After work today I have 4 days off work(Easter long weekend)So I,m hoping to get this all buttoned up,transbrake wired into the MSD 7AL-2 Plus/Rev Limiter button(launch).I,ll beable to test other wiring for fan.electric/ water pump motor once starter and wiring is in.Happy days after originally ordering this sheild from Summit Dec.27/12:wack:Happy Easter All!
View attachment 1714605735

View attachment 1714605736

View attachment 1714605737

View attachment 1714605738

View attachment 1714605739[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to explain,other that I cut a piece out of the hump about 12x12 inches to make it easier to access bellhousing bolts.It was tight,but it,s in with some modifying.:D

OK Josh,here,s a video of the 66 Dart running.LOL.I just have to block of the hole where the filler tube gasket goes.I,ll just cover it with a piece of metal with a grommet in it for fuel cell vent.She,s ready for some track time next weekend.:burnout:Hope the vid works..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZcTVyTeFA&feature=youtu.be"]2013 66 DART 410 c.i - YouTube[/ame]

Waiting is over :blob::cheers::cheers: I hope to be at our little old track tomorrow myself for a few passes :burnout: before I change out to my recurved distributor and see how much Johnny Dart's new one feels ... Happy happy happy days to come :cheers: Have a great day :burnout:

Waiting is over :blob::cheers::cheers: I hope to be at our little old track tomorrow myself for a few passes :burnout: before I change out to my recurved distributor and see how much Johnny Dart's new one feels ... Happy happy happy days to come :cheers: Have a great day :burnout:
You should change out the dizzy before going MeMike.It only take ya 5 mins to do the swap.Good luck either way.:burnout:

The Dart is loaded and ready for some saturday T&T.:glasses7:Hope its a sunny day with no *ain.LOL

Can,t say the"R"word ^^^:thumleft:

Today I,m going out again for some T&T with a sunny forecast of 68* :D.Hoping for better 60fts today with a prepped track.Hoping to get some video,we,ll see.:coffee2:

Scott on your fuel line this was the best photo i could find of it which is on page 43. Your only using 1 side of your regulator think i can do that with dual carbs our would i need both? Also do you have anything holding it up out of the way so it dont droop down?

Scott on your fuel line this was the best photo i could find of it which is on page 43. Your only using 1 side of your regulator think i can do that with dual carbs our would i need both? Also do you have anything holding it up out of the way so it dont droop down?
I use the rubber grommet/clamps front to back as stated in our PM.

I,m loaded up to go do some T&T tonight and race my first Nostalgia event this season.I,ve only been able to get 6 passes in with the transbrake.Both times I,ve been last month,it was either cold or hold ups from failures(rearend explosion or cars hitting the wall):violent1:Here,s a couple pics of a nice 67 or 68 Camaro SS that blew a top rad hose at the topend causing him to hit the wall twice(360*)After checking the car out I see he is running a metal chrome rad hose?:banghead:Sad to see such a nice car wrecked for such a simple mistake.Save the chrome for the Show cars.Wish me luck!
View attachment Trashed Camaro.jpg

View attachment Trashed Camaro 2.JPG

I got a bunch of runs in this weekend,getting used to the transbrake.I,m waiting on jet extensions and modified bowl from AED.The car ran consistant right up til race time(10.83-10.84,s)So I dialed for a 10.82 and ran a 10.78..I,m out.:banghead:.So sunday I tried a MSD adjustable chip I had bought lastyear.This allows you to adjust from 2000-3000rpm in 100rpm increments.So I tried leaving at 2500 instead of 3000rpm as the car seemed to be hopping and starving for fuel at launch.I,ll keep it at 2500 til the extensions arrive.Pic of launching..
View attachment Attachment-1.jpg

I,ve been racing alot with my Nostalgia club,with only footbraking.(best 60fts so far).This weekend I,m going to St.Thomas Raceway for Mopar Day and will T&T friday night.I,m gonna try upping the RPM chip for the trans-brake from 3000 up to 3600-3800 and see how she likes it.Only time will tell.Wish me luck.:D

I got a bunch of runs in this weekend,getting used to the transbrake.I,m waiting on jet extensions and modified bowl from AED.The car ran consistant right up til race time(10.83-10.84,s)So I dialed for a 10.82 and ran a 10.78..I,m out.:banghead:.So sunday I tried a MSD adjustable chip I had bought lastyear.This allows you to adjust from 2000-3000rpm in 100rpm increments.So I tried leaving at 2500 instead of 3000rpm as the car seemed to be hopping and starving for fuel at launch.I,ll keep it at 2500 til the extensions arrive.Pic of launching..
View attachment 1714616651

Hi pettybludart,

That launch is absolutely beautiful. Your idea of upping launch rpm is worth a go. Although it's been a long time since I raced my '65 Barracuda, last I ran was launching at 4000 rpm. I was running a 4-speed though with McLeod Soft-Lok clutch assy. My very last run had a 60 ft. best of 1.46 at 10.81 and 126 mph, similar to what you are doing.

Again, your car/launch is beautiful. You should be proud. Good luck in your racing year!

-
Back