Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Today is my daughters birthday and ofcourse I get the call to pick up my 66 Dart from Alabama.What a mess,I guess it came through the snow storm.Now it,s time to get to work.I,ll be posting as I go along.Here,s some pics. after I got it off the trailer with a little bit of snow.

trim 013.jpg

trim 018.jpg

trim 022.jpg

trim 021.jpg

trim 023.jpg

Nice Dart. Keep us posted with the progress. My 66 turned 43 yesterday.
I had a cake made and had a little fun with it. Mike

Looks good!! Glad it found a good home and Im looking forward to seeing what you do with it now!!

For now 8 3/4 with bbp axels,all new brakes(shoes,w.cyl.,drums)front brake conv. new LBJ,pads,rotors and calipers.After that work I might just work on gettin the 6 banger with the clifford stuff tuned up to par.The car has some funky gas peddle setup(it,,s chrome one)maybe lokar also like the rest.Also need to work on electrical,I think it,s the starter relay??They had to hot wire it to get it on the trailer.??Investigating while I,m laid-off til Jan.19 gives me lots of time.

Oh, I just have to post these! Mike I can't help myself!!! LOL

That car is what started all this early a-body search for me.I knew at work we would be off quite a bit,so to keep me busy..wahla el 66!!I,m just glad it,s not a rot bucket.Also I,ll be celibrating the 66,s b-day on my daughters.Easy to remember.Now I just have to order some axels.

You finally got it. Right on. It looks good. Congrats! Can't wait to see your build up. Looks like it is going to be fun.

Nice dart, what a score that one was. There seems to be alot of sweet mopars down in the south. keep us posted.

Beautiful lil 66. Congrats on finally getting it home. 8)

:eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion: Tell your daughter & the Dart Happy Birthday from the FABO gang.

Thanks everybody,It was a long wait and a new expeirience shipping from Alabama To Toronto,Ontario$$$I wish I could have just gone down and got it myself,but that,s another story.I,ll keep ya,s posted on my progress.

Nice!! Glad you got the 66 home and looking good too,and I will keep an eye out for anything you will be looking for.

Happy birthday to all three of you.:cheers:

Nice Dart Scott. My uncle had one in the early seventies. Red, with Cragars, side pipes, air shocks jacked to the sky..it was really cool at that time. You got the welder? I am having fun with mine. It's a great little outfit. I just got called out plowing.....again!! Have a great night.

Well I ordered my axels from Trevor on this site,he sent them out Wed. and they came today!2 days for delivery?I,m impressed.Just went out and slid them in no problem.Now I can get my new brake hardware on,and set her back down on her own feet(car has been up on stands since X-mas)make a driveshaft and take her for a spin around the block.I,ll keep posted.Maybe next is the mini-tub?Can anybody tell me the biggest 15 inch tire I can squeeze under there without the mini-tub?15x7 bbp rallys.

minitub? damn scott i cant wait to see this car when its done now...tubs, aftermarket axles, i like where its goin =)....let me know when you decide about that back seat man (yes im still here) and ill come by...id love to check out the dart....keep us posted man sounds like fun project

Keep the photos coming. I like what you're doing. toolman

Toolman,taking the rear and other parts off this car were a breeze.I guess cause no salt,the threads on the ends of the bolts are still brand new.I only seee that working at Ford.it,s also nice to hit something with a hammer and not get crap falling on you.The car is coming along very well,do to the fact it,s all I do being off work.I,ve got 1 week left,then I go back for 2 then off again for 3 weeks.Next I have to find a w.shield.Til later:cheers:

Today is my daughters birthday and ofcourse I get the call to pick up my 66 Dart from Alabama.What a mess,I guess it came through the snow storm.Now it,s time to get to work.I,ll be posting as I go along.Here,s some pics. after I got it off the trailer with a little bit of snow.

Nice, score.

Hey Pettyblue, I found a nice 64 Dart that has "the look". The owner is a Fabo member though I can't remember his name. May be he will respond. toolmanmike

Here's another 64' And MoparLee, your Valliant belongs here too. It's a great lookin' ride.. toolman

Cool pics. Thanks.Toolman do you know the biggest 15 inch tire that will fit without the mini-tub??Your give me w??d here with these pics.LOL!!Yes I,ve seen both these cars in other threads.I,m really getting hooked on the nostalgia look.!

-
Back