• I love 'em!

Votes: 102 80.3%
  • I hate 'em!

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I Roll my own, lol.

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters
-
I'm a little conflicted on how to vote. Normally, I dig fireworks. They (particularly the bigger stuff) really bug me this year for some reason that I haven't sorted out yet. My pulse goes nuts, reflexes swing to "overkill" and I wig out slightly. Thank goodness for my vast archives of hostile music that serve admirably as cover noise. 8)

I like the big shows. I don't buy any of my own from the big tents that pop up around this time of the year. I guess I'm getting old as well.

I like the big shows too. There's a big one here in Waterloo tonight. They shoot them off over the river for both sides of town to enjoy. One of the local radio stations broadcasts music that the fireworks are set off to. The biggest crowd pleaser is the coffee creamer bombs set off to a stick of dynamite for the boom.
You can feel the heat 2 blocks away. There is also food vendors and rock bands playing all night. The celebration is attended by 30,000 people. The fireworks usually last 30-45 min. Wish you were here. toolman

What is the biggest firecracker/mortar you can legally buy on the market?

If so, I want some to perform counter terrorism measures with my firework fiend neighbors this independence day.
Did I mention they are hispanic, and really patriotic too, they are here legally and their Parents went back to mexico when their visa's expired.
Independence day is really big for them and they always bring me fireworks for the kids, but this year i want to set of some thumpers to make them go wow! LOL.

What is the biggest firecracker/mortar you can legally buy on the market?

If so, I want some to perform counter terrorism measures with my firework fiend neighbors this independence day.
Did I mention they are hispanic, and really patriotic too, they are here legally and their Parents went back to mexico when their visa's expired.
Independence day is really big for them and they always bring me fireworks for the kids, but this year i want to set of some thumpers to make them go wow! LOL.

maybe M80s.... but I think there are ones bigger, I just don't know what they are.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4ufSj2Nq8"]YouTube- M-80 Explosion[/ame]

Drinking while playing with M80s?Thats very smart,lol.Im just wondering why he took the beer bottle over there with him.lol
Last time we lit one of those off,we had the cops show up 10 mins later

Fourth of July was my Dad's favorite holiday, so we're keeping the tradition going. Whole house full of family and friends. Cooking on the grill, swimming in the pool, drinking beer and shooting off fireworks. My eighteen year old is in charge, I just finance the whole thing!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

I used to enjoy shooting them off but since NY laws are so tight,I dont like the legal risk anymore.Its too bad because ive always been very safe with them.Nothing too crazy just some 8oz rockets and maybe a few ashcans.Do they still make those?

So you want the BIG stuff Spaz. Here ya go. Be carefull. Get you a garbage bag, start with small, run it partially full of acetylene. Tie it off. Get you a fuze and make sure it's long enough so you have time to vacate the area. You'll know if you made it too big. You'll be replacing every window in the neighborhood........after you get outa jail. I'll check back tomorrow to see if your still with us.
Small Block

I dig 'em and always have.
Denver has banned ALL fireworks to include snakes and sparklers. They SUCK!!!!!!! :bootysha:

My dogs pretty much freak out but a treat at every mortar soft boom has changed their attitude. :)

We do full blown artilary shells in wy they are legal, I am talking the 3-5 pop size nealry as big as the ball parks use..

Yep things and fredoms are going by by...:(

Love 'going to see' the firework displays. It's a tradition that spans generations; they haven't changed all that much so what a little kid sees is the same as what Grandma saw when she was little.

Not so crazy about 'home' fireworks because every year people are injured.

Went to the amateur fireworks on Plymouth beach, for the traditional 3rd of July party. Bonfires all along the beach and huge (illegal) fireworks displays. The cops just keep the drunks from hassling people. We had a firework come right at us. Such a good time!

They pretty much outlawed all but the safe stuff around here too, and you can only set them off, legally on the 4th. The dogs dont really like it either.

Funny story. I emmision tested the Explorer the other day, it physically passed, but they failed me because my Check Engine bulb was burned out, thats enougher story.

I was taking the dash apart to get the cluster out, and the trans indicator has a little wire connected to a hook to move the indicator.

I was trying to pry it over the hook, kinda tight, and right when i got it over the hook a big mortar went off, scared the heck out of me, thought it was the end right there.

I love them and have been known to make my own.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JOtNXE_Pk"]YouTube- Sobe[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWJsMOmBN84"]YouTube- 100 3372[/ame]

I like the professional shows. I can have a good time then.
What I hate, is the idiot that lives in the middle of the subdivision, that has a hard time understanding that what goes up, must come down.
Last night they shot up a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff and $25 of it was lying in my yard this morning. There's already a big crowd over there, so I'm sure it'll be the same tomorrow.

When we first bought our house back in the mid-70s, we used to close off the street and have a neighborhood block party complete with volleyball, multiple bbq grills, and all kinds of fireworks. Our cul-de-sac looked like a warzone the following morning and all the guys would grab a broom to help sweep up.
Now, fireworks are illegal in almost all of the OC except for the big commercial shows. Our town cancelled their show this year due to lack of budget for it. The next town over always has a good free show at one of the parks so we're going over there. Of course, Disneyland has an aerial fireworks show everynight of the week.

A few hours ago someone was letting off some serious ordinance. There are no professional shows that close to here and these mortars were like a stick of dynamite. That's a little much in residential neighborhood. If something went wrong, that sucker could've killed someone.

I went to get some milk and there was a Denver Police SUV at the park. People were having picnics letting stuff off but there were so many of them he just sat there. With my luck I'd light off a sparkler and go to jail.

Love the pro shows. Wanna kill the neighbor's kid right now as it's freakin' 2:18 am and he and his friends still wanna play with the damned things.

But not after I've had a good talking to 'em.

By the way, the kid and his friends are in their early 20s. These kids need to freakin' grow up and find out what J-O-B means.

I can remember being a kid and my uncle calling me up asking "so, are you all set and ready for the 4th next week?" I said "yeah to watch. mom and dad won't let me have any fireworks." A few days later this huge box came addressed to me from my uncle in Michigan. needless to say my parents where not happy. Our streets fireworks show sure was a whole lot better that year though!!!

-
Back