First Mopar Build 360/422 CID

-

schluney

Reaction score
Since I learned nearly everything from this site and bought many of the parts from FABO members I thought I would post pics of my first mopar build.

.030 over 360
4.125 crank
6.2 Rods
-17 cc pistons
RHS / Indy Heads
Six Pack

Thanks to IMM for a great pair of cylinder heads, Rod Bloomer for a fantastic rotating assembly, FABO classifieds for some great parts and Moper for some solid advice ! Hope to get it on a dyno at some point in the near future but since its going in a fun cruise night car I will be happy with what ever it makes....

:cheers:

Attachments

• 422_1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 898
  • 422_2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 889
glad to see I am not the only one that writes on the rocker arms...LOL

good luck

You built that bad *** motor just for "cruise night", no quarter mile trips or speed contests in store?

Most people are saying the six pack will cost 50 HP, which is probably right. I am hoping the spacer and mild porting help a little. We went with a lunati solid 60441 camshaft and tti step headers.

We'll have to see about the drag strip.....it's a 4 speed car so with me driving it'll need a rev limiter for sure !

Looks real good!! Gotta let us know how you like it after the first test drive.

Thanks Brian, I appreciated your guidance and patience with me on this project ! I am just now realizing how little I knew when I got into this.....but it was fun learning.

Yes that's a really cool one piece CNC spacer from a guy in Wisconsin. The alternator is a 85 amp Denso mini.

I will get post the details on the vendors when I get home today.

Glad to see you got it all together. I'm with Brian, I want to hear what you think after you stab the skinny pedal for the first time.:burnout:

Rod

Alternator is Super Mini Denso part number A106 from GZ motorsports and bracket is from Hughes engines, which I think is the same as the AR engineering bracket.

Rockers, Pan, valve covers , water pump, fuel pump all from classified section of this site....

Will that spacer interfere with your 6P hood? Really nice looking motor you have there.

I am considering switching to EFI or single 4 bbl, PM me if there is any interest in six pack. Carbs rebuilt and modified by Promax.

That engine looks great. I had a sixpack AAR engine in my 70 dart.Don't worry about HP.the sixpack will do the job if tuned right.My car ran better with the sixpack and street tires on and off the track.Slicks are a differant subject.Good luck with it and come back and tell how the engine sounds when the two outer carbs open. Mark

Thanks DC1 will do and I think it will be fine for what I am doing with the car. I am having minor hood clearance issues with the spacer and a rally hood. I modified the hood scoops so they are somewhat functional but top of air cleaner hits center of hood by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch.....not sure if I can get another base plate or top to gain the space I need or if I will have to mill the spacer. Any thoughts would be appreciated !

If it runs anything like my 4speed 440 six pack road runner your going to fall in love with it. Sweet looking engine by the way.

-
Back