Front end pieces 75 to 69 what will work..

-

Madcoy440

Reaction score
I have a 75 car with (ALL) brand new front end pieces I am want to harvest to a 69 /6 K. What will fit? I would like to use the Tbars from 75 also. And the brand new manual box and adapter I just bought. I would just move the K but its for a V8 and I need /6 :(

Thanks for the AWESOME forum.

sell the K to finance your parts-- upper ball joints are bigger-- those control arms are in demand, if it is disc brakes --swap the control arms & spindles to your car & you have discs.

the parts swap as a whole but the bushings are not the same on a lot of the parts-- be more specific on the parts & assistance will follow. Lawrence

First thing I would do is look for adapter mounts that place the \6 on the later V8 K.

You're in luck.
If you transfer ALL of the parts from your '75 to the '69, it will all bolt up and work properly. Using the '69 slant 6 k member will be fine. The only real difference between the two is the way the engine mounts are configured, '73 and up are spool mounts and '72 and older are biscuit type.
Do not mix and match the suspension parts between the years or you will be sorry unless you know exactly what you are doing. Torsion bars will interchange between the years too.
Great time to do a V8 swap......
Just kidding!

Dartnut: You have no idea how I want to.. I have two abodies apart at the moment. The 75 has a 408 on the stand and a 727 all rebuilt and ready to drop in, my son who is actual owner of this car is now going with HemiDenny front end replacement. I have a 69 fish that my middle son is going to finish in the next couple of weeks with a /6 the front end of that car is totally original with 68k miles on it. This is where I went to thinking lets move the whole front end to the fish? Then I remember cutting that K for the V8 swap... But I have replaced every piece on that front end.

Can I use upper and lower control arms, tbars and all steering linkage? Basically every think but the K?

Different designs in pitman arms, idler arms, center link, and sway bar through monkey wrenches in the works. There is also a slight difference in the length of lower arm pivot pins.

I hope I am not the only one that builds a car 4 times before, I finish.. I will be selling the small block and 727 soon. I also have a complete FMJ brake setup if anyone might want those. Thanks for the replys gentlemen.

-
Back