Good aftermarket K frame

-

alexis

Don't mess with me
Reaction score
I need a good aftermarket K frame for my 1970 Valiant.The factory K member in mine is not in good shape.It has been hacked,cut and welded on so many times.Plus the engine mounts were modified for a 350 Chevy someone else did.The 350 Chevy is long gone,sold it.A 5.7 hemi out of a 2004 Dodge pickup is going in it's place.I have been talked into looking into one with rack and pinion steering also,it will drive a whole lot better.I will be driving it on the street mainly as a hot rod/sleeper.

Hemi Denny is a member here; he makes K-frames and suspension parts. Below is a link to a bunch of members that have used his parts.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=224738&highlight=HDK

You can also search this site for related links to HDK.

Some other members here have used alterkation and have had good results.

Good luck with your build.

+1 for HDK, search the threads, plenty of information, honestly, the stock K member is hot enough if you hit the right things. It's good enough for autoxcuda Mr. Autocross himself.

I need a good aftermarket K frame for my 1970 Valiant.The factory K member in mine is not in good shape.It has been hacked,cut and welded on so many times.Plus the engine mounts were modified for a 350 Chevy someone else did.The 350 Chevy is long gone,sold it.A 5.7 hemi out of a 2004 Dodge pickup is going in it's place.I have been talked into looking into one with rack and pinion steering also,it will drive a whole lot better.I will be driving it on the street mainly as a hot rod/sleeper.

you have to decide what direction you really want to go first. if you are going to go with stock style steering then just replace it with another factory k-frame.

if you are set on rack and pinion then go with the alter-k-tion from RMS. its an awesome product and the customer service is second to none.. https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=269

It is at my father's friend Jimmy's shop now and he recomended the RMS set up.Told me that he knows a guy that has one brand new RMS never used for mine.Called the guy and he wants $3,000.00 for it and is complete.He is holding on it for me.

It is at my father's friend Jimmy's shop now and he recomended the RMS set up.Told me that he knows a guy that has one brand new RMS never used for mine.Called the guy and he wants $3,000.00 for it and is complete.He is holding on it for me.

go for it man. you will love it.

I did buy it,3 wads of 1000.00 on the spot delivered to my father's friend Jimmy's shop.He bought it for someone and the person backed off.I got lucky too,made some money off of the parts off the old K frame that were still good.I sold the spindles,upper and lower control arms as a package deal.The old K frame went in the scrap metal pile.

awesome.. it installs easy as hell. and you will love how the car drives.

is it a manual or power rack? any idea what spring rate it has?

Good score...

you are one of the QUICKEST ever at pulling the pin on a front end..... at 10 o'clock the previous evening you are looking and asking questions....and by 7 the next morning....you got one nailed down!

must be a guy thing....we do not not mess around when it comes to buying stuff....especially for our hot rods.

you are gonna love it!

Mopar to ya'
Denny

So.......A-Body Joe gets the Alterkation "Salesman of the Month" award again.

It's a good product and he definately believes in it through his own personal use.

FYI - When selecting front wheels, pick some with the most available negative
offset for the best fit (not a concern with an HDK).

I would say, with ANY of them....even a stock K, plenty of negative offset
is a good thing; then you can run those nice tall "Super Stock" like front
tires (26" - 28" tall), lower the front end and drape the fenders over them.

Nothing worse than the look of 165 VW tires on a Muscle Car.

So.......A-Body Joe gets the Alterkation "Salesman of the Month" award again.

It's a good product and he definately believes in it through his own personal use.

FYI - When selecting front wheels, pick some with the most available negative
offset for the best fit (not a concern with an HDK).

dude asked a question i answered it. he found a deal and jumped on it.

like ya said though. i have/had it in my car and put a bunch of miles on it so i know how it felt and performed in my personal car.

hopefully we will have it in the 70 dart this summer. all depends how far we get with other crap we have going on..:)

By the way Alexis is a Mopar woman not a dude. So far she is earning hella respect from this Mopar dude! I'm impressed with her taste in Mopars.

By the way Alexis is a Mopar woman not a dude. So far she is earning hella respect from this Mopar dude! I'm impressed with her taste in Mopars.

no way...I want proof....if Alexis is a she.....she must be a special type of women I'm not familiar with....none around here will make a decision what to eat that fast.....just fact!

either way...I'm just pokin' a little fun
Mopar to ya' Alexis,
Denny

I found 5 others that whole week.The people that were selling them lied to me,they were missing parts.This one I bought,the guy told me the truth and made sure everything was there twice.

What is your plan for the rear suspension on your car? Of course it isn't required but a front set up like that just about calls for a matched rear set up. RMS also make a triangulated rear suspension that would be pretty cool on your ride.

you have to decide what direction you really want to go first. if you are going to go with stock style steering then just replace it with another factory k-frame.

if you are set on rack and pinion then go with the alter-k-tion from RMS. its an awesome product and the customer service is second to none.. https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=269

Agreed, except I'd have to go with a QA1 K member.

The guy I bought the k member from has the rear set up too threw that in too for free.It is in his garage somewhere and going to give me a call when he finds it.

And you found 5 others for sale too, but they were missing parts?

Locally or on the web? There's people here that might be interested in those. Could you post links to them?? Could help other out.

Congrats on the free 3 link rear RMS suspension tossed in with the front you bought. This and the 70 440-6 Cuda your dad gave you, heck you are on one super streak.

-
Back