Guess my Hp and Tq

-
Thank you for all the fun guys. I knew I should have went with a roller. To late now I will see what it does on the dyno the guy says his is stingy so I don't know.

either my builder has his dyno #'s low or yours is high.

To be honest yours sounds low to me just going off of what info you gave. Maybe it's a conservative dyno?

I'm going to guess 587 hp and 512 tq to the OP

The exhaust doesn't lose that much, but boy when I swap in a healthy roller it really takes off.

550 hp 530 tq , no matter it will be making more than enough to get into trouble in seconds . Really like the car , should mount a camera in the back to get a pic of the driver in a hot sports car you just blew the doors off .

would this cam wake it up and would cost be worth the increase in power.

Based on Lunati's newest computer designed cam profiles, this series of Solid Roller Tappet camshafts are designed specifically for drag race applications where mid to high RPM performance and round after round consistency is most critical.Solid Roller Cam. Excellent cam for bracket racing in 340-360 c.i. motors. Will run in 10 second range. Needs 3500-4000 RPM stall converter or 4-speed transmission, headers, 10:1+ compression ratio and 4.10+ gearing. Rough idle.
  • Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 288/296
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 255/263
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .626/.626
  • LSA/ICL: 106/100
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): .026/.026
  • RPM Range: 3500-7400
  • Includes: Cam & Lifters (#72420-16)

Part Number: 40200913LK
Previous Part Number: 504A3LK
Jobber Price: $696.88

That doesn't make a lot of difference on desktop dyno from your solid. Now, when I change the solid flat tappet to a solid roller without changing the specs, It adds a LOT.

This the closest they have in a roller from lunati

Solid Roller Cam. Good cam for Pro Street or mild bracket racing applications. Works well in 360+ c.i. motors. Needs 3500+ RPM stall converter, headers, 10.5:1+ compression ratio and 4.56+ gearing. Rough idle.

• Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 285/293
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .600/.600
  • LSA/ICL: 110/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): 016/016
  • RPM Range: 3200-7200

Yeah, that's still over 600 HP at 606. That's a goodun.

To be honest yours sounds low to me just going off of what info you gave. Maybe it's a conservative dyno?

I'm going to guess 587 hp and 512 tq to the OP

That's what I thought . We put just about the most we could into that small block without having to go to an R3 block and Indy heads. I was disappointed in the numbers at first but those are just numbers , it feels like it should be more....especially the Trq . I'd rather tell ppl it's lower than it actualy is anyway. I'm curiouse to hear what KingVern makes on this build

I don't mean to bug anyone i'm just trying to see what I need if I don't like the power from this engine.

If you want mega valve lift you might have to go with a 1.65:1 rocker arm. But I'm talking over .650 or so lift. (+/-) You will be happy with your build from looking at your set up. These 408's make awesome Trq down low and hold onto it for a while.

would this cam wake it up and would cost be worth the increase in power.

Based on Lunati's newest computer designed cam profiles, this series of Solid Roller Tappet camshafts are designed specifically for drag race applications where mid to high RPM performance and round after round consistency is most critical.Solid Roller Cam. Excellent cam for bracket racing in 340-360 c.i. motors. Will run in 10 second range. Needs 3500-4000 RPM stall converter or 4-speed transmission, headers, 10:1+ compression ratio and 4.10+ gearing. Rough idle.
  • Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 288/296
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .626/.626
  • LSA/ICL: 106/100
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): .026/.026
  • RPM Range: 3500-7400
  • Includes: Cam & Lifters (#72420-16)

Part Number: 40200913LK
Previous Part Number: 504A3LK
Jobber Price: $696.88

That's very similar to the cam that I run. It doesn't like low rpm all that well. It runs fine at low rpm just grumpy. But above 3500 rpm, the clouds part and she just sings. It pulls hard and feels "torquey". Whether or not it's going to be worth changing cams at this point is hard to say. I personally think your setup is still going to make some real good power. I'd say just let it be for now, see what you get on your numbers, go from there if you're not happy.

I don't know much about those lifters but if you do go that route, make sure they have pressure fed rollers.

I would not worry about the dyno numbers much...its just a number. Put it in the car and run it, see what it does. You should hit the 10's in the Dart.

I would not worry about the dyno numbers much...its just a number. Put it in the car and run it, see what it does. You should hit the 10's in the Dart.

you can 2nd and 3rd guess yourself silly. Put it in and run it. It will tell you what it's actually making, in your car, at your track.

Well Numbers are finally in and I'm very disappointed with it. 501hp/480 torque all in @ 6300. I was so pissed at the engine builder I left without the dyno sheet.

Well Numbers are finally in and I'm very disappointed with it. 501hp/480 torque all in @ 6300. I was so pissed at the engine builder I left without the dyno sheet.
Don't sweat it, dyno numbers are practically useless unless you are compairing engines on the same dyno at the same time. Don't fall for the hype, there are builders on this very site even with VERY optimistic dyno figures, but they sell engine builds......Know what im sayin? just put it in the car and run it, you wont be pissed anymore!

a lot of dynoes are diff in there ratings , it sounds like there could be a little something off on tune what was the timing, header size, and fuel?:violent1: I know the pain I bought a set of eddies one time and slowed 4 tenths from ported j heads, it will get better

did you try timing at 34 seems to be a sweet spot for 4 inch stroke but all are diff, the rest cant get any better , might give mike at mrl a call and ask his advice he knows those motors like the back of his hand and likes to help, best of luck and keep us posted:D

i would more pissed if the dyno said 600 hp and it still runs 11s....Run the car down the track...

Car and engine will need to be tuned at the track......

Was the 501 corrected hp or actual hp?

-
Back