halftime show

-
Fab 5 Freddie.....look him up. She just brought that form to the mainstream audience. Sugar Hill gang....Quite a few before Blondie.
That's what I am finding out.

Ever wonder what happens to aspiring rappers who never made it.. but don't end up in jail or dead?

20220214_074518.jpg

Nevermind mexicos high school dropouts, we already know what they move onto. #eatyourheartoutscarface

Is Blondie says nobody walks in la! I found that out when I visited my dad and I got an eerie feeling when I was walking around his neighborhood when I noticed absolutely nobody was around...
I think I should leave this right here...

I have that album......Doh! And it was Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons who said "Only a nobody walks in LA". The original Lady Gaga...
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.jpg

I will say it was a good show even though I didn't understand the music or the lyrics.
For a few minutes, lets just forget about the politics and take it for what it is.
The choreography of the dancers wasn't very good.
The dancing on the hoods of the cars I found was disrespectful to such beautiful classic cars.
And having the show directed toward one side of the stadium was just not right.

What amazes me is how they can set up the whole stage and tear it back down in a matter of minutes and have the sound quality so good.
That's where the real talent was...

Despite the bleach blonde, high pitched, over the top-ness, Missing Persons is surprisingly listenable.

What is the Super Bowl? I didn’t watch it. I can’t say I don’t t like rap. There are a few rap songs I do like, most being from the eighties. The super bowl and NFL are just satisfying their largest audience. I think a lot of not so die hard football fans have given up on professional sports due to the political atmosphere they endorse. I didn’t watch but I’m sure the Marching Bands they used to have perform would have been alot more entertaining.

You're missing the point... which was all those songs were later sampled, allowed to be, and it became the foundation of rap .period. no one said one was better than the other or even tried to compare the quality 'which is truly up to the ear of the listener'.

I've played live music as a drummer 'all genres' for 30 years. I know many people, that's all I'll say. Im not the end all.. but I'm well seasoned... so don't argue the inarguable with me.

Your words about Motown " and in fact was the root hook of rap...gangsta rap." If you think that Motown R&B has any musical connection to rap (other than black people) I have no idea what your hearing. I've played all kinds of music also, since I was 10. Guitar, piano, and drums I know music of every type also. Everything is arguable with you if it doesn't fit your mold I've seen. I didn't miss your point, seen it before, you like an argument. Must be a pleasure to be around. You can put me on your ignore list also, because you and I have nothing in common, thank God

Last edited:
Your words about Motown " and in fact was the root hook of rap...gangsta rap." If you think that Motown R&B has any musical connection to rap (other than black people) I have no idea what your hearing. I've played all kinds of music also, since I was 10. Guitar, piano, and drums I know music of every type also. Everything is arguable with you if it doesn't fit your mold I've seen. I didn't miss your point, seen it before, you like an argument. Must be a pleasure to be around. You can put me on your ignore list also, because you and I have nothing in common, thank God
Hey 440, I just listened to Darlene Love sing "Today I met the boy im gonna marry". she sang it live on some ladies show the bride was listening to
So according to some of the enlightened this music gave way to rap:realcrazy:
Go figure LOL

in the end field

you mean the end zone? doesnt sound
I didn’t watch but I’m sure the Marching Bands they used to have perform would have been alot more entertaining.

ummm..yea no.. nothing more boring then that marching band garbage. rap/hip hop isn't my thing but i'll take that over machining band every day of the week..

My father always said " You know it's like vanilla and chocolate ice-cream, everyone likes a different flavor!" Doesn't make it wrong or bad it's just different! I would always respond, "There's even strawberry and rocky road!" He'd just call me an *** but the idea is correct and goes a long way in understanding others.

I love all music and thought the half time show was well done and I enjoyed it.

My father always said " You know it's like vanilla and chocolate ice-cream, everyone likes a different flavor!" Doesn't make it wrong or bad it's just different! I would always respond, "There's even strawberry and rocky road!" He'd just call me an *** but the idea is correct and goes a long way in understanding others.

I love all music and thought the half time show was well done and I enjoyed it.
How could i have guessed.....

A quote from a friend "If only the Super Bowl were in Vegas next year so we could get Donny & Marie and Wayne Newton to do the half-time show! That would shut everybody up!" :rofl::rofl:

Fab 5 Freddie.....look him up. She just brought that form to the mainstream audience. Sugar Hill gang....Quite a few before Blondie.

and suburban white kids have been the largest market ever since....
I didn't see the halftime show but I admit to having paid actual money for rap music. I like street performances the best though.

But what it really comes down to is you can’t make anyone happy. We are all too opinionated which is a good thing. We don’t have a dictator making us watch something. We can turn it off if we disagree; and 9 of 10 will disagree. Including me. It’s a good thing we don’t have just 1 style of f anything.
So who got to carry that Vince Lamborghini trophy at the end. The Left fielder or the Forward or the point guard?

You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time...

...but you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

Who was that singer at the end with the large, muscular thighs and the lace boots? I wish I legs that strong lookin'.

"...Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn..." Pitbull has a song that has this line in it.

-
Back