Hemidenny K member club?

-
Hey Denny,
Are you doing early A's yet? We spoke several months ago. You said probably not til late this year, or early next?

Hey Denny,
Are you doing early A's yet? We spoke several months ago. You said probably not til late this year, or early next?

I measured one up a few weeks ago....on the drawing/CAD board.

anyone out there got a K frame out of a car to verify K-frame bolts are EXACTLY 31" center to center wide?

My hold up to everything is the CAD drawings....my CAD guy works a lot of hours on his NEW regular job (GM)....I have a back up for now BUT starting Jan...I am taking CAD classes. No More delay!

I cannot express how trick of a trick I think that is........

I don't think you'll find those headers in the "A-body" catalogue either....

Damn.... I had the first non-Hemi prototype HDK and didn't know that this Club even existed until Denny mentioned it today on the phone.....You guys trying to give me a hint or what ?

I didn't know about it either until I got the double throw down super encrypted TSA proof e-mail
:D

Awesome.
Denny, just out of curiousity, whats a ballpark lower limit for the standard setup like mine, measuring like we did from the frame rail behind the front tire?

depends on front tire diameter.....and from there exhaust clearance. I think you could lower an extra 1" without any issue, but to get the best ride would require (more than likely) a different coil over.

whats the wheel and tire specs?
looks like 19 r 20's all around?

Pictures from an HDK customer. Nice & low and tucked in!

image_zpsf6424419.jpeg

image4_zpsecb6c7c0.jpeg

image2_zps4ca0264e.jpeg

image5_zps7d7564ca.jpeg

image3_zps144239c6.jpeg

Just curious to know if anyone's built any kind of rolling engine/trans support for the HDK?

Just curious to know if anyone's built any kind of rolling engine/trans support for the HDK?

I made one last year for HemiMark, it will fit any K frame including the HDK just use the mounting bolt tab area for support. Maybe Mark will post a picture or two.

I borrowed a picture from HemiMarks Demon build of the cart as Mark was installing the 440 with stock K frame but will work with HDK since I planned on borrowing it for my HDK when I built it. Also in the picture is the body lift attached to the bumper mounting points (which I also plan on borrowing).
attachment.php

That is a very nice cart. Speaking of HemiMark, please note how the front wheels
fit on his injected Barracuda shown here with the Magnum Force K-frame. Soon you
will see the dramatic difference in how they look after the HDK is installed. The track
will be narrower and a slightly taller tire will be nicely tucked up into the fender.

Carlisle2013013_zpsc1d94069.jpg

Just one note - If you build your own cart, make sure the wheels
on it are where the wheels on your cherry picker are not.

Just one note - If you build your own cart, make sure the wheels
on it are where the wheels on your cherry are not.

Good point, if you look at the one I made, everything is adjustable ....not only the wheels but the mounting points can go up, down, in, out, front and back same with the transmission mounting point.

OK for you in the know.I have been looking at the HDK system for awhile and emailing Denny.I'm doing a 69 Valiant and want a semi pro touring car with some sort of small block.Besides getting rid of a lot of stuff that's in the way what are the other advantages - handeling etc over doing a major upgrade on the factory stuff for about 1/2 or more of the price of the HDK

What a great thread and club. I have traded a lot of emails with Deny and the decision has been made all the while I've been lurking and gathering up the small parts to complete the HDK transformation. Denny order coming soon.
Bobby

That is a very nice cart. Speaking of HemiMark, please note how the front wheels
fit on his injected Barracuda shown here with the Magnum Force K-frame. Soon you
will see the dramatic difference in how they look after the HDK is installed. The track
will be narrower and a slightly taller tire will be nicely tucked up into the fender.

Carlisle2013013_zpsc1d94069.jpg

I'm excited to see and feel the difference in the way the Barracuda drives and steers. I know my Hemi duster with the 2nd Gen HDK was fantastic to drive. Denny, thank you again for helping me out by turning wrench's on my car while I pull my hair out here in Pittsburgh. I'll make it up to you...Also, Donny gave me K-frame bolts but they are the wrong ones...... I'll keep hunting....

-
Back