Hemidenny K member club?

-
Donny gave me K-frame bolts but they are the wrong ones......
Now how could that happen?

For the uninitiated, Donny is a guy that could happen upon a 100 point
restored '65 Hemi Belvedere, look at it for a few seconds and then point
and say "That clamp's wrong".

ok for you in the know.i have been looking at the hdk system for awhile and emailing denny.i'm doing a 69 valiant and want a semi pro touring car with some sort of small block.besides getting rid of a lot of stuff that's in the way what are the other advantages - handeling etc over doing a major upgrade on the factory stuff for about 1/2 or more of the price of the hdk

anybody?

33 lbs lighter; incomparable steering feel compared to stock componetry,
use the Wilwoods for superior braking, the ability to swap in almost any
engine easily with all kinds of room for headers, oil pans etc. The whole
HDK setup can easily be swapped into another '67 - '76 Mopar A-body.

These photos show the HDK's upper shock mount which is very strong and does
not compromise the inner fender panel for support.

You can see how the very heavily made pocket locates in the area below the
stock upper shock mount and then the support loop bolts to it making a complete
triangulated piece. The 3 holes you will drill here are the only ones involved in
the complete HDK install.

Photos courtesy of HemiDenny
WeebsHDKDart014_zps64d9a853.jpg

WeebsHDKDart012_zps2547a8b5.jpg

Mock-upK034_zpsde38c9f0.jpg

I think I e-mailed you on this....

one distinct advantage of the HDK is adjustability of the UCA and LCA arms....with adjustable ends on upper and lower control arms, you have the ability to increase/decrease hub width for larger rim and tire selection , along with adjustment on caster and camber far beyond the stock range.

hope that helps
Denny

I think I e-mailed you on this....

one distinct advantage of the HDK is adjustability of the UCA and LCA arms....with adjustable ends on upper and lower control arms, you have the ability to increase/decrease hub width for larger rim and tire selection , along with adjustment on caster and camber far beyond the stock range.

hope that helps
Denny

That is a huge advantage that I am going to be utilizing.

One missing word here. Stance. Ability to tuck and lower.

I borrowed a picture from HemiMarks Demon build of the cart as Mark was installing the 440 with stock K frame but will work with HDK since I planned on borrowing it for my HDK when I built it. Also in the picture is the body lift attached to the bumper mounting points (which I also plan on borrowing).

Thanks. I'll have to "adjust" mine with the plasma cutter.

I' m glad you asked....it is a feature I often overlooked .

I will incorporate it into my PDF and new website....it is being built now. Should be done shortly.... as soon as the website builder is done with the current project.... some kind of healthcare / insurance web-thing. According to the companies CEO...they only have a few glitches to repair, then on to HDK!

Looks like I'm going to visit Denny on the 10th to check out the HDK looking foward to seeing it in person Good possibilty of joing "THE CLUB"

I' m glad you asked....it is a feature I often overlooked .

I will incorporate it into my PDF and new website....it is being built now. Should be done shortly.... as soon as the website builder is done with the current project.... some kind of healthcare / insurance web-thing. According to the companies CEO...they only have a few glitches to repair, then on to HDK!

The same website development company that tried to build the defunct Canadian gun registry website... They'll happily take your billions of HDK bucks :D

I got headers on the brain tonight.I got to thinking that you pay the big bucks for the TTIs or Dougs for them to fit nice... around stuff that's gone with an HDK.

My brain always want to find a bargain. Anyone looked at the alternatives? Does everything else just hang too low?

I got headers on the brain tonight.I got to thinking that you pay the big bucks for the TTIs or Dougs for them to fit nice... around stuff that's gone with an HDK.

My brain always want to find a bargain. Anyone looked at the alternatives? Does everything else just hang too low?

I was pondering the same thing last night looking at the TTI's.I may end up with the shorty's from TTI

The B body small block header used by Orangewagon fit great and looks racey........unlike the spagetti look of most small black headers....tucked up nice too.

The B body small block header used by Orangewagon fit great and looks racey........unlike the spagetti look of most small black headers....tucked up nice too.

Couldn't find user Orangewagon any more info ????

What b body headers did he use?

1 7/8" small block B/E body TTI...if I had to do it over, I would have designed my own not that theres anything wrong with the TTI's although I did have to modify my Milodon Pro Touring oil pan slightly for clearance issues. Heres a picture after I had them Ceramic Coated...I also added Flomaster ball and socket collectors for a little added body to collector clearance since I raised the motor in the chassis some.
attachment.php

I thought maybe something like these Hedman van headers. Long tube so no performance loss. Nice symetrical look without unecessary spaghetti loops. Might be easy to cut and shorten, have them ceramic coated. Thoughts?
What does coating cost?

Attachments

• hedman headers.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 983
I thought maybe something like these Hedman van headers. Long tube so no performance loss. Nice symetrical look without unecessary spaghetti loops. Might be easy to cut and shorten, have them ceramic coated. Thoughts?
What does coating cost?

Where I get them done $240 a set. They look like they would really hang low from the picture. I think the TTI shortys would be great, you could raise the motor more than mine without the body to collector issues I had/have.

-
Back