Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
Too many biased and not enough realist :)

I think it’s more the older guys like the older stuff. We grew up with it, choose to spend our hard earned money on it, and our friends feel the same way.
Nobody is saying the gen 3 isn’t an excellent piece.
I would rather have my 69 Dart to drive around and race, than I would a Hellcat, and it isn’t even remotely close.
Some people feel differently, and that is fine with me, I am glad the hobby is staying viable with the “ new” stuff

I think it’s more the older guys like the older stuff. We grew up with it, choose to spend our hard earned money on it, and our friends feel the same way.
Nobody is saying the gen 3 isn’t an excellent piece.
I would rather have my 69 Dart to drive around and race, than I would a Hellcat, and it isn’t even remotely close.
Some people feel differently, and that is fine with me, I am glad the hobby is staying viable
I too am old school. Very old school, just look at my builds.. LOL. However, I'm a realist. I have no issue accepting reality. If I choose that route or not, I'm not afraid to acknowledge it. And although I'm not "hemi swapp'n" anything of mine today, for the sake of the OP I brought up the New Hemi's and their heads. We cannot ignore how fast those heavy pigs can be box-stock off the showroom floor. And with mods, they can be crazy fast, especially when swapped in a under 3000 lbs car.

I too am old school. Very old school, just look at my builds.. LOL. However, I'm a realist. I have no issue accepting reality. If I choose that route or not, I'm not afraid to acknowledge it. And although I'm not "hemi swapp'n" anything of mine today, for the sake of the OP I brought up the New Hemi's and their heads. We cannot ignore how fast those heavy pigs can be box-stock off the showroom floor. And with mods, they can be crazy fast, especially when swapped in a under 3000 lbs car.

You are talking about the power adder one’s right???

I would put a full tilt W8/W9 build up against a full monty Gen3 anyday at the same weight.....I know what would happen

You are talking about the power adder one’s right???
I'm talking about a NA 6.4 Hemi, like in a Scat Pak. They have about 550 gross hp as sitting box-stock. Just a cam upgrade and headers and they go over 600+ HP. Put that in a 3000 lbs Duster backed by a 904 and a quality converter and see what it runs. I'm talk'n 600 hp the cheapest, and reliable way that drives great on the streets.

What’s the cost of dropping one in?
Even if the engine was free!

I'm talking about a NA 6.4 Hemi, like in a Scat Pak. They have about 550 gross hp as sitting box-stock. Just a cam upgrade and headers and they go over 600+ HP. Put that in a 3000 lbs Duster backed by a 904 and a quality converter and see what it runs. I'm talk'n 600 hp the cheapest, and reliable way that drives great on the streets.
Why use a 904???? Since the Gen 3 (can't actually) dominate at any racing class why wouldn't you use the mating trans that these modern (I wish I was) marvels come with? Exactly!!!! WEIGHT!!! Everything about a Gen 3 Hemi is a PIG and part of why it is slow and also find 1, JUST 1, heads up racing class N/A that a Gen 3 Hemi is at the top.......I will wait....

Drives great on the streets, LOL, this might be my favorite.......hey everybody see how smooth my Gen 3 Hemi idles? Ewwwww sooooo smooth...how did you get it to do that, LOL, and here I pull up setting off other vehicles car alarms and things vibrate off the shelves in nearby stores with a badass W9 old school NA small block......YUP I'M A BAD MF'er :usflag:

Besides driving my son's old '15 Scat Pak...... I eye-witnessed a stock 1320 Challenger (6.4 na 485 factory net hp) turn 12 flat WITHOUT traction. Name one other small block mopar from the factory... ANY available to the public... that would even scratch the surface of that time right off the show room floor. A 2950 pound 340 Duster?? 340-6 pack E body?? C'mon, you ain't serious..... The lead-sled at over 4100 lbs would eat 'em for breakfast while listening to blue tooth, watch them disappear in the back up camera and having the air conditioning blowing. But I get it, very few are realist.

And all of this because I stated in my opinion the Gen III hemi is the mopar small block that can get you on the plus side of 600 hp the cheapest and still be reliable. I wasn't even talking about the challengers/chargers they came in. Those are over 4,000 lbs. I was strictly talking about the topic the OP started in the thread.

Have you ever built 600 HP and verified that’s what it makes? If not, you are WAY out of your lane.

You have no concept of what makes power and lives and what doesn’t.

What’s the cost of dropping one in?
Even if the engine was free!
How handy are you? If the engine was free, you wouldn't drop a nickel to the dollar on building a "W" headed stroker in a race block. Somebody should put together a "fair market" "W" headed stroker race block" cost, and make sure it has street manners.

Besides driving my son's old '15 Scat Pak...... I eye-witnessed a stock 1320 Challenger (6.4 na 485 factory net hp) turn 12 flat WITHOUT traction. Name one other small block mopar from the factory... ANY available to the public... that would even scratch the surface of that time right off the show room floor. A 2950 pound 340 Duster?? 340-6 pack E body?? C'mon, you ain't serious..... The lead-sled at over 4100 lbs would eat 'em for breakfast while listening to blue tooth, watch them disappear in the back up camera and having the air conditioning blowing. But I get it, very few are realist.

WHAT WAS THE MPH? The ET doesnt mean ****. You know that and yet you still post ET’s.

Have you ever built 600 HP and verified that’s what it makes? If not, you are WAY out of your lane.

You have no concept of what makes power and lives and what doesn’t.
I can ask you the same question. :)

True story....a few years back a couple friends would come around sometimes and we would take our cars out and cruise and race....the one had a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger with a new Pro charger on it and the other guy had a 2006 ZO6 with a 427......every time we would stop anywhere the other 2 guys would get comically pissed because nobody looked at their cars and to add insult to injury I smoked that Pro charged Challenger so many times, never got close to getting beat, that I finally had to tell him no more as the price of tires is high and he was no competition for old school technology.

Drives great on the streets, LOL, this might be my favorite.......hey everybody see how smooth my Gen 3 Hemi idles? Ewwwww sooooo smooth...how did you get it to do that, LOL, and here I pull up setting off other vehicles car alarms and things vibrate off the shelves in nearby stores with a badass W9 old school NA small block......YUP I'M A BAD MF'er :usflag:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $ do you have in your W8 build?

Very few are interested....big difference...those cars are boring and NOT COOL

WHAT WAS THE MPH? The ET doesnt mean ****. You know that and yet you still post ET’s.
You tell me what it takes to move 4400 lbs (with driver) with wheel spin - easing it out of the hole and terrible 60 ft times and still run a 12 flat box stock from the factory? It's not up to me to spell it out for ya, your much smarter than that (I assume). Would 112 mph be enough? Or do you want 115 ?? LOL.

I can ask you the same question. :)

******* right I have. That’s how I KNOW what I’m talking about.

Let me know when you can walk into a shop and run every piece of equipment in there, and then build something from the ground up with a purpose and then hit that goal that isn’t some bubble gummers ****.

2 HP/CID on 340 inches isnt easy. You ain’t doing that with a G3 Hemi and not spend an assload on it.

So yeah, I’ve done it. And now I don’t have to rent the dyno time. I can walk into my shop and do it.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $ do you have in your W8 build?
It's a W9 R3 deal and I bought it from an engine builder that built it for a racer in Venezuela and that gentleman moved to Spain so I bought his dyno time only complete carb to pan w/ vacuum pump for 16k.....made over 900 at the time.

You tell me what it takes to move 4200 lbs with wheel spin - easing it out of the hole and terrible 60 ft times and still run a 12 flat box stock from the factory? It's not up to me to spell it out for ya, your much smarter than that (I assume). Would 112 mph be enough? Or do you want 115 ?? LOL.

Well which was it? 112 or 115? Make up your mind.

-
Back