How tall are you?

-
I'm 6' and 175lbs and long legged and yes it is tight in my 71 duster but it is even worse in my 70 cuda because you climb down into E-Bodies and I always bang my knees!

I'm 6'3 and I did exactly what you said in my Dart, I moved the seat back and I also put a 1 1/2 inch spacer on the front seat mounts to angle the seat more. The only problem with this is that now there is not enough room in the back seats for adults to sit comfortably.

6 foot 290 pounds , i never notice problems because i am too excited about being behind the wheel of an old mopar.

I'm 6'4" and 350 lbs and have plenty of belly rub room.

I'm 5'5'', The seating in bench seat A-bodies was designed after me.
Don't like bucket seats though, i find that i sit too low.
My body proportions are right for my height except one, that's why i need a smaller steering wheel, and it ain't my gut.
lol

5'5" I find the rear seat a little tight but I don't ride back there much:happy10:

6 inchs short of meanace, 6 inch to tall for short.

I'm 6' and 175lbs and long legged and yes it is tight in my 71 duster but it is even worse in my 70 cuda because you climb down into E-Bodies and I always bang my knees!

Speaking of E-bodies, I agree. The other issue I have about the car is the steering wheel placement. Between getting seated right, the wheel is ethier in my face or the pedals are a little far away. Weird. Only in a E-body.

So I'm only 6'2" but every A-body I have been in was impossible to get my legs straight out even with the seat all the way back. I don't mean just to the gas/brake pedals, but to the firewall! My knees hit the steering wheel. It sucks.

I am thinking that I either need to install bucket seats (a head rest would be nice too in case of an accident) or drill the floor and move the seat 4 inches back. Maybe my legs are just too long. :dontknow:

So how tall are you and if you have a problem with the issue of legroom in your A-body, what did you do about it?
I'm about 6'2" and 280lbs, I know what you mean. I've been thinking of redrilling the floor to move the back seat back 4" and front back 2".

Most seat brackets come with 3 different positions for the studs with every one I've seen located in the middle. You can move the studs up one hole and that will help a little with leg room.

I am only 5'5" but my friend who I got my Dart from was 6'9". I could not figure out why I could not reach the gas and cluch even with the seat all the way up. Then one day I found out why. He had put blocks under the front part of the bench seat so he could drive the car with out his head rubbing on the roof. Took them out now I can drive the car with out sliping off the seat trying to reach the pedals.

6'9 290 lbs. "jolly giant" is my nickname! My username is tied into it, HO Ho Ho GREEN GIANT (for you that remember the commercial)

6'3 250 my macho PW is a tight fit, but my dart seems to fit pretty good but i have a bench seat and im tossing that for buckets.

5' 6" & 131

I would love to see some of you guys in a Go-Kart

LOL

When I was in college I had two roommates who were like the twin towers. One was 6'5" and the other was 6'7" and one of the funniest things I remember about them is seeing them both get out of the "shorter" guy's 1970 Porsche 914. I think they were both about three times as tall as the car! Those 914's actually have a lot of legroom! Not so much on the headroom though. Germans must have long legs.

I would love to see some of you guys in a Go-Kart

LOL
Ask and you shall receive
Here I am kicking *** and taking names at the Go Cart track in Lake Tahoe!
I fit perfect in it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ok so it was in 1972 and I was only 6 1/2 and not old enough for this ride, but luckily being tall for my age I was over the minimum height, so all I had to do was lie about my age to the Joe Dirt looking guy in charge of the ride LOL
I'm in front with my 12 year old brother and my 13 year old half sister behind me.

Attachments

• gocart1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 88
Maybe the early A's have more room?

I'm 6'3" and 250ish :yawinkle:, and have no problem at all. My wife doesn't like to drive the Dart, as she can't get close enough to be comfortable. She's 5'3".

And it is a bench. I've never been in the back seat, and no intention to.

I used to own a 71 Austin Mini, and didn't have a problem with that car, either.

Unfortunatley I am as tall as am wide so I get the belly rub being 6ft 350. But I still love my a body and its bench seat. Most people were surprised to see me get out of my Neon too.

-
Back