Indy LA-X vs. Eddy heads

-
Once again for those that can not understand ENGLISH.. i DO NOT want a set of your heads,i have enough of "door stoppers" i want to prove that my "mildly" ported Edelbrocks are superior to them.your "super" rhs heads probably have more work done to them then my Edelbrocks..Send my heads to you.. no need to i already have a "real" engine builder,And i NEVER said YOU said rhs were better,i already know they're NOT..i'm done with this thread,to the original poster if it were my money i'd be buying Edelbrocks over iron heads any day of the week,with the exception of w-2's...of coarse

It doesn't matter what you say anymore cause everyone knows you're just a lame with absotootly no creditability.

Every post you make from now on will be ridiculed & laughed at by all who have the misfortune of reading it.
You have disappointed the entire mopar community and will now be forgotten like many a douche before you.

you really outta give this up, your no good at it.:bball:

Technically the OP asked for a dyno comparison of the two heads. I'd like to see that also.

So is the popularly held contention just that the Indy X heads are a better deal than the Edelbrocks, or they make more horsepower? Obviously if they make more horsepower they're a better deal too.

Technically the OP asked for a dyno comparison of the two heads. I'd like to see that also.

So is the popularly held contention just that the Indy X heads are a better deal than the Edelbrocks, or they make more horsepower? Obviously if they make more horsepower they're a better deal too.

In the form Brain sell them the RHS X heads will beat the ede's no problem from a flow and HP standpoint.

It's been covered here before that to get the eddy heads to the same level as the RHS X heads you'll have more in them from an initial buy, then porting, spring change, fix valve job, you're easily in over 2K and approaching 2400-2500 in some cases.

The hard part is how to compare the 2 different heads?
There are those who say you need 1pt. more compression with aluminum heads to be fair when comparing against iron.
There are those who will want the RHS heads with 1.92 valves compared directly to the edelbrocks OOTB.
There are those who want our RHS heads compared to ported edelbrock heads.
There are those who will want both pairs of heads mildly ported to be fair...where does it end?

I say to anybody reading this it's simple: Buy whichever head you want. I will unlikely ever have the chance to directly compare our head OOTB to an unported eddy head on our dyno. If I ever do, I will post that info. But I don't see anyone paying us to do that, and if our heads can make the power we've proved they can OOTB, then I say they are at least as good as whatever else is out there.
I've dyno'd several 4" crank engines, and all the street/strip type stuff we've dyno'd all come in around 500-550HP.
Almost all have used Edelbrock heads that we've ported to some degree. Our 410 made 485-500 with no extra work and no solid type lifters and a small carb.
So for me, I don't really need to dyno both sets of heads, because I know the outcome and no matter what I won't make everyone happy!

For what it's worth, we sell, port and use Edelbrock heads all the time!! And if a guy has the budget, which is usually 2200.00 to 2400.00 for the eddy heads, ported with upgraded springs and 2.055 intake valves, valve job, surface cut and assembly then that's what I sell. They have more potential in them than the RHS heads.
I've said this alot, but this one JACKASS can't seem to get over the fact he will not get a FREE set of heads from me.
You know, it's sad really!! LOL!!

So to the original question of does anyone have direct comparison between these 2 heads...Yes the ported edelbrock headed 408's I've done will make anywhere from 10-40 more HP than the OOTB RHS heads we sell on the same basic build. But they cost more too. So I would guess THAT is what will be more important than the actuall HP the 2 different heads will make. Usually BUDGET wins over POWER when buying engine parts!!
Brian

Crackedback infers that this comparison has already been made.

In the form Brain sell them the RHS X heads will beat the ede's no problem from a flow and HP standpoint.

If it was me, I'd say a comparison of an OOTB edelbrock head compared to the indy-x the way you sell them on the same shortblock would be good. Your product vs. the competition. Either one is an OOTB head to the end user, right? Run it on whichever engine you think is representative of your customer base.

If people infer that the edelbrock is at a disadvantage because of compression, well, its a helluva lot easier to buy a cheaper cylinder head than it is to change your engine's compression ratio. As long as the test was run at a reasonable CR ( > 9.5:1), I can't see how it could make that much difference to the reader. If you're *really* worried about that, run the Eddies with a thinner gasket.

Might be good for business too.

Is it worth doing? Who knows? How many sets of heads do you have to sell to make the money for some dyno time and a couple of sets of head gaskets?

If you play your cards right, you could probably get a magazine article out of the deal. Ehrenberg has a burr in his *** about the Edelbrocks already LOL.

Steve

You know in a few months time, I will have to make a decision about what heads to run
to replace the 302s on the 318 in my Duster, but I don't think I'll be asking you guys for advice.

LX my comparison basis is for a ootb Eddy, 2.02 valve and the RHS's Brian does also 2.02 valve. No porting other than the blend of the valve job throat cut on the RHS. Nothing in the pushrod pinch, short turn, roof/guide boss, nothing altered from as cast. For up to about 500-520hp, Brian's RHS heads are hard to beat.

RHS has a better chamber and flow better thoroghout the range.

If you fix the valve job and start porting the eddy head, then you have a different ballgame. The associated cost of that work also plays into the equation. The eddy option cost more money for equal output, however, the eddys have more output potential.

I have 2 sets of Eddy heads ready to go and if it wasn't for that, I would get a pair of RHS heads and run those door stops on my 360. I got my eddys used and had Brian go through them. Luckily, don't have anywhere near the new price cost in them, both sets are less $ than a new pair from Summit with roller/beehive springs and some porting.

Make a choice, pay your money, pick your poison. What works for one person may not work for someone else, but, one isn't necessarily better than the other depending upon end usage.

You know in a few months time, I will have to make a decision about what heads to run
to replace the 302s on the 318 in my Duster, but I don't think I'll be asking you guys for advice.

actually there is alot of advice here...and alot of bs....you just need to shovel to get to it...

Didn't say you did, but cool, then answer these questions for the answer you your question...

My goal....I want a car that will hold its own on the track (maybe mid-low 12's) if I decide to take it to the track. It must run well in traffic and not overheat in stop and go traffic. Right now I am most likely going to go with a 408 probably around 10:1. Cam selection, carb and intake are all still undecided. I am waiting to see how much of the budget gets ate up by the body shop before I start buying motor parts.

EL5 - The reason factory heads are not in this is carcrazy didnt include them. Least by my logic that took them off the table.

Car - If you dont know what you have for a budget, get the budget figures first, and then work on what you can afford. The respondants here have used them all collectively. But as for me, I build each engine as a package. Sort of like OU812 but he does many more than I. If you're starting from a clean sheet of paper, even factory iron heads could get you to what you want. But items like compression, piston design, and budget will steer you towards or away from some choices. Like i first said 4 pages of BS ago... It's not a set of heads, or a cam, or a piston... It's how they work together and fit the budget that will make you satisfied or leave you unsatisfied.

My goal....I want a car that will hold its own on the track (maybe mid-low 12's) if I decide to take it to the track. It must run well in traffic and not overheat in stop and go traffic. Right now I am most likely going to go with a 408 probably around 10:1. Cam selection, carb and intake are all still undecided. I am waiting to see how much of the budget gets ate up by the body shop before I start buying motor parts.

The RHS head will be perfect for meeting that goal.

Car - If you dont know what you have for a budget, get the budget figures first, and then work on what you can afford.

See my resto thread and you will see why I don't have a set budget yet. I have already surpassed my original rebuild budget and the car is still in primer. However, most of that was I decided to upgrade to 8 3/4, Auburn diff, 4 wheel discs, powder coated the rear end housing and K member. None of those were my original plan but decided since I was doing it, take more time and do the best I can with the amount that I can afford at the time.

I figure I will spend about $5-6k on the motor.

Understandable after all the 3rd grade bickering.
On a different note...we will be building a mild 360 to sell within a month or so that will have our RHS heads, rpm intake, 9.6:1, thumpr hyd. cam using all stock internals and KB pistons.
I'll post dyno results when it's done.
I'm expecting 400hp and I might use the magnum heads so I can get an easy cheap 1.6 rocker on it.
Brian

Brian...unrelated question about the heads...ballpark...
How many thousandths are you milling off the deck to get the chamber to 62.5cc?

And that 360 sounds like a perfect street engine for an a body!
Should run hard!

On a different note...we will be building a mild 360 to sell within a month or so that will have our RHS heads, rpm intake, 9.6:1, thumpr hyd. cam using all stock internals and KB pistons.
I'll post dyno results when it's done.

Please do. Sounds awesome. How to the Magnum heads flow vs the LA style? On the Edelbrocks it seems that the LA style flow better?

The RHS heads have the same ports regardless of LA or Magnum. The RPMs have changes between them. IMO one of the best parts of the LA-Xs is they use the std LA (cheaper) rocker setups and any LA intake but you get the fast, good working port of the Magnum. They are heavier because they get cast with provisions for either rocker setup, but are machined for LA or Magnum respectively.

Car - FOr the budget I'd think the LA-Xs would be a good addition performance and budget wise as sold by Brian. I say Brian's because the heads are sold bare so any shop's labor counts for a portion of the final performance. He does nice work. Just get a dished piston at zero deck and you're fine. If the budget was another $700 I'd go with Edelbrocks because they'll do everything the LA-Xs will do and be a lot lighter high up an over the nose. Your build looks like a G-machine type general performer build. A mild 408 will cost you close to $6800 pan to carb with RPMs on it.

Nice summary but.......EDELBROCK'S RULE! YOU WOULD BE STUPID TO RUN ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

LMAO!!!!

There is a god. Don't let the door hit you in the ***.

What a liar you are. Nope you didn't want to PAY for a set, you wanted a set for FREE!

I was going to stay out of this thread.but i'm not going to be called a liar by anyone without defending myself..Hey crackhead why don't you get your facts straight i asked Brian to send me a set of those rhs heads to try out and compare to my Edelbrocks,shipping at my expense and if i liked them i might purchase a set from him..NEVER did i ask him for a free set,ask Brian yourself douchebag :thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:..as for the numbers my car is running atleast it running not on jackstands in the driveway:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

I was going to stay out of this thread.but i'm not going to be called a liar by anyone without defending myself..Hey crackhead why don't you get your facts straight i asked Brian to send me a set of those rhs heads to try out and compare to my Edelbrocks,shipping at my expense and if i liked them i might purchase a set from him..NEVER did i ask him for a free set,ask Brian yourself douchebag :thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:..as for the numbers my car is running atleast it running not on jackstands in the driveway:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

Can't we all just get along...LOL!!

Actually, you said for me to send them and you would pay the shipping BACK to me...I have the PM's.
So you want me to ship you brand new heads, pay shipping, take your word you'll ship them back to me and not run off with them. Then, you'll graciously send them back to me...USED and no good to me whatsoever!!??
WTF??
Does ANYONE ELSE find this moronic???????????????????

I think you've said enough...

Send me your little sister...you know, to try out...and if I like her I'll let her live here...if not, I'll buy her a bus ticket and send her home...just ignore the handprints...

Said you were done here and you came back... liar!

No you wanted a set for free to try out, your own words A-hole. Then you might buy them. Why would any competent business owner send you anything they put their work into at no benefit to them prior to payment. Maybe you should call Ryan, Pete at Best, Koffel, Modern Cyl or any other place and see the response you get to that request. You're no different from the homeless guy living under the bridge in your home town to Brian. Send a NEW product for you to soil, like the diaper your big baby *** is wearing, so Brian can have an impaired product returned which can no longer be sold as new. What a retarded munchkin you are, which is actually an insult to retarded munchkins, for which I apologize to said munchkins.

You got no resume and there is ZERO, NONE, NADA benefit to Brian to send you his product without payment. Maybe if you wrote one of those fluffy articles for a magazine (another cheap shot at a persons/Brians integrity), then maybe. BTW the car ran exactly what it should have even with that crappy/junk (your opinion) off the shelf Hughes 3500 converter.

Your car doesn't run the numbers it should for the HP you spout off. It either doesn't make the HP or their is some serious driveline loss, it's missing MPH somewhere, PERIOD!

Go take a healthy dose of this...
midol.gif

You need it more than anyone I can think of.

You're best left on ignore because you don't offer anything here except pot stirring BS. Must be a reason your breathe smells like vinegar... Later D'bag

Send me your little sister...you know, to try out...and if I like her I'll let her live here...if not, I'll buy her a bus ticket and send her home...just ignore the handprints...

LMAO... Post of the year!

"Take my seester! Shees a veergin....all the boys say so"

lol

Brian, I wanna try a set too, but I need you to send both the Eddies and the RHS heads....so I can pick which one I like better! Is it ok if I play around with my die grinder while I'm testing them? LMAO
I promise to pay you if I like one of em! I'll even send the "loser" set back! I promise.

-
Back