Indy LA-X vs. Eddy heads

-
good to know, i had this motor built probably 4 years ago so im foggy on the details but the numbers i remember about my cam is 484 and 284. which i know is the lift and the duration and i just mildly understand what those numbers mean. what is your expert opinion on that cam with a mild built 360, with the j heads rebuilt, airgap manifold and demon carb, with headers and hydraulic valve train. sound like a decent match? id like to upgrade to a solid lifter roller cam and lifter set up some day probably when i do the stroker but for now im wondering if that cam is about right. although this is a street car, its my race car so im always looking for improvements that i can afford.

The fellas recomended you a few place to get a custom cam, in which the big manufatures also do this service.

A cam is also matched with the cars weight and gear ratio/tire size and a converter has to also match up if it is an auto trans car. The converter can be made to order to fit the package later or togther.

The other way I select a cam is by the equipment being used on the engine and the intended purpose of the car/engine.

You have an intake that operates in the 1500 - 6500 RPM range.
What about the rest of the engine parts and the car itself?

This is worthy of it's own thread.
(Hint hint hint)

Do include as much info as you can about the car in the thread.

also seen places of people putting forged 318 truck cranks in a 340, im assuming that means they share the same stroke and journal sizes? and just to keep this on topic with out the bickering, ive got J heads on my 360 that is just mild build with kb hyper pistons and around 9.75:1. no machine shop level porting or polishing, just a gasket match on the exhaust ports that i did my self, running hydraulic lifter set up, non roller, worth it to do some port and polish work with out going to a roller valve train or pointless to do one with out the other on iron heads?

There is a belief out there that the 318 FORGED truck crank is stronger than the the OEM 340 crank...

The fellas recomended you a few place to get a custom cam, in which the big manufatures also do this service.

A cam is also matched with the cars weight and gear ratio/tire size and a converter has to also match up if it is an auto trans car. The converter can be made to order to fit the package later or togther.

The other way I select a cam is by the equipment being used on the engine and the intended purpose of the car/engine.

You have an intake that operates in the 1500 - 6500 RPM range.
What about the rest of the engine parts and the car itself?

This is worthy of it's own thread.
(Hint hint hint)

Do include as much info as you can about the car in the thread.

new thread started! thanks for your input.

Do the RHS Indy heads use 8mm, 5/16, or 11/32 valve stems??

Can they be honed to use 11/32 valve stems?

Just trying to figure out what valves these heads use...

There is a belief out there that the 318 FORGED truck crank is stronger than the the OEM 340 crank...

There was a crank called a 318-3 crank that was suppose to be the best factory part as far as cranks go. Shepard mentioned it in one of the old books. So you are correct!:)

I do not know how much stronger, and I would imagine the week link would still be the 2 bolt block and main caps at that point anyway...

The block can handle 700++ no problem...main cap girdle, good balanced forged crank/rotating assembly.

The block can handle 700++ no problem...main cap girdle, good balanced forged crank/rotating assembly.

i have a friend with a paxton supercharger on an EFI magnum in a truck.
It's making over 700hp at the wheels so this claim is not unrealistic.

-
Back