Lost my temper today.

-
I vowed to watch my anger after I knocked out the Cub Scout den mother's asshole son front teeth at age 13. They promptly threw me out of the Cubs or was I promoted to the Boy Scouts, don't remember.

Are we related? I got kicked out of the Cub Scouts because I threw the den mother's kid - who was a raging asshole and bully - into a big clump of cactus. Funny how that worked out, he never bothered me again.

This is an interesting thread. Despite my launching said asshole kid into the cactus, I have a very long slow temper that is easy to keep under control. But I get the stories above. We all have our demons to deal with...

I get mad at people from time to time. They can call me any name in the book and I won't react. But if you touch me during this time, muscle memory kicks in along with adrenaline and it is on. All the old training comes to the front of my mind and I'm having fun I haven't had since I was in my late 20s taking combat karate and kick boxing. We use to beat the crap out of each other all in good fun of course.

It takes a hell of a lot to get me to the point of throwing a punch, and I will not throw the first one. At 6 ft 7 inches and close to 300 lbs, when my fist makes solid contact, the other guy doesn't typically come back for more. Haven't had occasion to punch anyone in decades now, the last guy that thought he was tough enough was KO'd with one shot. I was always more likely to break up a fight than be involved in one, and these days I just avoid idiots as much as possible.

It takes a hell of a lot to get me to the point of throwing a punch, and I will not throw the first one. At 6 ft 7 inches and close to 300 lbs, when my fist makes solid contact, the other guy doesn't typically come back for more. Haven't had occasion to punch anyone in decades now, the last guy that thought he was tough enough was KO'd with one shot. I was always more likely to break up a fight than be involved in one, and these days I just avoid idiots as much as possible.
I agree totally with you Randy.
You are very much a ''gentle giant'', and that's a good thing.
We couldn't be much more opposite in stature though.
I'm 5'5'' and about 210.
Let's just say I've won more fights in my past than lost, and mostly with guys that were much taller than me.
And mostly over playing pool at the bars.
I was pretty good, and a lot of guys thought I was a hustler.
Even though I rarely played for money, I guess most people don't like to lose with 6 balls left on the table.....

^^^^^^^I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts for eating Brownies......
You and Dahmer both
For Dahmer it would have been Boy Scouts'

Knuckle busters and hitting my head have always been triggers for me, bleeding didn't matter because the rage always hurt more.

At about 15 years old I threw a 10" straight bladed screwdriver at a lawnmower I was working on because I had stabbed my hand by accident. The screwdriver of course impaled the gas tank, went threw the top and out the bottom, I look down at it and the dam things just sticking out there laughing at me. Still have the screwdriver, mower is long gone.

Done my share of punching and kicking inanimate objects, 4x4 posts, car fenders, block walls, throwing bicycles, push lawnmowers, concrete blocks even launched a wooden broom a hundred foot up into a tree(yes it's still up there)

Last go I kicked/ejected the neighbors large trash can across his yard, Then I found out he has monitored surveillance. He called me the next day from a tug boat he captains in the North Atlantic and very calmly said "Don't ever step foot on my property again". I talk to him and his wife all the time now and boy do I feel stupid.

Last edited:
Last time I lost my temper I was in my 20's in a bar with a former girlfriend and her gay brother Mark, guy was a hoot, this asshole no one seemed to know was relentlessly harassing Mark and I asked him to knock it off, he didn't so I broke his jaw, everyone cheered, I also broke my hand and had to go to the Hospital and get a cast put on, we came back the next day and I got a bunch of free beers, don't know what happened to asshole, never seen the guy again.

I used to get mad all the time, but I left the stupid city & live in the middle of apple orchards now.
Not much to get mad at, maybe one of my male cats marking a spot with piss.
Back 10 years ago when I was a street homeless ****** addict I spent most of my abnormal behaviors, I had to be purified by being humbled before I changed (slowly).
My temper will get me nowhere good, it's still there just takes alot to unleash

Honestly tho.

Its not worth being angry.
That will just hurt your soul.

I hate the actions. Not the person.

. Anger which can turn into rage comes with a lifetime of dealing with people hating you, judging you and treating you like a piece of ****.

This is the real deal.

This is very well said and something worth looking into in all of us.
Yessir. Not Healthy....

-
Back