Manual choke location

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Got a holley 750 that wants a manual choke,thanks to Rustyratrod it is happening:glasses7: looking for some suggestions to mount the pull cable on the dash on my 69 Dart.

Right beside the Map Light Switch (if you have one). Or between the Map Light & Rear Defroster/Defogger Switches (if you have both)

That's where I usually mount the manual choke (if I'm using one), and it seems to be the most common spot I've seen others mount it too.

You can buy a electric upgrade from Holley.

When I did run a manual choke I usually mounted it below the dash, in line with the key.

Keep in mind that you are going to need to reach it with your left hand if your key is on the right.
I put a manual on my car right after I got it, and mounted it on one of the column cover screws just to the left of the column.
Worked out well there because it was easy to reach, out of the way, and I didn't have to mod anything to mount it there.

Keep in mind that you are going to need to reach it with your left hand if your key is on the right.
I put a manual on my car right after I got it, and mounted it on one of the column cover screws just to the left of the column.
Worked out well there because it was easy to reach, out of the way, and I didn't have to mod anything to mount it there.

Now that sound good do you have a pick.Thanksssssssssssssss.

If it were mine, I would probably use the location of the factory convertible top switch!.....which would be off to the right of that flasher switch right there. Use the factory round bezel and chrome knob on the cable.

39239094-photo+2.JPG

The thing that concerns me is the routing.years back i bought a cheep cable,it broke,this time i ordered a Holley one.

The thing that concerns me is the routing.years back i bought a cheep cable,it broke,this time i ordered a Holley one.

Sorry, I don't have a picture.
Mine crossed over the steering column and exited the cabin right behind the distributor through a body plug and connected to the carb.
It had very little resistance and worked well.
I HATE cables that are in a bind and hard to move.

I also sprayed it with silicone and ran it through a section of vacuum line to keep it clean and working smooth.

Sorry, I don't have a picture.
Mine crossed over the steering column and exited the cabin right behind the distributor through a body plug and connected to the carb.
It had very little resistance and worked well.
I HATE cables that are in a bind and hard to move.

I also sprayed it with silicone and ran it through a section of vacuum line to keep it clean and working smooth.

Sweet i like the vacume line tip.whats the best way to cut the coil off the line.

If you mean to shorten the casing I just used a small pair of dikes and was carefull not to crush a coil and have it get in the way of the wire.
A moto tool works good, but you should wash the debris off the cable housing after, then reassemble it.

Is this the hole you were talking about TrailBeast?

That should work fine also, but the one I used is up higher and pretty much right in the center of the motor.
It has about 2 inch plastic cap in the hole, but yours may not have it.
Just run the cable with as gentle of curves in it as possible.

That should work fine also, but the one I used is up higher and pretty much right in the center of the motor.
It has about 2 inch plastic cap in the hole, but yours may not have it.
Just run the cable with as gentle of curves in it as possible.

ok will do:burnout:

I mounted mine in the location of the lighter in the ash tray. Its nice because its concealed when pushed in.

Attachments

• choke.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 250
If I remember correctly there is an insulation plug that I was able to run it almost directly to the carb. Very few bends in the path. :)

Subscribed. I bought a manual choke 800 cfm Edelbrock for my new 408 and this is one of the things that has been in the back of my mind. Summit sells several different manual choke kits and I have been wondering which to use?!?

Well i installed it just to the left of column,work good.

Stubby wants to know if you're happy with everything. He says if not, tough crap. But I am a little more forgiving than he is.

Attachments

• Stubby and Nappy One 004.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 184
-
Back