Massive oil leaks.

-
So this guy either bites his nails or trims them with sidecuts

Attachments

• image-75727488.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 368
Just ordered a vacuum set up from GZmotorsports. They think a pump will solve the leaks.

I installed their VP104 Pump kit on my small block a few months ago. It works well but it was not a bolt on deal. I had to customize, cut, chop & rebuild the mandrel and pump bracket. You can see the install in my Scamp thread in my signature if you want for reference.

No ofense, but if you have a ring sealing issue - fix the ring sealing issue, don't band aid it. (not referring to you Mad...) The leakdown says the rings aren't sealing well. It's probably a simple matter to replace them, deglaze, and be done permanently. Go back to page 3 where I suggested it was a ring sealing issue.

No ofense, but if you have a ring sealing issue - fix the ring sealing issue, don't band aid it. (not referring to you Mad...) The leakdown says the rings aren't sealing well. It's probably a simple matter to replace them, deglaze, and be done permanently. Go back to page 3 where I suggested it was a ring sealing issue.

if I were you, I`d break the glaze on the cyl. and put a set of gapless rings in it !

Yeah, when I said only way out .... I should have said without a complete tear down & re ring. Pretty sure he was on the way to the vac pump before my post.

This engine will make 800hp +, a VAc pump is still a good idea. Sherman usually runs the GZ pumps on most of his high HP builds.

Yeah, when I said only way out .... I should have said without a complete tear down & re ring. Pretty sure he was on the way to the vac pump before my post. This engine will make 800hp +, a VAc pump is still a good idea. Sherman usually runs the GZ pumps on most of his high HP builds.
Complete tear down on a brand new Joe Sherman build? I think I will call my cousin Vinny and see what he thinks. LOL.

Any chance these rings just need more time to seat? Here's the build sheet. Got 50k in this car and can't drive it around the block without popping a seal. By the way this is a street build and Joe never mentioned running an evac pump. BIll at GZ says this pump will stop the leaks. Now I just need to figure out how to make it fit. View attachment image-2502258795.jpg

But even with blow-by,, you have some restriction stopping the blow by getting out,, like a single breather,, that creates the pressure in the crankcase,,,

Can we see a pic of how you have it vented,, did you change anything since your original "Massive" thread..

I'm not disaggreeing with it perhaps needing rings,, but it won't pop seals if there another place for the pressure to go.. so add another breather, and hope the rings seat better,

Did you feel pressure when you put your finger/hand over the PCV hole??

Ooops - this is the Massive thread,, get mixed up with you running 2 threads about the same thing..

So,, at the start of this thread you have a pic with a single filler cap,, is that a breather, no PCV, have you added another breather and /or pcv. ???

Attachments

• image-1557332995.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 225
With all the things going on with this engine it would be interesting to do a tear down to see IF Sherman actually used any of the parts on the build sheet. I would tend to think that he did not.

Some good info mixed in with the shyte here , my stroker has leaked a little oil since the day I got it , found the builder used RTV just about everywhere a gasket should go , found nothing at all behind the oil filter plate , I believe most of these builders are locked in the race program mind set , their motors run a season and get torn down for a refresh so you don't need the longevity of an actual gasket and a hairy magnetic plug is nothing to worry about , heck mine picked up a mound of particles for the first year and a half . RTV is a great product but does it really maintain itself for 5-10 years ? My leak has gotten worse and I am wondering what shyte I will find when i get this thing apart for a refresh this winter .

PS Has Mad Dart sent you the payment yet ?

Some good info mixed in with the shyte here , my stroker has leaked a little oil since the day I got it , found the builder used RTV just about everywhere a gasket should go , found nothing at all behind the oil filter plate , I believe most of these builders are locked in the race program mind set , their motors run a season and get torn down for a refresh so you don't need the longevity of an actual gasket and a hairy magnetic plug is nothing to worry about , heck mine picked up a mound of particles for the first year and a half . RTV is a great product but does it really maintain itself for 5-10 years ? My leak has gotten worse and I am wondering what shyte I will find when i get this thing apart for a refresh this winter .

PS Has Mad Dart sent you the payment yet ?

Sorry I couldn't resist! haaaaaa

View attachment 1546193_10204194137107127_2199383202913263173_n.jpg

HAHa hey an mans only as good as his word bro , meet me on the corner of Douglas and Hillside and we'll race for it , My motor was built by the same guy as yours !

But even with blow-by,, you have some restriction stopping the blow by getting out,, like a single breather,, that creates the pressure in the crankcase,,, Can we see a pic of how you have it vented,, did you change anything since your original "Massive" thread.. I'm not disaggreeing with it perhaps needing rings,, but it won't pop seals if there another place for the pressure to go.. so add another breather, and hope the rings seat better, Did you feel pressure when you put your finger/hand over the PCV hole?? Ooops - this is the Massive thread,, get mixed up with you running 2 threads about the same thing.. So,, at the start of this thread you have a pic with a single filler cap,, is that a breather, no PCV, have you added another breather and /or pcv. ???[/QUOTE

Tried 2 breathers also tried PCV and breather. I now know why the oil gets dirty so quickly on Sherman's builds. Build em loose is all he cares about. Make power in the dyno. The GZ guy says it's to big of an engine and too loose not to have a pump.

-
Back