Missed on this combo?

-
Good luck on that one...lol

IMG_1059.JPG

it's not the ideal header but it did the job. honestly what would i have gained in power, 5 more?

LOL...i guess after blowing through two sets of heads...a little gasket mismatch wont hurt anything...

I have a set of closed chamber W2 heads with MP 1.5 rockers with shafts and stands. Also have a W2 strip dominator. The heads have the dual bolt pattern so you can use your headers. I'd be willing to let YR look them over if you are interested. If you are interested you can send me a PM.
Interested! PM'D ya.

I wish you would let me do a set of W-2's for that engine. I'd use my valve job, port work including the intake manifold and I'd pick the cam and see what it does. Me thinks I could do 650-660 pretty easy. And the torque would come back.

Here's the deal...you find the parts, I do the work for free. Including plenty of bench time.

Let me know. I'm dead serious. And I'll do it with a valve no bigger than a 2.055. May even be a bit smaller like 2.040 or something. And probably a 1.50-1.55 exhaust valve. If it didn't make 650 I'd buy all the **** back from you. Plus, I'd like to fly out to the dyno test. If possible.

Let me know. I'm ready.
Ah oh. I think I'm ready. I know NOTHING about the whole W2 thing other than they can make power. I sent a PM to Mr ebigga67. Need to see what he has.

I guess for sure I'm going to need a closed chamber since I just can't swap pistons, too. Headers, if I have to switch, I will. They MAY be an issue for my dyno guy, too. He doesn't have W2 headers.

Can you get me up to par, as far as all the variations they had? Maybe which ones will work for me...

The only thing I think I know for sure is I want to run the Victor 340. I think.

I'm in. If you still are.

BASIC W2 BREAKDOWN

There were many variations of the W2 head. And generations to a degree I guess you could say.

A basic break down is the standard 59* and then the 48*. Econo version and the race version. The econo version is just as able in power production as the race head. It has cast in pedestal for the rocker shafts and the race version uses stands. The come in standard spring height for regular length valves and 2 inch spring height for the long valves.

The last run has extra meat around the end lower bolt holes. The prior generation has extra meat as well but not around the end /bottom bolt holes. The first gen has no extra meat on the lower half.

Rocker gear is available from many sources in 1.5 or 1.6 ratio. Mechanical, roller, aluminum or Stainless steel.

The head can make great power and loves large lifts.

Speaking of W2's I have linked the 416 I built with W2's and Victor 34o W2 intake manifold. @ 4000 rpm I observed 520+ ft/lbs which is almost 100 ft/lbs more than the OP's engine. I have a few ideas on why this engine is lacking and how I'd correct it.

416 W2 on the dyno w/cam swap

Maybe our resident grapher STIXX could graph both of these out and display that here? Paging STIXX. J.RobView attachment 1715050150

View attachment 1715050151
Now those are some numbers! I'm sold on this W2 thing, for sure now.

Steve Dulich did a pair of (maybe more I don't remember fully) W2 builds. A 408 tunnel ram at 600-ish HP area.
The 4bbl. rendition was 580's *I think*

Look through some OLD Mopar Muscle rags.

Here ya go guys... at special request of RAMM.

The extension of the curves a bit further down is mere graphical speculation on my part. I've seen the roller coaster behavior of the curve (414) many times on big-cammed, single-planed engines.

Now I am all ears.

mopar_sb_comparo.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck on that one...lol

View attachment 1715050294

The RHS heads also have the standard/W2 exh pattern. Just like that picture the center two port were the most off. Had to trim the stock gasket, and grind slight on the header weld. I noticed this problem when i pull the eng back out for a freeze plug leaking problem.
Back on the track it didn't change the ET or mph. so it might not change much. my port is a standard port and them are a w2 port,might make a difference.
0716161834.jpg
0716161909.jpg

Harland Sharp make the least expensive w2 rockers these days at about 1 grand. There are a couple of sets of mp rockers on eBay for 650 with no shafts or stands
Shafts are 150 each..stands are 100 bucks
.and you need New push rods

The HS. are a complete set

Harland Sharp make the least expensive w2 rockers these days at about 1 grand. There are a couple of sets of mp rockers on eBay for 650 with no shafts or stands
Shafts are 150 each..stands are 100 bucks
.and you need New push rods

The HS. are a complete set
Man that is expensive for the Harland's
Really would to build a "large headed " 408 but that's tough to get past

Tha
Man that is expensive for the Harland's
Really would to build a "large headed " 408 but that's tough to get past
That's why you buy a COMPLETE running setup, much cheaper than trying to peice it together one part at a time

this is my dyno sheet from my w2's that flowed 285 cfm. this was using LA headers also. 1-7/8 TTI's

IMG_1761.JPG

Last edited:
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Is this the Aspen with the tunnel ram dual carb ?...

yes it was in my black R/T.

X block, 4.125'' Molner crank, Diamond pistons (13.8 comp), custom grind solid roller (662/653 lift 278/288 @50 dur), W2's, Holley Pro Dom tunnel ram with 2- 650's. LA TTI headers.

i only did a few passes. off the trailer it did 10.76 @ 126 mph. 60' was crap with best of 1.55. usually 1.60. car was 3800 lbs. i did no tuning at all. i wish i would have had time to tune, as i think 10.40/10.50's would have been possible. i never touched the timing or played with the carbs.

Here ya go guys... at special request of RAMM.

The extension of the curves a bit further down is mere graphical speculation on my part. I've seen the roller coaster behavior of the curve (414) many times on big-cammed, single-planed engines.

Now I am all ears.

View attachment 1715050437

Wow, this graph really shows you the difference. It's pretty friggin big....

W2 W2 W2, man I can't sleep. What about my roller lifters? I heard valve covers are different....seems odd.
How about my PAC valve springs?

Looking at a pretty complete deal from one of our guys, but trying to think of any other expense I'm forgetting.

Oh yeah. Anyone know if a W2 Strip Dominator is taller than a Super Victor?

-
Back