Missed on this combo?

-
Roller lifters work fine, just need correct length pushrods. Valve covers are the same

yes it was in my black R/T.

X block, 4.125'' Molner crank, Diamond pistons (13.8 comp), custom grind solid roller (662/653 lift 278/288 @50 dur), W2's, Holley Pro Dom tunnel ram with 2- 650's. LA TTI headers.

i only did a few passes. off the trailer it did 10.76 @ 126 mph. 60' was crap with best of 1.55. usually 1.60. car was 3800 lbs. i did no tuning at all. i wish i would have had time to tune, as i think 10.40/10.50's would have been possible. i never touched the timing or played with the carbs.

i sold this engine last year. it runs 133 mph in a better set up chassis and the car is 3400 lbs.

Well my W2 quest is now off the shelf, for awhile. We just got nailed with some real big expensive crap here at home.

Pretty pissed off but just glad everything happened in the right timeline. If I would have threw 3 grand at this engine a week ago, I'd be in deep s@#t right now.

I was pretty damn excited about it and as usual I got the rug pulled out from under me. Story of my life.

I forgot to publicly thank Yellow Rose. What a hell of a guy to offer up his time and knowledge for this project. He has offered many times to flow my heads, check this and that.....

Not many people around like that anymore. Period.

Well, hopefully I can get back to it in the fall. I'm friggin knocking on wood.

You should be thanking Rod for being a stand up guy most shops would have said you bought them there yours

You should be thanking Rod for being a stand up guy most shops would have said you bought them there yours
Think I took care of that already. On 2 forums.

The more I think about it though, and I've said it before....you probably shouldn't sell something that has not even been tested. Blame myself more than anyone for actually BUYING something that has never been tested. I'm not even a businessman and I wouldn't dream of selling an unproven product until I had some cold, hard facts.

So him being the good guy he is, he refunded me. Don't know if this thread nudged him to do so or not. The Internet is a powerful advertising aid. Personally, I think he HAD to do the right thing.

On my end, I can't believe I did something so stupid. Yep. I got a refund on the heads. That's really cool. Did lose my time, labor, gasket, and DYNO money. Lesson learned.

I thought I would just address a few things to hopefully put all of this into better perspective. First of all, though these heads are very high quality and I know they have the potential to be a real asset to all of us small block Mopar guys, I want to be clear that, in their current state, they did not perform as I expected in this particular application. We have already started looking at possible ways to modify the current program/valve job. It is my goal to offer cylinder heads that exceed expectations and I will do what it takes to achieve that.

With that being said, I do want to touch on a few things that have been said in this and another forum. First of all, I did have multiple conversations with Mike before selling him these heads. He was aware of the issue I had with the dyno while testing and I made it very clear several times that I could not promise that these would make the hp & torque he was after. I did tell him he could flow them, check them out as much as he wanted, show them to his engine builder, etc, and if he did not feel comfortable with using them for any reason, I would take them back and refund his money in full. However, if he bolted them on, they were his. I was trying to be as fair as possible. He decided to purchase a set and then asked me to take a personal check and ship them before it cleared. That is obviously not a wise business decision and not something I normally do but in good faith, I took him at his word and shipped the heads before the check cleared. I do feel somewhat like my character is being questioned because he now has to wait a few days for my check to reach him. I assumed that the "good faith" would work both ways. Brett received the returned heads on Tuesday, May 9th at his work place. He brought them home that night, checked them over for damage, and let me know they were good. I wrote a check and sent it out the next morning, Wednesday, May 10th. I not only covered the cost of the heads, but shipping both ways (and now shipping to send his spring locators back to him as they were left on the heads). I do not know what more I can do to make this right. I believe I have gone above and beyond to do so. Did he ask Hughes for his money back after their heads did not perform to his standards? No he did not because everyone knows, this is not a common practice in our industry (and he would not have received any money back).

I do want to thank Brett for working with me and everything that he has done to help me reach my goals. I do not want this to be any kind of a bad reflection on him. I take full responsibility for this. These are my heads, and my business. So no excuses, I am moving forward and you can expect that when these are fine tuned, I will have a better overall product and will learn from this. "If you think you know everything, you'll never learn anything".

One last thing is that I'd like to thank everyone that has called, texted, emailed, and given me words of encouragement and support. It is VERY much appreciated! You are the reason I continue to do this.

Rod

Thought this needed to be here also to show everything that Rod did. Stand up business man for sure.

just going to quote 67dartgtw9 so it's easier to see that he is quoting rod bloomer from a post from another forum...

Rod Bloomer via Moparts said:
I thought I would just address a few things to hopefully put all of this into better perspective. First of all, though these heads are very high quality and I know they have the potential to be a real asset to all of us small block Mopar guys, I want to be clear that, in their current state, they did not perform as I expected in this particular application. We have already started looking at possible ways to modify the current program/valve job. It is my goal to offer cylinder heads that exceed expectations and I will do what it takes to achieve that.

With that being said, I do want to touch on a few things that have been said in this and another forum. First of all, I did have multiple conversations with Mike before selling him these heads. He was aware of the issue I had with the dyno while testing and I made it very clear several times that I could not promise that these would make the hp & torque he was after. I did tell him he could flow them, check them out as much as he wanted, show them to his engine builder, etc, and if he did not feel comfortable with using them for any reason, I would take them back and refund his money in full. However, if he bolted them on, they were his. I was trying to be as fair as possible. He decided to purchase a set and then asked me to take a personal check and ship them before it cleared. That is obviously not a wise business decision and not something I normally do but in good faith, I took him at his word and shipped the heads before the check cleared. I do feel somewhat like my character is being questioned because he now has to wait a few days for my check to reach him. I assumed that the "good faith" would work both ways. Brett received the returned heads on Tuesday, May 9th at his work place. He brought them home that night, checked them over for damage, and let me know they were good. I wrote a check and sent it out the next morning, Wednesday, May 10th. I not only covered the cost of the heads, but shipping both ways (and now shipping to send his spring locators back to him as they were left on the heads). I do not know what more I can do to make this right. I believe I have gone above and beyond to do so. Did he ask Hughes for his money back after their heads did not perform to his standards? No he did not because everyone knows, this is not a common practice in our industry (and he would not have received any money back).

I do want to thank Brett for working with me and everything that he has done to help me reach my goals. I do not want this to be any kind of a bad reflection on him. I take full responsibility for this. These are my heads, and my business. So no excuses, I am moving forward and you can expect that when these are fine tuned, I will have a better overall product and will learn from this. "If you think you know everything, you'll never learn anything".

One last thing is that I'd like to thank everyone that has called, texted, emailed, and given me words of encouragement and support. It is VERY much appreciated! You are the reason I continue to do this.

Rod

Thought this needed to be here also to show everything that Rod did. Stand up business man for sure.

Well I'm so done with whole situation, but I'd like to make it clear that shipping was covered only back to Mr Miller(ONE way) and I placed a postage PAID, addressed envelope in the box to send my locators back. I didn't want to risk damaging their guides getting the seals off.

I nor anyone that I know of has ever questioned Rod Bloomers character. Don't know how many friggin times I have to say that...........

I certainly see a defensive mode here from the other party involved and I don't know why. Just let it go, man. I sure have.

Well I'm so done with whole situation, but I'd like to make it clear that shipping was covered only back to Mr Miller(ONE way) and I placed a postage PAID, addressed envelope in the box to send my locators back. I didn't want to risk damaging their guides getting the seals off.

I nor anyone that I know of has ever questioned Rod Bloomers character. Don't know how many friggin times I have to say that...........

I certainly see a defensive mode here from the other party involved and I don't know why. Just let it go, man. I sure have.

We can let it go until it's time to do those W-2's. Then we'll pick it up from there.

Fun times ahead (hopefully).

Take care Mike.

I'm only replying to this to make sure people understand that I paid Mike every dime he spent with me. As for the spring locators being left on the heads, I only found out today that he placed a postage paid envelope in the box. For that I thank him, as I was going to have to reimburse Brett for the return shipping.

BPE Heads = $2125 Bare plus shipping (pretty sure this is easy to find)
Shipping from BPE to Mike = $50
Check from Mike = $2175
Shipping from Mike to Brett = $29.84
Check from BPE to Mike = $2204.84

Hope this clears up some confusion.

Rod

I don't think anyone was confused.. I'm pretty sure it's posted multiple times that you paid him back. It keeps getting brought up by people trying to kick a dead horse or they're fanboys.

Hope the W2's kick some *** when you get things situated Mike!

Rod, some people can not read and/or comprehend correctly.

OH! P.S. Keep us here @ FABO updated on your heads!

"I'd like to make it clear that shipping was covered only back to Mr Miller(ONE way)"

How else would someone take this statement from Mike that is posted above?

Rod

There is always people that are going to keep the unnecessary bull **** flowing, they seem to get enjoyment from others misfortune, in other words they Suck, their lives usually Suck too. Just ignore them they eventually go away and bother someone else. I have faith in Ironmike, he will get things sorted out and be happy. He has more determination than most. I like others have also learned a lot following this post. Thank You.

Jeff

"I'd like to make it clear that shipping was covered only back to Mr Miller(ONE way)"

How else would someone take this statement from Mike that is posted above?

Rod
Holy Crap, you are absolutely right, Rod! I apologize for that. Didn't even realize you covered it both ways. That was not necessary, but thanks.

I really do wish you the best on the head project. A guy like you certainly deserves it.

Holy Crap, you are absolutely right, Rod! I apologize for that. Didn't even realize you covered it both ways. That was not necessary, but thanks.

I really do wish you the best on the head project. A guy like you certainly deserves it.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

Rod

We are moving forward.

Rod

I believe Mike got the 205 heads? Were you also having "problems" with the 220 heads? And when you say problems do you just mean they aren't making quite the power you are expecting them too?

I'm glad you are keeping with it. Mopar needs more aftermarket heads. Especially small block. Don't pay attention to a lot of the criticism and **** you see in this forum. A lot of it is from guys who have never had to develop their own products. Or don't have experience in the real world of racing, where sometimes things just don't work out the way they should. So keep with it. I'm keeping a close eye on them!

Mike, I have a simple question, and it certainly can just be an erroneous heading....but the first post dyno sheet shows the intake pressure in pounds not inches of Hg. Can
You verify that it was just incorrectly noted, or not?

Mike, I have a simple question, and it certainly can just be an erroneous heading....but the first post dyno sheet shows the intake pressure in pounds not inches of Hg. Can
You verify that it was just incorrectly noted, or not?
See that on all my dyno sheets. Old and newer. I don't think it's an Hg type reading. I believe it's a PSI thing, but I honestly don't know. Look to me like its a negative number. I know it isn't erroneous whatever it means. It's a DTS dyno. There are many readings you can choose to be in those columns. That's just my guy's preference, I guess.

-
Back