Missed on this combo?

-
Good god man, I don't know what the chassis figures were, it was said that they found more power after tuning the car, over there BASELINE chassis pull. This is AFTER the 540 flywheel pull done at the engine shop.

So what you're saying. Is that you're not actually sure what happened. Ok got it.

If I remember correctly, seems like maybe it was 390 something to the tires, and 420 or so after tuning...

Dude, I'm done arguing with you, you are having a impossible time grasping what I'm saying. I have a personal beef with exaggerated dyno numbers, especially when there nothing but a sales tool....YOU suggested a product by someone as the OPs possible solution, who was the worst at claiming figures that don't jive.

Dude, I'm done arguing with you, you are having a impossible time grasping what I'm saying. I have a personal beef with exaggerated dyno numbers, especially when there nothing but a sales tool....YOU suggested a product by someone as the OPs possible solution, who was the worst at claiming figures that don't jive.

I grasp what you are saying. You don't have any proof of inflated dyno numbers. I understand.

I hate inflated dyno numbers too. But personally I'd rather have proof they are inflated before I call someone out and potentially ruin potential business. I've seen you make posts about MRL before saying the same thing. And each time you didn't offer proof. So this time I thought I'd hold your feet to the fire.

I grasp what you are saying. You don't have any proof of inflated dyno numbers. I understand.

I hate inflated dyno numbers too. But personally I'd rather have proof they are inflated before I call someone out and potentially ruin potential business. I've seen you make posts about MRL before saying the same thing. And each time you didn't offer proof. So this time I thought I'd hold your feet to the fire.

There are plenty of folks on this site who have "big hp" MRL motors that have under performed at the track (Low MPH for said dyno hp). They tend to not say much when these pissing contests happen. I'm not sure why. I wish they would pipe up more. I can only assume they're happy telling their buddies how much hp they have, but don't actually ever take them to the track.

It's nothing new though. Seems like every small block Chevy at the local cruise-in makes 450 hp. And they've got a dyno graph from the builder to prove it, but the best the can pull at the track is 105mph. LOL

There are plenty of folks on this site who have "big hp" MRL motors that have under performed at the track (Low MPH for said dyno hp). They tend to not say much when these pissing contests happen. I'm not sure why. I wish they would pipe up more. I can only assume they're happy telling their buddies how much hp they have, but don't actually ever take them to the track.

It's nothing new though. Seems like every small block Chevy at the local cruise-in makes 450 hp. And they've got a dyno graph from the builder to prove it, but the best the can pull at the track is 105mph. LOL

Then how come replica is the only guy I've seen say it? And it's not even his car....

I've seen lots of guys be super happy with what they got.

Then how come replica is the only guy I've seen say it? And it's not even his car....

I've seen lots of guys be super happy with what they got.
Because at one time, I TO was impressed by the big numbers from that shop, and when I saw the actual performance of the first car with a MRL engine, it made me curious. So I searched out those builds, watched what they ran, and noticed a very obvious fact....and ill say in my opinion guys are happy cause the engine runs good, doesn't blow up ect, but most people don't wanna admit there engine is 100 or more HP away from what they were told.

Don't worry Mike. looks like there is a few people that will keep this thread warm.
Mike, i can't wait for the full details. glad this thread, as well as your eng build, didn't come to a screeching halt.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You know you have to come on ones a month......even if it's just to say....... :steering: or maybe:bs_flag::D

And to put everything in perspective, the OP didn't meet his expected goal, with heads that were very hyped up elsewhere, and I admire his sticking to the build and keeping us updated....

Wow, I actually just read all this because I though mike updated the thread. argue in YOUR PM's

Well my opinion is a lot of builders definitely inflate numbers. Sometimes I wonder if the dyno sheet is even from THAT particular motor.

I love seeing those 600 HP builds with an Airgap and .520 lift cam. I hate to admit it but some of his more recent builds looked a little suspicious to me. Not hatin', just sayin'.

I've said it before but you spend a few hours dyno time and you get a real healthy respect for how hard it is to make power.

Most pump gas engine are gonna fall I the 1.7-1.9 hp per cfm you dont see too many that hit the 2 hp per cfm unless there supporting 14:1 plus cr and 260@ 0.50 plus.

The cams and cr that seem to support the 1.7-1.9 seem to be in the 9:1-13:1 and 230-260.

I didn't read this whole thread but didn't see anyone say anything about the cr isn't 11.4:1 pretty low for that cam wouldn't another point or so in cr bring the numbers up 20-30 hp/lbs-ft?

And ain't that cam a little huge for 300 cfm ish head ?

Man I hate dragging this 10,000 word post back to life but I did want to update.
My guy called today and all the new heads need done is a valve job. He ported them by hand and all I know is they look "real nice" and should flow better than my Hughes disasters or the Bloomers. He did tell me he had to tube the headbolt holes. He also matched up a Victor 340 this time, instead of the Super Victor.

All else will remain the same, I guess. I know a few of you guys felt the cam is wrong and that really bugs me. Just hate like hell pulling the front end and pan. BUT I'm certainly up for revised thoughts on that issue, so please feel free to chime in..

Hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks, I'll have some new dyno sheets to post. Good or bad.......you'll see it here.:thumbsup:

Mike, I’m just glad your stickin with it.
True grit and determination!
He’s of luck and wishes for you!

Cool! Glad to see you're still at it!
Have lots of question but will, be patient, and wait for the dyno pull......:poke::p:D

Man I hate dragging this 10,000 word post back to life but I did want to update.
My guy called today and all the new heads need done is a valve job. He ported them by hand and all I know is they look "real nice" and should flow better than my Hughes disasters or the Bloomers. He did tell me he had to tube the headbolt holes. He also matched up a Victor 340 this time, instead of the Super Victor.

All else will remain the same, I guess. I know a few of you guys felt the cam is wrong and that really bugs me. Just hate like hell pulling the front end and pan. BUT I'm certainly up for revised thoughts on that issue, so please feel free to chime in..

Hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks, I'll have some new dyno sheets to post. Good or bad.......you'll see it here.:thumbsup:

What type of heads are these? Can you share any info?

Cool, will follow this for sure. thanks for sharing the information, Mike!

Did anybody hear anything about the progress on BPE Heads since then?

Michael

The heads are New, bare bones Edelbrocks. He's kinda doing as a personal project rather than a shop thing because they do not HAND port heads anymore. Good guy.

I have heard nothing about the Bloomers. Might be something over on Moparts but I doubt it. Bret Miller said somewhere over here that he would update us. Rod Bloomer told me they were just dropping the whole program. So.......who knows....

Thanks for the support!

-
Back