Mopar Beginner

-

kato

Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to Mopars I have wasted over forty years building Chevy's and some Fords. I just bought a 1932 Plymouth PB coupe that had been put in a barn in the late fifties. It is an all steel body and runs good for it age. I want to build a nice street rod. I am going to keep everything on this car Mopar. EVERYTHING. I just got all the parts to build a 340 six pack to put in it. I have a 8.25 sure grip rear end for it that has the same spacing for the springs as the original rear end has. I want to be able to drive this car all over the US but still have a strong running car. I am still not sure what to do about the Transmission but I did get a 904 and was thinking that if I put in a shift kit and small stall that it would work. I will need all your help in building this car right. I think that if I put in a push buttom from say a 1962 63 Dodge pickup that it would be cool. I have 1942 Plymouth tail lights for it. Not sure what I can do for the front turn signals yet but maybe one of you can help me with it. I am going to post a few pictures of the coupe so everyone can look at it and maybe give me some help. I want to thank you all for letting me part of your forum. Oh by the way not sure if you would call it an A-body or not?

Welcome aboard kato! This is definetly a great site to be a member on! Lots of help and info on here.

John

Welcome to FABO, Kato, from just a little further south (North OC, SoCal). You're going to have fun here.
How can we not welcome someone who admits to "wasted over forty years building Chevys and some Fords"?
Early Mopar tin makes great street rods. I commend you for keeping your '32 all-Mopar. No sense cutting the value by putting one of those cookie-cutter bowtie drivetrains in there.
Here's some pics of one of our Inland Mopars club members gorgeous '37 Plymouth 2-door slantback from our club display at the 2011 Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona earlier this year. It's also all-Mopar with a 383/727 combo. He's building a new engine that should be in shortly as he's planning to drive it to MATS in Las Vegas in less than 4 weeks.
I have some thoughts on your front turn signals (let me see if I can find what I'm looking for on the web).

Attachments

• GNRS2011009_edited (Small).JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 178
  • GNRS2011010_edited (Small).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 198
  • GNRS2011011_edited (Small).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 185
  • GNRS2011012_edited (Small).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 187
  • GNRS2011013_edited (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 192
welcome from South Texas. Lots of info and mopar knowledge here, sounds like a sweet project.

Welcome Kato!
Unfortunately the '32 doesn't fall into the A body category, but I'll forgive you.
I'm working on a '38 Dodge pickup myself, that I want to cruise all over the place as well, but I'm kinda in a undecided mode right now. I have a '58 354 Hemi option or newer V8 fuel injected, and I need to decide soon...'cuz the Hemi won't wait.

This is a great forum for all Mopar related questions...

I like the pushbutton idea.You can mount the shifter wherever you want:glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC00727.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 112-1278_IMGr2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 164
Welcome to FABO, Kato, from just a little further south (North OC, SoCal). You're going to have fun here.
How can we not welcome someone who admits to "wasted over forty years building Chevys and some Fords"?
Early Mopar tin makes great street rods. I commend you for keeping your '32 all-Mopar. No sense cutting the value by putting one of those cookie-cutter bowtie drivetrains in there.

Welcome to FABO! Yes go Mopar all the way. I cought this little gem at a car show yesterday. 55 Bow Tie MOPAR power! Yeah Baby!!! He's gettin it.

Attachments

• P3110059 (Custom).JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 145
  • P3110058 (Custom).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 137
Welcome aboard Kato...you are forgiven for your forty years of sins! Your gonna find yourself having a hell of a lot of fun on here in a very short time!!

Welcome to FABO Kato. Glad to see you finally saw the light LOL.I have always loved the 30-40's coupes and sedans. They have so much character. Have fun with your project and keep us posted on your progress. toolmanmike

Welcome to FABO!With having the 904 for your ride,the Trans-go 2 shift kit is a common kit amongst 904 owners and a small stall(2500).Glad to see you finally seen the light.LOL.Too many Chebbies and Fords out there,is nice to be different.

I have some thoughts on your front turn signals (let me see if I can find what I'm looking for on the web).

Hey, Kato. Check out these headlights marketed by Street Rod Headquarters. They feature a built-in LED turnsignal in the bottom of the headlight. Might be perfect for your Plymouth.
http://www.streetrodhq.com/detail/15610.html

Welcome to the site. No need to apologize we've all made mistakes. More info and experience here than you can disseminate. That's going to be a sweet ride! Enjoy! Sport

-
Back