Mopar block cleaning ****

-
Rusty and Princess, i bungled my response, it ended up in between your quotes in post#24. Sorry.
Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot, got another engine that needs cleaning. Either of you have a source for cam bearings and the poured babbit mains for a 90 year old flathead straight eight?? I was thinking about getting it cleaned by a method that destroys those bearings, ......but i think i wont, thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot, got another engine that needs cleaning. Either of you have a source for cam bearings and the poured babbit mains for a 90 year old flathead straight eight?? I was thinking about getting it cleaned by a method that destroys those bearings, ......but i think i wont, thanks.
What year and engine exactly, I bet someone out there makes them.

1933 Chrysler Imperial 296" straight eight, poured babbit mains (not inserts, they have to poured, then bored, by a bar twice as long as a v8)
My screen name might have been a hint, lol.

Easy there Sarge. No need for the gruffness. You're right. We don't know if they were changed out two years ago...or whenever, since you never entered that info into the conversation. All I'm tryin to do is make sure you know it's important to have camshaft bearings in good condition. Nobody said you were incompetent or anything else, nor did anyone use any language in your direction. We're just trying to give good advice here is all. Carry on with however you want to do it.

Easy there Sarge. No need for the gruffness. You're right. We don't know if they were changed out two years ago...or whenever, since you never entered that info into the conversation. All I'm tryin to do is make sure you know it's important to have camshaft bearings in good condition. Nobody said you were incompetent or anything else, nor did anyone use any language in your direction. We're just trying to give good advice here is all. Carry on with however you want to do it.
I got laughed at, and implyed that i was cheap and stupid for not wanting to change cam bearings. Just defending my position.

I got laughed at, and implyed that i was cheap and stupid for not wanting to change cam bearings. Just defending my position.

No you didn't. You inferred that incorrectly.

...and I don't care about me, but you don't have to "defend" your position by cursing at a young lady. That ain't cool.

This guy loves to tell people he’s never changing cam bearings just to stir up things. Not the first one....

I cursed nobody. I asked a question vulgarly, and i will edit the vulgarity, but both you and moparofficial "laughed out loud".

Just recently started using the Ampro block cleaning system, so far....I LOVE it. This old dodge flathead 6 looked like it came from the bottom of the ocean!

View attachment 1715750070

View attachment 1715750071

Those things are awesome! If you go to the rescheduled Farmington show this fall, remind me to tell you about the gutted out slant 6 I just got cleaned in a machine like that here in Asheville. I ain't posting that science project online....lol. :eek: :realcrazy:

I cursed nobody. I asked a question vulgarly, and i will edit the vulgarity, but both you and moparofficial "laughed out loud".

Yes you did. You threw an F bomb in there. You went back and edited it. Even says so right on the post. SO what about the lol? I threw that in there so you would know I was messin around. Get sensitive much? Geez guy, I don't give two craps really about your cam bearings, I was just making SURE you knew how important they are......and no, I wasn't trying to say you're incompetent. I was trying to help. How the HECK do I know WHAT you know? Sorry I picked the scab. I'll not try to help you again.

Not really. Just looking for a way to get a block clean without ruining perfectly good, or irreplaceable cam bearings

The only way I know of is.....oh I forgot, I'm not helping you anymore.

:lol: now I'm laughing and not at you.
33 Imperial, nice.

-
Back