Moparts web site SUCKS!!!!!

-
Moparts and all the rest.

I Stop posting and just read anymore!

Everyone else has all the answers be them right or wrong. Just enjoy reading and an occasional laugh.

I met Tom the owner at Carlisle a few years ago and all I'll say is I was not impressed.
What do you mean? Was he ugly? Really Short? Stupid? A flaming homosexual? Was he a gawky, awkward person or just a regular guy? I have never seen a picture or known of anyone that has met him.
His claim is that Moparts is his retirement plan. I have not seen a clear explanation on why the pop up ads keep on happening UNLESS this is as Tom said, his retirement plan.

I bought my first online mopar parts off Moparts around 2001. I used to like to browse the online swap meet. Haven’t checked it out in years, can’t even remember my avatar.

It's a real shame what MoParts is now. It's always been kinda wild but now it's even worse than it ever was......and don't get me started on the BigBlockDart site. Now that right there is a REAL shame. Joey could make both those sites jammin and save a LOT of great information but of course they won't sell them.

What do you mean? Was he ugly? Really Short? Stupid? A flaming homosexual? Was he a gawky, awkward person or just a regular guy? I have never seen a picture or known of anyone that has met him.
His claim is that Moparts is his retirement plan. I have not seen a clear explanation on why the pop up ads keep on happening UNLESS this is as Tom said, his retirement plan.
Another member and I went to the Moparts tent at Carlisle where he and his son were at. We introduced our selves and stated that we had been members for over 10 years. He didn't have any interest in us or our cars and basically couldn't stop talking about himself. We just turned and walked way.

uBlock origin...can select entire regions of the web page to block. Then just hit create....Bam, gone.

upload_2020-12-6_16-26-32.png

moparts.jpg

wow, some of those sellers are pretty proud of their ****! FABO forever!

Another member and I went to the Moparts tent at Carlisle where he and his son were at. We introduced our selves and stated that we had been members for over 10 years. He didn't have any interest in us or our cars and basically couldn't stop talking about himself. We just turned and walked way.

Sounds like you're describing almost all car guys I ever meet. Most of them ask questions about what you have, just to be able to tell you about every car they've ever had. That's one of the reasons why I don't do car shows and generally stay away from the "car guy" crowd.

Sounds like you're describing almost all car guys I ever meet. Most of them ask questions about what you have, just to be able to tell you about every car they've ever had. That's one of the reasons why I don't do car shows and generally stay away from the "car guy" crowd.
Ha....
In many cases, you are right. I have learned to avoid those people as much as possible. The theory that I have is that since us car guys are a minority of the population, many of us are happy to be able to mingle with other car guys when we can. Some car guys seem to be socially awkward and just do not interact with others often enough to develop social skills.
Also, I don't know if the majority of us are aware of how self centered we appear to others. I don't think that people intend to monopolize the conversation. It just happens.
It can be corrected though. Self awareness is a great thing.
Me? I ask a lot of questions when I meet new people. It is a great conversation starter. It isn't always an effort to bridge to my own interests either. I like to learn of how others built their cars. If I am talking with someone and they show absolutely zero interest in anything other than themselves, I move on.

Thanks.
So, is he short, tall, fat or skinny? Old, young, feeble or able-bodied? Clean cut, hippie, bald or well groomed?

Ha....
In many cases, you are right. I have learned to avoid those people as much as possible. The theory that I have is that since us car guys are a minority of the population, many of us are happy to be able to mingle with other car guys when we can. Some car guys seem to be socially awkward and just do not interact with others often enough to develop social skills.
Also, I don't know if the majority of us are aware of how self centered we appear to others. I don't think that people intend to monopolize the conversation. It just happens.
It can be corrected though. Self awareness is a great thing.
Me? I ask a lot of questions when I meet new people. It is a great conversation starter. It isn't always an effort to bridge to my own interests either. I like to learn of how others built their cars. If I am talking with someone and they show absolutely zero interest in anything other than themselves, I move on.
This is very true. One of my good friends can text me 50 pictures of his new used parts he scores, and I show him interest. If I send him a pic of a new part, I hear crickets.

you need to run ad block and you wont see that crap.. even though i don't see that crap i still don't go there much anymore.. most of the knowledge was run off over the years.. it got to be the same old garbage and the same old butt buddies posting all the time there.

Yes, Moparts has been going downhill for quite some time. Yes you can use an AdBlocoker but it doesn’t take long for it to bypass the blocker. I started as a member in the mid 90s the hung in there in early 2000s when Tom went to new servers. Most if not all of the old timers have left or are seldom on there.

For the first time the Secret Santa is not being run. Nobody stepped up to run it. I agree that Tom sold out to the high tech devils. He could of petitioned the membership to go along with an annual fee but chose not to do so. I guess all good things come to an end.

he went for the money.. problem is i'm sure its not cheap to run and if you want to charge members most will just leave..

I ignore popup ads as I am sure tons of other people do as well, so if that's his retirement plan, he's starving.

Thanks.
So, is he short, tall, fat or skinny? Old, young, feeble or able-bodied? Clean cut, hippie, bald or well groomed?

he is tall. last i saw him he was on the heavier side. he is a nice enough guy. just seems socially awkward..

He was sitting down so don't know how tall but was kind of fat. Seemed like a normal dude just a bit arrogant for my taste.

-
Back