Moving a shed.

-
I have seen them moved on plastic pipe. Think it was about 6 in diameter. The just kept moving them from the back to the front. Looked pretty easy once they got going.

500 feet? I'd fashion up a skid and drag it that short of a distance. Make sure the front of the skid is beveled so it will not dig in as bad on soft ground.

Think it through as to where you want to set it and whether you can drag it right in to place. Place your skid accordingly.

Slip 2X8's or whatever underneath it like sleigh rails and drag it home! Just brace the front very well so they don't pull together. Attach them to the base of the shed itself. 500' is pretty short.

My friends dad had a 2 story fish house (small cabin) he used to pull on the a lake in the winter with a setup like that. Worked awesome.

Find a bunch of Egyptians.......I've head that can move 15 ton rocks over sand and up steep inclines over great distances!!!

upload_2021-11-10_8-14-1.jpeg

At a place I worked we moved a 10' X 12' wood shed with an end loader. Added rafter collar ties for support, cut holes, and ran a heavy pipe through the peak.

upload_2021-11-10_8-44-7.png

I used to have to move 10ft and 20ft shipping containers around at work. I would put old Coke’s plastic 20oz soda bottle red crates upside under corners and slide then across the asphalt with a forklift. Would not go 500 feet, some times about 20 feet, it get them in place, this way would use the crate as a slider.

2x6's and jacks... get it above the trailer and back under it.
Or just plow through it with a front loader and hire ya a couple Carlos's from from a home depot parking lot to put it back together.
THIS---put it on your trailer. Get steal buy borrow blocking, even cut blocks of firewood, even lengths laid down "round" with 2x pieces above and below, then tie it on. Look up videos of "house moving"--much of that is done same now as it always was--jack it up, block it up, and get big timbers/ I beams under and onto a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moving+a+building

All I can tell you is be careful and have someone help you.

Fredenberg Man Dies After Shed Falls on Him
Authorities Responded Tuesday Night
July 27, 2016
Site Staff
A 35-year-old man has died in Fredenberg Township after a shed he was trying to move fell on him.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office says it happened Tuesday night as the man was trying to move the shed.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities are still investigating his cause of death.

I worked with this young man. He was a registered land surveyor for the company I worked for.
He was a real nice guy. His only fault was he was very independent.
He and his wife were expecting their first child.

Be safe!

Any little house builders in your area? They have slide together lifts to move their buildings and they work great!

The guy that put my shed in my back yard had this remote control fork lift thing he called the mule it was pretty slick. Moved my 10x20 petty easy.

Well, I bought a new low profile floor jack and borrowed a couple "jackalls" from neighbor and friend. Took shelving(4×4 legs and 1/2 ply) and windows out. Was able get it raised up and on a pair of 6x6 I had.
Side note but related...had a trailer hitch advertised online, local guy dropped by to buy it. Turns out he works for a local housemover and may be able to move it for me.
At least it's on 6x6 lol.
Pulled out the old flagstone/fire pit where the shed is gonna land eventually. Not looking forward to redoing the flagstone...

20211117_122032.jpg

20211117_121944.jpg

20211112_163318.jpg

Bought this shed. 2x4 framed, 12'X9'. I only have to move it approx 500'. Its just around the corner from us. But it's also got to go into our back yard. It's got 2×4 floors as well. Solid as heck. 9' is too wide to go between wheel wells on a trailer.
Suggestions?
In town asphalt road...not perfectly smooth lol

View attachment 1715817984
Two small trees and a tractor

Put an eye hook on the bottom, wait till it's dark and pull that sucker on home.

I'd hire a local shed mover and save the headache. My local shed mover would have that moved in about 5 minutes. He amazed me when he delivered my 14x24 garages.

Finally moved. Had to wait for snow to melt than got in touch with towing company. She was time consuming but got it landed about 2" to the west too much. After last set of prev.pics I had to raise it again and l rotated the 6x6 90* then rotate shed approx 45*. Had to do this to get it on flat bed, then winched with logs and got it on. A battle every damned step of the way, but went well if that makes sense. Never had to unhook once.
Reynolds towing in Lakefield. $400, which was a little higher than what i thought, but still worth it. I will leave on 6x6 until I get some perimeter boards replaced. Cant wait to go back to work to relax....

20220405_170848.jpg

20220406_111500.jpg

20220406_113952.jpg

20220406_114305.jpg

20220406_115636.jpg

20220406_130458.jpg

20220406_195850.jpg

Last edited:
The guy that put my shed in my back yard had this remote control fork lift thing he called the mule it was pretty slick. Moved my 10x20 petty easy.
Yep, seen them doing mobile home set ups. Has a leveling system built In. This one had on board operation

Finally moved. Had to wait for snow to melt than got in touch with towing company. She was time consuming but but landed about 2" to the west too much. After last set of prev.pics I had to raise it again and l rotate 6x6 90* then rotate shed approx 45*. Had to do this to get it on flat bed, then winched with logs and got it on. A battle every damned step of the way, but went well if that makes sense. Never had to unhook once.
Reynolds towing in Lakefield. $400, which was a little higher than what i thought, but still worth it. I will leave on 6x6 until I get some perimeter boards replaced.

Sorry, I must have misread.. thought you had a few more feet to fine tune it in place. My Apologies, Brother.
P.s,
The ashtray and holder are SWEET! Thanks Man!

-
Back