My 1967 Cuda Restoration

-
Tony
Ok thanks I am going to try to get off work for hot rods and rock and roll if i can.I going to bring the duster hoping to get off but i doubt it. If i do i will be there. Hopin to see the cuda there it is looking good. Awesome work u going to the nationals?

Tony
Ok thanks I am going to try to get off work for hot rods and rock and roll if i can.I going to bring the duster hoping to get off but i doubt it. If i do i will be there. Hopin to see the cuda there it is looking good. Awesome work u going to the nationals?

No on the Nats......hope to be at Hot Rods and Rock and Roll

Santa came today:-D

Got the front fenders and deck lid

DSCF2412_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2411_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2413_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2414_Medium_.jpg

The wife and I must be a little sick...4 of our cars are black

DSCF2416_Medium_.jpg

Hood, scoop and front valance were painted this morning. These
parts and the doors will be brought out and hung on Saturday.

Those look sweet Tony.Gotta like that "wet" look. Black cars eh? Let me check into that,this could be serious.8)

Getting ready to redo the trunk trim

DSCF2418_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2419_Medium_.jpg

Both grills are now finished...what a job!

DSCF2420_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2421_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2424_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2423_Medium_.jpg

As you can see I need to do something about the inside of one of
the parking lights...doesn't reflect very good.

You'll probably need to do the same treatment to both park lamps fixtures to get a matched pair. There are several different materials that would work, or just chrome paint.
I used a reflective material in the rear radius only. Nothing was needed in the top or bottom. Wouldn't want to chance melting a substance on the bulbs anyway.
Cheers

You'll probably need to do the same treatment to both park lamps fixtures to get a matched pair. There are several different materials that would work, or just chrome paint.
I used a reflective material in the rear radius only. Nothing was needed in the top or bottom. Wouldn't want to chance melting a substance on the bulbs anyway.
Cheers

You just gave me an idea Ben

I bought some metal tape to tape the seams on the Hush Mat in my roof...
suggested by Redfastback....this metal tape looks like chrome.....I'll stick
some on and see how it looks.

Thank You,
Tony

Getting ready to redo the trunk trim

DSCF2418_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2419_Medium_.jpg

Both grills are now finished...what a job!

DSCF2420_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2421_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2424_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2423_Medium_.jpg

As you can see I need to do something about the inside of one of
the parking lights...doesn't reflect very good.

your wife did a great job on the hush mat :cheers: I have never dun a head liner 8) I don't think I want to or can or should :happy10:
all my friends here sure is moving forward on there cars :cheers: and you sure have been busy doing some outstanding good work here =P~=P~
I see your shop is getting put to good use :happy10: parties and grandchildren even enjoy it, thank you for keeping a cool thread to keep up with Tony :happy10: Black attacked your Mopar's in good style :happy10:

Thanks Mike!

I built the garage to use it and that's what I'm doing with it.

Too bad it gets dirty during the process but that happens.

It'll buff right out:-D

It was a good day today. All of the pieces are painted except the lower
grill surround. Richard wants to straighten it out after its bolted on. Then he'll
take it off and finish it.

They are coming around 11:00 a.m. tomorrow to hang parts.

I picked up the grill surround today and hung the grills. I'm really pleased
the way the black came out instead of the argent.

DSCF2428_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2426_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2425_Medium_.jpg

Not the first time I've seen that part of the grilles painted body color. It does look good.
The only drawback is the refection on the bottom of what is ( or should I say what is not ) above. Explains the factory flat and textured argent huh ? :)

I have some shinny metal tape that came in a muffler bandage kit. It works well in light fixtures. To lightly scuff the mounting surface improves the bond.
Looking good !

ive been reading your thread, and saw that youre using daytona hood springs for your AAR fiberglass hood.

couple of questions:
1. what year daytona, and any others that will interchange?
2. how much of a PITA were they to install?
3. any modification to the hinge itself required?
4. think i can put them on with the hinges and hood in the car?

thanks
Michael

ive been reading your thread, and saw that youre using daytona hood springs for your AAR fiberglass hood.

couple of questions:
1. what year daytona, and any others that will interchange?
2. how much of a PITA were they to install?
3. any modification to the hinge itself required?
4. think i can put them on with the hinges and hood in the car?

thanks
Michael

Michael,

The springs are from a 1987.......I think 86-90 would all be the same

Easy to install...had the fenders off...you could probably do it with
the splash shields removed.

No modification required

Tony

holy **** that is a thing of beauty. I don't think any words can really describe how truly beautiful that car is Tony. Job WELL done

Wow, that Cuda is so sweet.
Love it.

Thanks swedefish!
Like McDonalds....I'm lovin' it

holy **** that is a thing of beauty. I don't think any words can really describe how truly beautiful that car is Tony. Job WELL done

Thanks varlo!

With comments like that it makes it all worthwhile.

WOW! and WOW! That black paint is awesome! Love the red interior too. My first 'Cuda was a '69 notchback, black with a red interior (30 years ago). The car is long gone unfortunately, but this is bringing back some very fond memories. It wasn't even close to being as beautiful as your car. Nice job. I skipped through the thread but I am going back and read through the whole thing, right now.

Must have been an exciting day for you, Tony, seeing the body come back together.

Yea buddy Robert:-D

It is looking awesome. what is left to do it before driving it

Thanks Ryan...still hoping for September

WOW! and WOW! That black paint is awesome! Love the red interior too. My first 'Cuda was a '69 notchback, black with a red interior (30 years ago). The car is long gone unfortunately, but this is bringing back some very fond memories. It wasn't even close to being as beautiful as your car. Nice job. I skipped through the thread but I am going back and read through the whole thing, right now.

Thanks Dave!

Thanks for the kind words......glad I could spark some memories

I wish you still had it also....that would be an awesome fish,

Tony

Santa helpers :cheers: Man !!!!! I would be shaking in my boot's watching those part's being put on :shaking2: They look like a good crew Tony :thumleft::thumleft::thumleft:, I am so happy for you brother :color::hello1:

The first word that came to my mind was Spooky

I have had to do that a few times and remember saying CAREFUL BOY'S a few times on a new painted part 8) I hope you are enjoying a great day Tony, The Barracuda is SAAAAAAAWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!! :cheers:

Santa helpers :cheers: Man !!!!! I would be shaking in my boot's watching those part's being put on :shaking2: They look like a good crew Tony :thumleft::thumleft::thumleft:, I am so happy for you brother :color::hello1:

The first word that came to my mind was Spooky

I have had to do that a few times and remember saying CAREFUL BOY'S a few times on a new painted part 8) I hope you are enjoying a great day Tony, The Barracuda is SAAAAAAAWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!! :cheers:

I just sit and watched them do their thing.....they were very good at it.

What really scares me is bird crap when I have it out. That stuff is
nasty.

yea buddy.....having a great day!

Thanks brother

Tony

-
Back