My 1967 Cuda Restoration

-
It is coming together fast looks awesome. I went to track saturday the car run like crap kept blowing the fan belt. My fuel pressure was to low so it fouled a couple of plugs and the shifter is junk . The best it ran was 824 with a 1.7 60ft I think if i get every thing fix it will be in the seven hopefully

It is coming together fast looks awesome. I went to track saturday the car run like crap kept blowing the fan belt. My fuel pressure was to low so it fouled a couple of plugs and the shifter is junk . The best it ran was 824 with a 1.7 60ft I think if i get every thing fix it will be in the seven hopefully

Sorry I didn't make it Ryan......the wife and I washed the siding on the
house all weekend.

It is cool We will meet one of this days it was a very hot day there was not a lot of cars. I did manage to win a 100 dollars from brads shop

The 'Cuda is running!!!!!

Got a call the other day from Brad and I got to hear it run on the phone
while I was on the Hot Rod Power Tour!

Sounded great......maybe I car hear it up close tomorrow.

That's great Tony,but I can't hear it,lol.:-D Are you still away from home? Ya know ya gotta post a vid when you get back.8) Did it sound like you hoped it would?

That's great Tony,but I can't hear it,lol.:-D Are you still away from home? Ya know ya gotta post a vid when you get back.8) Did it sound like you hoped it would?

Just got home this p.m. Dave

My wife and nephew heard it and said it sounded great.

I'll have my daughter do some filming and post it up in a few days.

The wife wanted it to go "rumpty rump" at idle and she said it was
just what she wanted......I can't wait to hear it.

Tony

need ask if they did the whole job = re gauges refinished / installed - - lookin SOH fine -?? is this the finish product ?? and can you say what it cost and how long it took == without hurting us ?? i will sit down eazing any fall from heart failure haha ? - car and progress muchly appreciated cudanutz

Fantastic news on the car running, Tony. I know that's a goal you've been shooting for for a long time now.

need ask if they did the whole job = re gauges refinished / installed - - lookin SOH fine -?? is this the finish product ?? and can you say what it cost and how long it took == without hurting us ?? i will sit down eazing any fall from heart failure haha ? - car and progress muchly appreciated cudanutz

Not sure what you are asking here. CV platers only did the dash bezel and
glove box trim along with the arm rests. I cleaned and installed the gauges.
Total cost for the cv job was $676.00.....took about 6-8 weeks.

If you are talking about the car, I have been working on it since 2006.
The wife and I paid a grand total of $2500.00 for it and the 360 and 727 tranny. She gave it to me as a retirement gift.

4 years later I think I have a little over $30,000.00 in the car. It would have
been a better decision to buy a turn key for half the cost. The car will never
be sold, so I'm not complaining. It will be passed on to the daughter. When you have to buy as many things as I did, the cost really ads up.

Mopar parts ain't cheap!

Paint and body work was $9000.00 of that total.
Tires were $1000.00 with shipping and extra warranty
The speed shop charges were close to $10,000.00

Then you have seat covers, carpet, heat and noise barrier, new trim,
tail lights, windshield and back glass, etc., etc., etc,

If I had it to do over again....I would probably do the same thing.
Us car guys and girls take pride in our rides and we are really pleased
when we can stand back and say yep, I built that or made this car
come to life again.

I'm coming up on 63 years young in July and this car will let me 18 again
and that is priceless.:-D

Congrats Tony!! 4 years building is a long road, but it's so close now 8)

Thanks Tony.. nice vids. I needed that. Next time, start with a closeup of the rear and then run backwards real fast.. then I know how she'll look launching lol.

Grant

Thanks guys and gals!

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope to get it finished up by
September so I can make the yearly cruise in here in downtown
Columbus.

Also the daughter wants to use it when she gets married in October.

-
Back