My 1971 Demon Rebuild

-
So I got the regulators and glass out of my doors, almost all the plastic pieces were broken, does anyone have the ability to send me a complete list of parts and the rebuilding procedures from a service manual?

I might have to steal the idea of your roll cage setup. With those bottom curved bars going into the frame connectors, then you tied the main roll bar into them! Really cool. Keep it up.

Very nice build looking forward to see the end result keep the updates coming

Brian, do you know anyone who does media blasting for an affordable price in the area? I want to get all the undercoating out of my fenders, I got a lot of it out with the small one I have in my garage but there is still some I can't get to with it.

Link 1, Ebay vender for window regulator kit.
Link 2, Service Manuals

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=abody

A280101.jpg

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

So I got the car back down in Texas and in the garage over the holidays, I am still recovering from the suspension work, and christmas itself so my car funds are slowing recovering lol. I have now that the car is back on for wheels again I decided to hang the panels and see if they were as bad as I remembered them being...they were! I am now saving to go fiberglass with the fenders, hood, trunk, front valance, and bumpers. I am thinking I will use AAR since everything I have read on here and a few other sites seem to give them all good reviews. Anyways here are some pictures of how the car sits as of tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_3083.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_3065.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3111.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_3106.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 457
So I am going to be installing the fiberglass bumpers down the road, but I was curious if anyone had some pictures of one installed? I want to tuck it in tight which means the stock mounts have to go. I'm thinking I might be able to remove a section of the mount and weld it back together instead of fabricating new ones. Anyone had any luck doing it that way, here's a picture of how I'd like to tuck it closer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 420
So I started a thread in the body forum, looking for a quality paint and body shop that won't break my bank, and if they were willing to allow me to shadow them and learn a few things that would be even better! I Don't car if you have me sweep your shop and takeout the trash as long as I can learn something.

pics for you as soon as I get all the pieces together....

YES!!! Can't wait to see those Denny, I'm pretty sure I've got the wife talked into letting me get a set from you! Just gotta get the price and lock it in!

right now.........got it cross-braced and spending a lot of time grinding and removing spot welds.....lots of spot welds.

If anyone can help, I am going to attempt to paint the car myself. If someone could send me a list of products that work well together I'd appreciate it. I want to paint the car B5 and it will be brought down to bare metal. I need to know which epoxy primer, filler primer, base, and clear work well together. I am going to spray it with epoxy, do my filler and glaze work, the primer with a fillible primer. Block, and then base coat and clear. I know I will need around a gallon of base, clear, and epoxy. My concern is how many coats of the fillible sander do I need prior to, and what won't break my bank? I'm looking to spend around 1000-1500 in paints and supplies, am I far off on price in that range?

So I'm getting the car ready to go off to the body shop, and I am getting a lot of the panels that I didn't have on the car put on. I just picked up a front valance, but it didn't come with the mount bolts, can someone point me in the direction of what type of hardware was used on these? Also I can't seem to find the bolts for the front and rear bumper brackets, so kf anyone knows what type of bolts they use I'd appreciate it. Oh and I am also looking for a good set of splash shields and the hardware for those and the fender support bars. I know its a big list but hopefully I can get a few responses about them!

Congrats on getting close to the body shop time. I will look around I MAY have the splash guards if I did not get rid of them already. As far as all the hardware maybe look at year one or classic industry. SO good luck finding everything you need.

-
Back