My 1972 Dodge demon resto begins!

-
Made some good progress today. I built the short block today. Almost made a real bad mistake. Check the first photo. Notice any holes in the bearings? Just the last one. Cant believe I missed that.Whoo had the crank laying in there and went to put the main caps on and said hmmm what are these holes for. Lol. Its been 20 years since I built my own engine. Oh well live and learn. I also included a picture of my cam specs. Can anyone tell me if this is an agressive cam? My machinist said it will bump pretty good and give great power. Comp cams came up with this grind according to the rear, trans and eng specs.

Slappy that cam is pretty mild for 408 stroker. Duration specs OK but it is shy on lift for the cubes and ported Ed top end you have. For street strip you can comfortably go into the .510 - .520 range around that duration and still make low end and reasonable idle. Hughes engines can give you a lot of help in this area, they are Mopar only guys and know the LA motor as good as anybody. Check their HEH2328 hydraulic (mildest 408 recommendation @ 223/228 - .506/.524 w/ 1.5:1) or even HEH2832 (228/232 - .524/.540) for stick shift car. You can see these are quite a bit bigger than your COMP and will let the monster breathe.

FYI get a thread chaser kit and clean up those head bolt holes!

Gen2hemi this is not a stroker. Its just a 360 bored 30 over. Now what do you think of the cam?

Sorry, thought you had the stroker kit.

You still have a lot more breathing than that cam is taking advantage of, but I wont go farther on my opinion than "depends"; as you know on carburetion, gearing, weight, tranny, tire size, and ultimately what you want to drive it mostly for. Definitely will be torquey enough to drag a fairly tight converter if you have a 727/904. In a stick shift car for my money I would still get up in the .500 lift area to make some hp, which takes RPMs as the equation goes..

I was doing one project a year till
the bottom fell out of everything
hope to do another soon good luck
How about doing something like this
it's alot eaiser to keep clean

where is all the wiring and heater/ blower motor??? Have any pics.... PM maybe

Here are some finished pictures of the metal installation. Now remember the AMD installation center does not do any finish work. All they install is sheet metal only. No filler, no seam sealer [only where needed on install parts] no paint ect. The car had a full trunk pan installed [including extentions and drop offs] full RS quarter panel, tail panel, tail light and trunk supports, LS lower quarter panel, LS rocker panel, RS outer wheel house, and repair both inner wheel houses. Remember if you read back into the thread folks said the car was perfect almost. They found three! RS quarter panels on the car. Two halfs and one full quarter welded over the whole mess. I never heard of a car having a total of 4 quarter panels!

Attachments

• 743.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 895
  • 753.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 932
  • 747.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 913
  • 750.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 907
  • 745.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 925
  • 742.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 911
  • 744.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 908
Man.......that thing sure is coming along.

I remember awhile back....myself and a bunch others had said "why even rip it apart, it looks nice as it is".......never would have guessed you would have had those problems hiding under there lol.

atleast you are going about it the right way....should turn out awesome when its all done!.

keep up the great work!:cheers:

some pix that got deleted.

Attachments

• 386.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 852
  • 005 (5).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 837
  • 008 (6).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 849
  • 007 (5).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 843
More pix that got deleted.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 820
  • 007 (6).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 831
  • 009 (7).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 819
  • 010 (7).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 823
Here are a few pix of my intake Leanna just powdercoated. Nice work Leanna!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 810
  • 002.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 791
  • 004.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 797
Few more parts. I am waiting for my milodon pan to complete my long block. Its been on back order for a month.

Attachments

• 658.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 770
Do you have any pictures of the inside of the trunk on the left side where they did the patch? I've got all of the same work in progress right now on mine and I'm curious how the pros are doing it.
Thanks,
Jon

Jon Pm me and I will email them to you. Just give me your email and what you need a pix of.

Here are a few pix of my intake Leanna just powdercoated. Nice work Leanna!

The car's coming along great. But man-oh-man, what an awesome job on the intake. Looks like I'm gonna have to get Leanna to do a bunch of stuff for me.

Keep posting the car ****!!

Wylde1.

Wylde1 Leanna has powder coated the entire front end for me. The lca's, uca's, spindles, backing plates, strutrods. She is currently working on the k-frame. She has been waiting for a dry day to blast it. I have only seen pictures of the other stuff. When I get everything back I will post some pictures.

well my long awaited oil pan is here. It isa milodon low pro. I have been waiting because of a 2 month back order. Now I can finish my engine build. Look for some upcoming pictures soon.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 663
  • 002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 694
The car's coming along great. But man-oh-man, what an awesome job on the intake. Looks like I'm gonna have to get Leanna to do a bunch of stuff for me.

Keep posting the car ****!!

Wylde1.

Awww, thanks Wylde1! (Hey, did you see my emails?)

Tod, it's been nearing 60 DEGREES this weekend so keep your fingers and toes crossed it lasts til tomorrow. LOL

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Wow AMD does truly nice work. Looks like things are coming along great!

got my parts back from Leanna. Nice job Leanna! also worked on short block today. I would have put my edelbrock heads on accept for the ARP head bolt set had the wrong size washers in it urgh! The next time you will see the engine I hope its complete. The box mess is Leanna's awesome packing. This stuff could have fallen of the fedex truck and not been damaged. Also if anyone knows is this windage tray installed right? It can bolt and fit either way.

Attachments

• IMG_8276.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_8277.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_8271.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_8272.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_8274.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_8279.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_8278.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 721
Nice! That alien silver is real cool huh? I recently got some vc's from her and they are very cool!

-
Back