My Demon made it thru emissions!!

-

Hotwheelsjr

Reaction score
WOOHOO!!! Damn AZ emissions sucks, but I got the Demon through after only two tests!! Had to retard the timing so it barely ran and lean it out so bad you'd be surprised it made it to the testing center. The crap we have to go through here...

Anyways -- I can now put plates on it and enjoy it for once!!

I think that it's ridiculous for a state to require emissions testing on such an old car. I know my twin Dominator'd blown 528 Hemi would NEVER pass ANY kind of emissions testing!!! Thank God I live in a state that doesn't have emissions testing anymore!!

for a small 'extra fee' my 'Cuda 'passed'. bah, its pretty dumb they smog us out here, well anywhere really. it passed when it was stock, so did my 360 dart, but no fish lol. nice work!

When do they require smog for your mopars? Every other year or just when you buy it?
I remember when we had to smog the older cars on the old system, my buddy got a MP 528 solid cam to pass, we tried getting a MP 474 to pass but it just wouldn't keep running. LOL
Glad we don't have to smog them now, but I'm saving everything just in case....

ProStreetDuster said:
When do they require smog for your mopars? Every other year or just when you buy it?
I remember when we had to smog the older cars on the old system, my buddy got a MP 528 solid cam to pass, we tried getting a MP 474 to pass but it just wouldn't keep running. LOL
Glad we don't have to smog them now, but I'm saving everything just in case....

'67 and newer here, every year, in the great state of AZ!! Commie bastards...

In PA after 75, but at least factory components must be there, no body said about hooked up. I'm lucky, I got a 73, my buddies 79 Trans Am would have needed CATS but he antiqued it! no more state inspections

Older than 25 years of age in New York. Exempt.

Hotwheels,where is Surprise, Az. I live in Douglas and we don't have testing. I hated living in California, every time I bought an old car I had to smog it before I could get it registered.

Any antique vehicle with AV plates here in IL is exempt, and the plates are less then half the cost of regular ones and are good for 4 years!! Pays to have an AV car!

ok now I know the States on my would never live in them list...the ones requiring emissions on Muscle Car era cars :( . TOTALY LAME!

dart_man440 said:
Hotwheels,where is Surprise, Az. I live in Douglas and we don't have testing. I hated living in California, every time I bought an old car I had to smog it before I could get it registered.

No smogging 74 and older Muscle cars in California anymore, but I remember when we had too.

wow that is sad that they test old cars even if back then they wernt worried about emmissions. Im glad in south dakota we have non of that, thats the main thing bad about livin in ca, or nv, o well good luck with everyones tests :thumbup:

[QUOTE='73red-duster]I live in Missouri. What's smog?[/QUOTE]
Take a trip to Los Angeles Ca. and you'll see it, think pea soup LOL. You'll probably think it must be really overcast out, or maybe a fire somewhere, but no that's there air! It's great when your eyes get that burning feeling....

ProStreetDuster said:
Take a trip to Los Angeles Ca. and you'll see it, think pea soup LOL. You'll probably think it must be really overcast out, or maybe a fire somewhere, but no that's there air! It's great when your eyes get that burning feeling....
Isn't part of LA's problem lies in the fact that it's surrounded by mountains, and the heavy smoggy air gets "stuck" there?

whitey said:
What's Smog...Missouri....Any room down there?

Better hurry,Whitey. Seems like it's filling up fast. The Ozarks sure are a nice place to live! :blob:

DusterDave said:
Isn't part of LA's problem lies in the fact that it's surrounded by mountains, and the heavy smoggy air gets "stuck" there?

That could be part of the problem, but you get used to the smog :) . Also some days are very clear, where i can see downtown LA from the freeways near my house, i live about 20 miles away... doesn't happen that often though....

DusterDave said:
i got to witness this while in cali this summer, wow its bad :wack:

Some counties (mainly the west side of the state) in Washington State require smog for '68 and up unless they changed it again. Counties in central Washington were I live don't require emissions test. And if your car is 30 years or older it can carry a "collector car" plate which is registered once and you don't have a front plate. I am waiting to license my '77 Cordoba that I bought two years ago in 2007 just for this reason.

-
Back