my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

-
Well you've always had your truck for cruising but that's not the point...
i'm think'n pro comp heads and dual quads with 2.94 gears, the '74 goes 12.8's and the big block '76 goes 10.8's :)

rented storage shed....
At least it is out of the weather, I have my Willy’s and Duster squeezed into a rented storage building.
I hate paying the yearly rent but vehicles go down hill fast sitting outside.

Had to sew up a cut on one of our Dalmatians. Only thing we had was a needle and thread from my wife's sewing. So that's what we stitched the dog up with. Worked fine and healed great.
My what an informative thread.
Heck ya! we are on page, what??? 38 if this carb thing discussion!!

so I helped a customer yesterday and I'm going to be helping him for quite a few days it looks like taking his motor and why not his transmission out at the same time.. it's in a 65 Barracuda formerly a slant six. He's spent ungodly amounts of money over the years two different shops having all kinds of stuff done claiming blueprinted:rolleyes: and balanced hydraulic lifters with Harland sharp rockers LOL and TTI headers.. with less than 700 miles in over probably 7 years of owning the car it has what seems like a head gasket leak up front by the number one. Was told it could be the front header bolt but it's not.. can't get the head off with the TTI is in the way so we're looking at just pulling the motor and transmission and putting it on the stand. I don't know if the heads warped or what the hell is going on...
but anyways this little 273 has the biggest Holley carburetor I've ever seen in my life and of course it was Dyno Tuned and the plugs are blacker than night... I wish he'd throw a simple Edelbrock on there and we could tune it in.. It's an utterly ridiculous size double pumper it has to be like an 850 or something...
Just got home from this Fiasco if anybody's interested in it..

So after J par said he forgot what my '74 looked like, and I said "that makes two of us"... I went to the storage shed and fired it up and let it fully warm up on this 48* day. Didn't go for a ride, but went from drive to reverse, etc. I also took the wife's RC for a little ride, letting it fully warm up and put some fresh gas in it. Why not, started the '85 RC and let that warm up too... :D

P.S. - was look'n at the low dollar 318 and picturing dual quads... lol

So after J par said he forgot what my '74 looked like, and I said "that makes two of us"... I went to the storage shed and fired it up and let it fully warm up on this 48* day. Didn't go for a ride, but went from drive to reverse, etc. I also took the wife's RC for a little ride, letting it fully warm up and put some fresh gas in it. Why not, started the '85 RC and let that warm up too... :D

I'm still dying to tell the story of my customers 273 in his 65 Barracuda..
And you're welcome for the inspiration on the starting and seeing of your car and the Dual quads...:poke:...:D..

I'm still dying to tell the story of my customers 273 in his 65 Barracuda..
And you're welcome for the inspiration on the starting and seeing of your car and the Dual quads...:poke:...:D..
Ok, tell us your story... LOL.
And the weather had some good inspiration as well... Sunny and 48* ??? We'll take it... lol

tomorrow I'll probably warm up the 360 Duster and the Harley..... :)

Ok, tell us your story... LOL.
And the weather had some good inspiration as well... Sunny and 48* ??? We'll take it... lol
Actually was a nice day here as well..
I ended up not having to take the motor out but loosening the TTI at both ends and loosening the driver side motor mount and lifting it up.. who pulled the head off and I didn't see anything bad in the gasket or head but still I need to be looked at at a machine shop.. so we went to his machine shop close by his house which has taking them for many rides... Today was another no exception to that rule.. he put a straight edge on it and couldn't find anything wrong but we left it there any Sonic check the corner and it was cracked.. he said since he was in a pinch for new head that he'd bought some on a Black Friday sale and was willing to sell them to him for$1,150.. freaking rip-off artist we all know he got them for $703...
I told him to grab his stuff tomorrow morning pay him the $20 and never turn back..

that's why I'm sold a lot of my stuff I'm going from one thing to the other just tried to keep them warmed up let alone having time to enjoy them...
:eek::eek: Warming them up and driving them IS enjoying them.....

Actually was a nice day here as well..
I ended up not having to take the motor out but loosening the TTI at both ends and loosening the driver side motor mount and lifting it up.. who pulled the head off and I didn't see anything bad in the gasket or head but still I need to be looked at at a machine shop.. so we went to his machine shop close by his house which has taking them for many rides... Today was another no exception to that rule.. he put a straight edge on it and couldn't find anything wrong but we left it there any Sonic check the corner and it was cracked.. he said since he was in a pinch for new head that he'd bought some on a Black Friday sale and was willing to sell them to him for$1,150.. freaking rip-off artist we all know he got them for $703...
I told him to grab his stuff tomorrow morning pay him the $20 and never turn back..
LOL.... If he could grab some 302's that were good..... just say'n

All I know is after seeing those dual quads poking thru the JPar's hood I almost an tempted to figure a way to get a 2 bbl Crater on a slant, to poke thru the hood !????// ha but, it would off center and that would kill the "effect"!
Actually I will buy a sheet of 20 ga. and attempt to fab a low profile hemi style scoop for the 62 Dart ( yes that's a B body!), assuming the steel supplier ever gets done with XMas holiday. I can make 3 out of a sheet that costs $38 plus tax here, so I can screw up the first two.

All I know is after seeing those dual quads poking thru the JPar's hood I almost an tempted to figure a way to get a 2 bbl Crater on a slant, to poke thru the hood !????// ha but, it would off center and that would kill the "effect"!
Actually I will buy a sheet of 20 ga. and attempt to fab a low profile hemi style scoop for the 62 Dart ( yes that's a B body!), assuming the steel supplier ever gets done with XMas holiday. I can make 3 out of a sheet that costs $38 plus tax here, so I can screw up the first two.
Actually mine is off center to the passenger side... Just like the entire drivetrain...

I actually don't want mine poking through the hood, hoping there is room to close the hood.

FB_IMG_14410347063561.jpg

My friends 74 Duster with a stroked 440 dual-quad tunnel ram... Yowza....

Know if they don't stick out of the hood that's the cool part...
if you want a Megaton of carburetion under the hood just put one of those big Holley 1050 is on...
Couldn't I say the same for you? IF you want a Megaton of carburetion sticking out of the hood, just put one of those big 1050 on a aluminum spacer????
I don't do things on my car for others to enjoy... EVER!! I don't need wolf whistles at stop lights (get enough of that now). It's all about me on my car with my money :)

Couldn't I say the same for you? IF you want a Megaton of carburetion sticking out of the hood, just put one of those big 1050 on a aluminum spacer????
I don't do things on my car for others to enjoy... EVER!! I don't need wolf whistles at stop lights (get enough of that now). It's all about me on my car with my money :)
That's funny... are you suggesting I build my car for others and not for myself? LOL.. I want to see my carburetors not just when I park it and people see them...
I want to see the movement of the linkage when my foot goes down...

-
Back