my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

-
Come on now, it's an a body, how could it not be cool?
LOL..... I meant the dual quad. I seriously doubt the dual quads will make this 318 faster over the 770 Holley/Action Plus.... but it will look cool when I open my hood.... LOL. But ya never know, my favorite say'n is "let the car decide".

Avengers suck.
Any real camshaft and you will have a lean spot cause the things are dialed for economy....its holleys answer to the 1406 , also a lean ootb ...but at least the air bleeds and pvr's arent the issue ..just the rods,jets,step up springs.
2 390's on a tunnel ram would be better than a ootb avenger. Page 37.

Avengers suck.
Any real camshaft and you will have a lean spot cause the things are dialed for economy....its holleys answer to the 1406 , also a lean ootb ...but at least the air bleeds and pvr's arent the issue ..just the rods,jets,step up springs.
2 390's on a tunnel ram would be better than a ootb avenger. Page 37.
Well, I'd welcome any pick up in performance... :)

If all those engineers realized how bad those brass splitter blocks were for flow.
There was an article long time ago about.

There is a diff in flow between the 2 carbs.

Anyone here ever flow an iron low rise dual quad manifold... that might be a good idea before you get too excited. Not very good.

If all those engineers realized how bad those brass splitter blocks were for flow.

Anyone here ever flow an iron low rise dual quad manifold... that might be a good idea before you get too excited. Not very good.
well, I'm not really expecting a pick up in performance, I'm looking at it as a decal I like... lol

LOL..... I meant the dual quad. I seriously doubt the dual quads will make this 318 faster over the 770 Holley/Action Plus.... but it will look cool when I open my hood.... LOL. But ya never know, my favorite say'n is "let the car decide".

You may have posted it, but what dual quad intake are you using?

Have you flowed an iron low-rise dual quad manifold?..

Have you flowed an iron low-rise dual quad manifold?..
every factory car, with the same engine from the 50's on up, made more hp with more carbs - from the factory. Weather dual quad or six pack.

Like so???
3904D1A8-7E43-4F61-8FAC-569FF589BDFF.jpeg

I lost a half second in the quarter mile when I put dual quads on just saying...
A 318...
Yeah, but with a 4 speed, headers, and a bigger cam and good gears it makes sense, because it takes about two eddies to run like one Holley... :)

who? lol. If me, I really didn't say you can "never have too much carburetion", but in my video I said the myth of "forcing too much air/gas into the engine" is a myth, they are not turbos or superchargers... LOL
True. There are other limiting factors however,like cam,intake,exhaust,valves,ports etc..

True. There are other limiting factors however,like cam,intake,exhaust,valves,ports etc..
well, the motor will only pull what it can pull, however, it becomes harder to get the tip in with fuel tuned right with large carbs, because the larger carbs come from the factory believing they would be mounted on larger cubic inch motors, or higher revving smaller motors. But you can alter that, and technically, I made a 750 DP work great on a stock slant six just to show it can be done. Just not ideal for the tuner. I believe most small blocks on the street and at the track are under CFM's when it comes to carb choice.

^^^ general consensus is I over carb my motors. I disagree, and the ET slip agrees with me.

It seems a some people on here think for eg.. 750 vs 650 carb flow different amounts of air and fuel. Up to a point all carbs will flow the same air just at different vacuum levels aka restriction.

Should think of them more like header tube sizes, with the extra complexity of atomizing fuel at different throttle and driving conditions.

wow, the low dollar 318 is 4 years old already. It took a pounding for the first 3 years. This last year it was a Dustcollector :D :D Except I went down to storage, fired it up about mid summer, went straight to the strip and won a trophy... LOL.... and back to storage
:thumbsup:

-
Back