My street used Tubular K frame is getting close!

-
Jason, if the car is predominantly black with red accents, a bright red custom k-member is going to be the main focal point under the hood -- even if you have more red here and there elsewhere. If the block's red too, then it's just going to get 'lost' under there. Granted it's really nice, but do you want it to show that much? Just my two cents.

All boxed up ready to be sent to me... Not long now!

c5b10e28.jpg

Today I met up with Jason to view current car progress and to take a look at this front end. All I can say is WOW! What a great looking piece. The craftsmanship is top notch; welds and fitment are outstanding to say the least. I am envious….

Today I met up with Jason to view current car progress and to take a look at this front end. All I can say is WOW! What a great looking piece. The craftsmanship is top notch; welds and fitment are outstanding to say the least. I am envious….

Thx man it was a pleasure hanging out today talkin mopars in a shop full of Chebbys! lol Ok quick update.. I spent about 2.5 hrs under the car getting that POS stock K frame and all the LCA. torsion bars, etc out.. I still need to get the steering box off but other than that out with the old in with the new! Tshells K frame and LCA took be about 15 min to install.. very nice pieces. I wanted to mock everything up before I send it to the powder coater. Tomorrow I will finished with the steering, mount the shock brace then take it all off and off to the powder coater it goes.
5053bc14.jpg

c1e71e26.jpg

55491ce6.jpg

81146b91.jpg

69644e95.jpg

ed7e5d2a.jpg

0b2303fb.jpg

362bf165.jpg

just a quick mock up.. I just put the coil overs in place without bolts..Everything fits like a glove.

4de080b7.jpg

eae2d79f.jpg

Are you going to run a Forward Snout Bar to help support the upper shock mount? Is that bracket really doing much for the upper shock support?

These bolt in brackets are doing exactly what they are built to do. Tory had a engineer verify that the integrity of the bracket is structurally sound of the coil over application.

These bolt in brackets are doing exactly what they are built to do. Tory had a engineer verify that the integrity of the bracket is structurally sound of the coil over application.

You are asking for trouble and you should rethink it regardless of what the engineer is saying. You are building a Radical engine and going to have alot of $$ in your car. I would hate to see you hit a pot hole and twist your inner fender along with your frame rail, not to mention when you pull the front tires off the ground with that R3 Twin Turbo package..... You should really think about doing something like this, I would even make it beefier bringing a gussetted bracket into the shock mount area....

Something to think about.

View attachment Snout Bar & Shock Tower.jpg

Luis thank you for your concern however Tory runs 9.12s with his dart and hasn't had any issues for over year now. I have talked in great detail with Tori about this and as I stated before he had an engineer look at it and it's all structurally sound. Hopefully he'll chime in soon with better information than I can give.

Luis thank you for your concern however Tory runs 9.12s with his dart and hasn't had any issues for over year now. I have talked in great detail with Tori about this and as I stated before he had an engineer look at it and it's all structurally sound. Hopefully he'll chime in soon with better information than I can give.

Ok, I am curious to hear his explanation on its structural integrity over a Snout bar. To me there is no comparison, the snout bar would be way stronger. I am all ears.

If your car is going to be running 9's, your going to need a Roll Cage also. So why not add the snout bar in the process is my thought. If you can get your car to Hook with that R3 Twin Turbo, you are headed for the low 8 high 7 second range in the 1/4.

Tory will chime in later when he is available to answer more questions that I cannot.

He explained it to me but now way I'm typing all that info via iPhone ... Lol

I try to keep my opinions to myself, but I also feel the brackets for the coilover is the weak link. For one, it looks like 1/8" material, and it is all in one plane(vertical). All being in the same plane makes things weak...which is why roof trusses are triangles, and racecar chassis are full of triangles.
I too support a forward strut tube which would carry the load over a MUCH wider area and handle the load better. The shock tower and bracket setup is going to be a weak point.
Also, since I'm here...I HOPE the bottom of the steering arm is welded as well...and not just the top. I would be a little skeptical of that even with both sides welded. People dont realize the effects the heat from welding has on carbon steel. The molecular structure changes dramatically, and makes the steel brittle. Just something to think about.
As I mentioned above...I try to keep my opinions to myself, and I am in no way knocking what you are doing. Keep posting pictures.

My steering is completely modified my my chassis guy.. we opted to go with DD column and two flaming river joints.

Ok, I am curious to hear his explanation on its structural integrity over a Snout bar. To me there is no comparison, the snout bar would be way stronger. I am all ears.

If your car is going to be running 9's, your going to need a Roll Cage also. So why not add the snout bar in the process is my thought. If you can get your car to Hook with that R3 Twin Turbo, you are headed for the low 8 high 7 second range in the 1/4.

No one is disagreeing that a snout bar wouldn't be stronger and I agree if you put a cage in you should run a snout bar. This would be for those people that don't have cages or want to put in a cage, but do have a full inner fender well, with no rust. A full inner fender would have the same effect as a snout bar with no inner fender.

Tory can chime in on the brackets.. He explained it to me and it makes perfect since the way he explained it. I'm not going to try b/c I have no idea. It's kinda like saying something is not strong enough by looking at it through a computer screen.

man..where did you find those two dancin' machines!!...Whoaaaaa

-
Back