My street used Tubular K frame is getting close!

-
heims3.jpg

ok gotcha very similar to a hiem joint.

Did not read the whole thread but seen rod end, mono & uni ball tossed around. A buddy used to do a ton of desert racing in the old Twin Traction Beam Rangers. They used rod ends on the radius arms and mono balls on the beam pivots. To the best of my knowledge they were replaced every several seasons, not because they were worn just because they were rebuilding the truck. They would often have 30k race miles on them. If you get the high quality stuff I doubt they will wear out any faster than the oe ball joints etc.......

Gotcha.. thx for the heads up Doug.

for what it's worth. I think on your build , heim ends are a must ...because the design of your lower control arm reguires the lower pivot to do more than go just straight up and down...it also has to pivot somewhat towards the front..then back....good choice for your application

can't say if the design will have an effect on the stock built in anti-dive....something else to consider....might even make it better

Did I see a stock knuckle in that last video? Everything looks very solid!

Tory is a very humble guy.. he just wants to produce a quality product...

Now the important question... what colors should I have is powder coated?

Looks like a very nice piece! When installed on the car with a coil over are you going to support the upper shock tower with a snout bar along with that bracket he made for the upper shock mount? To me that would finish it off and make it hella stout instead of relying on that bracket that he is using that bolts to the upper control arm assembly to support all the weight of the vehicle on its own. JMO

always liked gloss black, or silver....my alterk is silver...looks badass...yea, go with silver, it'll show everything off...

Looks like a very nice piece! When installed on the car with a coil over are you going to support the upper shock tower with a snout bar along with that bracket he made for the upper shock mount? To me that would finish it off and make it hella stout instead of relying on that bracket that he is using that bolts to the upper control arm assembly to support all the weight of the vehicle on its own. JMO

I'm not running a cage at the moment. But he made it to where the bolt on shock tower bracket bolts to the UCA assembly brackets and has added support from the stock inner fender shock towers and a billet piece that is mounted on top of the inner fender in the engine bay.

hey i know tory will read this you tell him this sh-t anit funny:D:D:D:D:D ... i still got his ##### so when i am ready he will get the call mike

great job tory and thanks for sharing guys...mike:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:director:
hey i know tory will read this you tell him this sh-t anit funny:D:D:D:D:D ... i still got his ##### so when i am ready he will get the call mike

great job tory and thanks for sharing guys...mike:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::happy1:

-
Back