My street used Tubular K frame is getting close!

-
it's really difficult NOT to watch.......and it kinda scares me as to why..

i always wonder how a person can tell how strong or a bad a weld is over the net...maybe i need some glasses......looks great tori :supz::supz::supz:

No one is disagreeing that a snout bar wouldn't be stronger and I agree if you put a cage in you should run a snout bar. This would be for those people that don't have cages or want to put in a cage, but do have a full inner fender well, with no rust. A full inner fender would have the same effect as a snout bar with no inner fender.

With this build it seems that it needs a cage. 1200HP?? Yeah it is gunna need one.

anyway's.....

I don't see how that could be, you are talking about stamped sheet metal for the inner fender well with brackets bolted to the UCA mounting points. I am not saying it will bend when you set it on the ground. Drive it on the street for awhile and hit a pot hole or 2......or pull the tires off the ground at launch with those 400lbs springs in there a few times and I believe how it is the inner fenders will never look the same. IMO

You did an awesome job on the K Frame. Just looking at it ,those brackets don't match the rest of what you did and they look like the weak link is all I am saying. From what I have read the question is not will the inner fenders take the abuse of the weight of the front suspension and not twist etc. The question is a matter of when it will twist is how I see it.

Carry on.......

i always wonder how a person can tell how strong or a bad a weld is over the net...maybe i need some glasses......looks great tori :supz::supz::supz:

Maybe not how strong, but I can clearly tell you when it's too cold, lacks fusion, and looks good. I don't think anyone was questioning a weld but there was a reference to if something was fully welded or not. Understanding what goes on in the base metal, as well as the weldment and how the HAZ plays into it. Is just as important as melting 2 pieces together.

Ok guys enough is enough.... Take the critiques to another thread. This thread is not for that. If you were building a car I wouldn't come to your thread and tell you how much is wrong with what u have done . If or when Tory ever decides to sell these and he makes his own thread then have at it but not here. It agrvstes me to no end on some of ur replies.

In regards to my responses they were not meant to bash the build in anyway shape or form. Like you I am going to have alot of $$ invested in my car and our builds are very similar except for your Trick K Frame. I too am doing a Coil Over Conversion so I just thought I would share what I have learned from studying the subject and that is it.

In regards to my responses they were not meant to bash the build in anyway shape or form. Like you I am going to have alot of $$ invested in my car and our builds are very similar except for your Trick K Frame. I too am doing a Coil Over Conversion so I just thought I would share what I have learned from studying the subject and that is it.

Thx for the PM Luis.

I already did........

Wow really Mark? Bummer dude.

What the top shock mount really looks like. You want your car supported by just those mounts thats cool.......

Doug, Thanks for honoring my request.. I guess it doesn't apply to you since your a moderator and you don't have to set the example. Go start your won thread about the K frame and bash away. Or better yet do something a little more productive and build your own "perfect" unit so we can all run it. Typical of a Key Board Commando.. no wonder why there are so few options for us Mopar guys.

BTW your ridiculous for not comparing apples to apples here.. you have only the OEM shock tower brace in place, not the inner fenders or the actual bracket.

Ok guys enough is enough.... Take the critiques to another thread. This thread is not for that. If you were building a car I wouldn't come to your thread and tell you how much is wrong with what u have done . If or when Tory ever decides to sell these and he makes his own thread then have at it but not here. It agrvstes me to no end on some of ur replies.

I don't know man. I figure if someone is going to post pics of something like this being built then its going to get questions and criticism. To me that's a good thing . Maybe someone will see something that the builder over looked. Maybe someone will come yo with an idea that works better. Who knows. It's a good thing. Getting wound up about it isn't going to help anything , that's for sure.

I don't know man. I figure if someone is going to post pics of something like this being built then its going to get questions and criticism. To me that's a good thing . Maybe someone will see something that the builder over looked. Maybe someone will come yo with an idea that works better. Who knows. It's a good thing. Getting wound up about it isn't going to help anything , that's for sure.

That's what I thought also. Joe, are you and I done pissing for distance?

That's true Joe, however you can see the tone of the thread changing from my K frame instal thread to a witch hunt. I could careless what most of you guys say b/c I don't under stand half of it when it comes to engineering. I can't look at a piece of metal and tell you if it's going to fail or not. I'm taking Tories word for it and his real life examples that he did in his own car for over a yr. What bothers me is the tone of the thread. I feel it's becoming counter productive to say the least. I made this thread to show what I'm doing. If you have an issue with it PM Tshell I'm not changing the direction until it's proven that it's going to fail.

First off I love your build and I think it will be an amazing car. No offense intended USCG Charger, but I have met and worked with a few Mechanical Engineers that I wouldn't trust to design a saw horse. Our engineering department design it and install it pat each other on the *** and then it's up to us mechanics to actually make it work reliably. I see no witch hunt here, just some guys trying to help. I will shut up now.

The inner fenders were not designed to carry suspension loads, that's what the torsion bar crossmember is for on these cars. UCA's are just along for the ride and keep things on plane, best they can. Shock is there to dampen, not load carry.

Look at Inkjunkies post and count the number of spotwelds on any A body that holds that shock tower/UCA structure on the frame rail. That's the securing structure in this case. The brace appears to be within the confines of that structure, no exterior attachment.

There's a bunch of ways to skin a cat, some may be better than others, pick your approach and go with it.

And for those of you that don't like the sigs... you can block it from your user control panel.

I will tell you what I told another member that pm'ed about this last night. This is a public forum. I did not know I needed ANYONES permission to post my OPINION on it. It is as simple as that. I have however removed my comments from YOUR thread because clearly you are not interested in anyones OPINION but your own. Just noticed the Crackedback referenced a picture I put up that I have chosen to remove. If anyone i interested in seeing it please contact me, thru the pm system here and I will gladly send it your way. Jason, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your build.....and I request that you kindly place me on your ignore list as I wish to have no further contact with you...Thank you for your service to our great Country.....Have a nice life......

-
Back