My Town Is Full of morons

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
I took my 66 barracuda out for the first time since winter hit last saturday. I didn't even make it a mile when some bimbo hit me from behind. WTF is wrong with the people in this town?? Do they send all the real stupid drivers here?? I was in a line at the tracks waiting for the train to go by and the DB smacks right into me. First, she made herself look real stupid by saying "Oh, did I hit you?" When I got out of the car and walked up to her window. Then she said "I didn't see you". How could you NOT see ten cars and a freak'n train right in front of you on a clear sunny day????:banghead:

Luckily, she was in a lumina that was at the right heighth where it hit my bumper square and didn't cause any damage. Last year, I was like the 2nd or 3rd car crossing a green light at an intersection when another moron in a red corvette decided to run the red light. He stood on his brakes and came within inches of crushing my girlfriend and car. He must have left most of his tread on the pavement trying to stop. It seems like every year my car is a target...except for the seven years it sat at my sister's house after a drunk plowed into it and it took me that long to come up with the money and parts to put it back together. Now I'm scared to take it out of the garage again.

That sucks,talk about careless driving(I didn,t see you)her makeup was probably all over her face!Sorry about your bad luck.

Fairmont Minnesota...if you do drive through this town, make sure it is between 2-4 am, when the regular idiots are off the road...the drunks are better drivers than the regular idiots...at least they are paying attention to how they drive to avoid getting cops after them.

As a precautionary measure you might want to give one of those "third brake lights" a try. You know, the ones they put on new cars high up in the backlight?

You could also install a trailer hitch that sticks out REALLY far so anyone that rear-ends you gets their car eff'd up real nice.

That sucks. This town is the same way. Olympia, Washington. I remember one of my old '67 barracuda fastbacks. MINT CAR!!!! 57,000 original miles. 273 commando V8 car. I was driving home and someone just pulled out of their driveway and T-boned the side of my car. Completely HAMMERED it. Totally beyond repair. Bent the frame and everything. I didn't get hurt but I started crying when I got out and looked at my car.

go down to wal-mart and get all the thick foam padding you can and wrap it around your car then out side of that line it with tires this should make your car safe to be driven

Definately sucks. Glad to hear no damage. BTW, I was parked next to you @ the Scenic City car show in Iowa Falls, IA. Here's a pic I took of your car.

Sceniccitycarshow%20039_600x450.jpg

In the town where I live we had an on duty police officer make a left turn at a traffic light in front of a motorcycle! Motorcycle was totaled & the rider was injured but IIRC he recovered. The Police Chief said he was going to see about getting the officer into a refresher course on driving! Last I heard they were considering filing some kind of charges against him, but the "accident" was over a year ago & I haven't heard any more about it recently.

Sorry to hear your bad luck, but at least you didn't get hurt and the cuda is going to be all right by the sounds of it. You don't have a lock on moron drivers, we have our fair share to. I swear my wife's car has a big bullseye on it. Last week I was driving along beside this young guy and he just decides to change lanes whether I'm there or not. I was lucky and just happened to be looking in his general direction and stood on the brakes. As Maxwell Smart used to say, "He missed me by that much". It just so happened we were going to the same place. The little coward wouldn't even get out of his car until I left. Then again, I'm not the smallest guy in the world. LOL I will be going back there this week, I wonder what my friend on the counter is going to tell me. hehe

Jack

Stick magnetic pictures of my mother-in-law all over your car !!
That will repell just about anybody.
Glad that the car was not hurt.

Carry a spare tire iron, when the bimbo says sumpin stupid, smash the windshield and say in a cute voice "Oh did I smash your windshield?" don't think for a moment that your town is the only on with it's share of a$$bags, brother.

atleast your cuda is still okay man...your town isnt the only place wher they drive like ****...im honestly getting a little worried for taking the scamp out when shes done- people are so stupid...when i was towing my scamp to the body shop, i was going downhill on an s-curve and some idiot just cuts me off not even realizing it and im honking and everything too...i dont understand how some of these people even pass driver's tests..i think they need to have way stricter standards for driving tests...Dont know who has seen the show Canada's worst driver, but the **** they do on there should be required for everyone to do...im so sick of bad drivers- i never hold back i will honk, pop the bird, roll down the window and yell you name it i will...its getting on my nerves too..

Last November some douchebag totalled my daily driver while it was parked in the street. Nope, you don't have all the idiots.

Sorry to hear what happened and glad to hear both you and the car are OK.

maybe the car is haunted u can drive my truck please dont hurt it

Picture 054.jpg

I took my 66 barracuda out for the first time since winter hit last saturday. I didn't even make it a mile when some bimbo hit me from behind. WTF is wrong with the people in this town?? Do they send all the real stupid drivers here?? I was in a line at the tracks waiting for the train to go by and the DB smacks right into me. First, she made herself look real stupid by saying "Oh, did I hit you?" When I got out of the car and walked up to her window. Then she said "I didn't see you". How could you NOT see ten cars and a freak'n train right in front of you on a clear sunny day????:banghead:

Luckily, she was in a lumina that was at the right heighth where it hit my bumper square and didn't cause any damage. Last year, I was like the 2nd or 3rd car crossing a green light at an intersection when another moron in a red corvette decided to run the red light. He stood on his brakes and came within inches of crushing my girlfriend and car. He must have left most of his tread on the pavement trying to stop. It seems like every year my car is a target...except for the seven years it sat at my sister's house after a drunk plowed into it and it took me that long to come up with the money and parts to put it back together. Now I'm scared to take it out of the garage again.

I used to have a 80's full size Dodge Van with a big hitch sticking out at the rear end. All kinds of people use to tailgate me because they couldn't see around it and I would sometimes stop fast, not really on purpose, it just worked out that way. Anyhow, after 4 people totaled their cars into the back of the van I started to get paranoid about stopping for any reason. The good news is that I got a new rear-end paint job every couple of years and even a new gas tank once. I now have a newer Dodge Van and I stop much slower; it only got hit once. God help the guy or gal who runs into my 67 ragtop Barracuda!

Reading these stories reinforces my decision in 2000 to paint my car lime green. I'll be danged if some old fart will pull out in front of me and claim he "didn't see it."

CudaJim, I'm with you. I pity the fool who's the first one to injure my baby.

Reading these stories reinforces my decision in 2000 to paint my car lime green. I'll be danged if some old fart will pull out in front of me and claim he "didn't see it."

CudaJim, I'm with you. I pity the fool who's the first one to injure my baby.

It doesn't matter. I read once of a study of accidents involving firetrucks. The number one reason people gave was that they didn't see the firetruck. If they can't see a firetruck, the rest of us might as well just give up!

You don't even have to be on the road to get a vehicle smashed.My sister's Dodge van was parked at the
side of the restaurant where she works.A lady was coming into town,where the road curves by the restaurant,
who was carelessly speeding and ended up losing control,hitting my sister's van.It's a good thing the van
was parked at the side of the restaurant because the car would of smashed into the restaurant,right
where the customers where sitting.Both vehicles were wrote off.I am amazed the lady actually
survived the crash after the way the car looked .No one else was hurt,thank god.

Some people are just in to big of a hurry now a days and don't think of the consequences.I especially hate
these people who insist on tailgating me,drives me nuts.They must of got their license out of a bubble gum
machine.I think maybe i will go out and buy a huge amount of bubble wrap to put around my vehicles,but
that probably won't help either.
Glad to here there was no damage on your barracuda,mey6t6

-
Back